Arrow Flash Supergirl Crossover Spoilers

Arrow-verse Crossover Details: Trust Issues! Oliver's Fiancee! Stein's Goof!

The CW has released official synopses for the episodes of Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow that will make up the much-ballyhooed 4-way crossover event, and there be meaningful spoilers!

As has been well-reported, the “Heroes vs. Aliens” showdown technically kicks off at the tail end of Supergirl’s Nov. 28 episode, which otherwise finds Lena Luthor helping the DEO ward off an alien virus, while Alex comes out to her mother (guest star Helen Slater).

The Flash episode appears to “rewind” a bit to set up Barry and Cisco’s recruitment of Supergirl from her Earth, while Arrow’s 100th episode, I have to say, seems a bit of a disconnect, busy as it is marking that series’ milestone. I trust it will make sense in the end, but I have to wonder if they should have instead somehow “cheated the math” and celebrated No. 100 separately.

Sort through the spoilery previews below at your own peril, then mull these burning Qs:
* What is the “shocking secret”?
* Is the “new threat” that Felicity and the recruits deal with different from the Dominators?
* How did Stein create an aberration? By looping in his younger self?

Supergirl, “Medusa” (airing Monday, Nov. 28)
The epic superhero crossover kicks off tonight when Barry Allen (guest star Grant Gustin) and Cisco Ramon (guest star Carlos Valdes) seek Kara’s help with an alien invasion on their Earth.

The Flash, “Invasion!” (Tuesday, Nov. 29)
When aliens called the Dominators attack Central City, Barry speeds over to Star City to ask the Green Arrow (guest star Stephen Amell) for help in stopping them. Realizing the battle against the Dominators is bigger than they thought, they track down the Legends of Tomorrow, and Barry and Cisco create a breach to bring back a secret weapon – Supergirl (guest star Melissa Benoist). Once all of the super friends are assembled, they come up with a plan to attack, but a shocking secret related to Flashpoint is revealed and suddenly no one is sure who they can trust. Meanwhile, Wally wants to join the battle against the aliens but Iris tells him he’s not ready.

Arrow, “Invasion!” (Wednesday, Nov. 30)
Oliver wakes up to a life where he never got on The Queen’s Gambit. Robert (guest star Jamey Sheridan) and Moira Queen (guest star Susanna Thompson) are alive and well. Laurel (guest star Katie Cassidy) is his loving fiancée and their wedding is imminent. Everything seems perfect, but Oliver starts to notice small imperfections that make him question this new reality. Meanwhile, Felicity and the recruits take on a new threat with help from The Flash and Supergirl.

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, “Invasion!” (Thursday, Dec. 1)
After learning the Dominators’ plan for the world, the Legends must work together with The Flash, Supergirl and Green Arrow to kill them once and for all. Meanwhile, Stein figures out, with the help of others, how the team can terminate the Dominators, but is distracted by the aberration he realizes he created in 1987.

1. Azerty says:

Looks like Arrow is taking a page of the comics “For the man who has everything”. I guess that the Dominators will “trap” Oliver or will be responsible somehow. To be honest it feels a little bit disappointing. I know it is a must seen on every show to do a “what/if” episode but Supergirl already did it last season, The Flash kind did it with the Flashpoint storyline…For the big 100 of Arrow I was expecting more interesting, more original. Otherwise I am excited to see all of them on screen at the same time.

• Butch says:

I thought the exact same thing about For The Man Who Has Everything. That seems to be DC’s the most repeated plot short of Lois trying to trick Superman into revealing he is Clark Kent. I hope the original artist and writer Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons get lots of royalties.

• Mike R. says:

Supergirl literally did this in season 1….

• Wordsmith says:

And I’d wager that they may indeed be using the exact same plot device – a Black Mercy parasitic alien flower – to accomplish this plot twist.
        Sure, they’ve been there before, but it’s a unique opportunity to do something so brazenly paranormal on Arrow, which is technically the most grounded of the four series.

• Mary says:

Or maybe the Dominators use their mind control powers for it. Whatever they do, it would also explain Deathstroke showing up out of nowhere. That maybe after Oliver realizes that something is wrong and that it’s a fantasy world. They don’t want him to get out of it so Deathstroke attacks.

• Azerty says:

Yes that explains Stephen Amell’s Instagram photo with Deathstroke casually hanging out in a park in bright day.

• Butch says:

A story with aliens is the exact opposite of what the producers said they wanted to do with Arrow this season. Leave the fantastic to the other shows. I guess they were afraid fans would be upset if Arrow was left out of the crossover, but the plot really doesn’t seem to belong with what they have said they wanted to do with the series this season.

• Azerty says:

Yep totally agree with you. But I do think they could have found another storyline, that would have included Arrow just fine. For example they are doing Cadmus on Supergirl, if Arrow hadn’t killed Amanda Waller last season they could have done a great crossover with that arc. the fact that Supergirl is on another Earth would have been challenging but after 2 years of speedsters on Flash, 1 year of alien on Supergirl, 4 terrorists attacks on Arrow, that would have been the perfect way to bring them all together in a realistic storyline. But it might be too close from the cinematic universe and specially Suicide Squad. Now with an additional alien attack and whatever Arrow/Flash bring this year, maybe the Cadmus crossover is for next week with hopefully a clone storyline just like in the anime!

• taran63 says:

I was thinking more of the old Batman animated episode where the Mad Hatter captured Batman and plugged him into a dream world of Batman’s choosing just to keep Batman out of the Mad Hatter’s way.
      I’d like to see Oliver’s reaction to finding out his dream life (subconsciously) is his parents are alive, never getting stuck on the island, marrying Laurel, and likely not having the relationships he currently has with his team. The aftereffects of something like that could be interesting to see, so it probably won’t happen that way.
      This plot isn’t limited to just comic books though. I remember an old episode of Star Trek where Picard got zapped by something, and lived an entire life, married, learned to play a flute, grew old and died. Then he learned the whole thing never happened and it was just memories of a dead civilization passed on to him so they’d be remembered.

2. Cordell Garrett says:

Come on November 28 hurry up and get here

3. kate says:

Well, as the Dominators either they themselves have mind control powers or they have access to Black Mass and I wouldn’t be terribly surprised that they aim to take out the leader which Oliver will almost always become in the field (even with the other shows, Kara will follow Barry’s lead since this is his world and Sara will fall back into second lieutenant role to Dig). If its the Black Mass, if I remember from Supergirl correctly, its going to likely annoy anti Olicity fans because it will have to be her or John that reaches out to Oliver. Thea could do this too, I suppose, but its probably more useful to have someone who wouldn’t be in his fake world since Alex appearing to Kara in her Krypton home was what started her questioning and finally what was able to pull her out.

• Butch says:

In the Superman comic book where this story came from it was someone from the real world, Batman, who pulled the Black Mercy off Superman to wake him up. His dream becoming progressively darker. I wonder why Sara wouldn’t be in Oliver’s dream as it is her sister her is marrying. Perhaps only dead people are in his dream and Tommy can show up to be his best man.

• dasein314 says:

You mean the Black Mercy?

4. Butch says:

I guess Wally gets his powers permanently next week if he wants to join the battle during the crossover.

5. Butch says:

No mention of Deathstroke. Perhaps he shows up in Oliver’s dream as the clue that something is not quite right.

6. Donna says:

I just have one question: will any of this right the wrongs that Barry created with Flashpoint, i.e,, baby Sara etc.

7. John036 says:

Wait why is Katie Cassidy being listed as a guest star? I thought she was a regular in Arrow, The Flash, and LoT….wouldn’t she listed under the ‘starring’ and not ‘guest starring’?

• Mike says:

She was listed as a guest star or special guest star the first episode of Arrow this season too.

• Lyla says:

How exactly can Katie Cassidy be a regular on Arrow is it’s been six (almost 7) episodes and she obviously isn’t IN them. Pay attention to the billing this season. Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Willa Holland, Emily Bett Rickards .. and no Katie Cassidy. Her deal : ”regular across all the shows” means the same as Barrowman’s deal and W.Miller’s deal. If you haven’t noticed, they haven’t been around this year either. Basically, it means the actor can be used in either of the 3 shows if the plot asks for it, but neither of them are regular, current players anymore. Miller has other projects, Barrowman’s story line on Arrow finally run out (but they obviously want to keep him around in the universe since he is a great actor), and Cassidy’s character of Laurel Lance is dead. Guggenheim and Mericle have said she will occasionally be around as either flashback Laurel on Arrow, Black Siren on Flash or somewhere in time on Legends. That’s not a series regular title as we know it, the girl won’t be in more than 3-4 eps this year. Her role in 100th ep is also in a dream. The deal and pseudo ”regular across 3 shows” title is misleading if people haven’t noticed. The lack of these actors should be a clue though. XD

• Quinten says:

Well they’ve already confirmed that some version of her will be back in the current timeless. Could be Black Siren, or even another Laurel, who knows at this point. But I definitely believe that her scene in the first episode of Arrow this season was the setup of her returning to the Arrowverse in a more prominent role again, most likely as another version though.

• Max says:

She might as well have said to Oliver “replace me” but ok…

• Quinten says:

Well yes, these writers obviously aren’t always the greatest, but they couldn’t be dumb enough to make someone else the Black Canary. It has to be some version of Laurel, and my guess is that it will be. Keeping Katie Cassidy around and replacing her as the Canary at the same time would be even crueler than killer her off was.

8. Jennifer says:

I am not comic book person so careless about Oliver and Laurel getting married like in the comic books not interested in them but I am interested in what is he going to do about his friends what happened to there lives while he is living this new life. I am Olicity shippers they’re endgame

• Butch says:

His new life is just a dream. Felicity and the new recruits are busy with The Flash and Supergirl in the same episode. So instead of flashbacks they will shift between Oliver’s wedding prep and the new recruits, Felicity, Supergirl and The Flash.

• Liz says:

Oliver wakes up in a dream world where he never got on the gambit. But it’s only happening because the aliens have put him in this dream state. It’s not real. While he’s under, Felicity will be teaming up with Flash and Supergirl. Literally the only good thing to come out of that episode description.

9. Luis Roman says:

How did I know it was going to be it’s a Wonderful Life? How does Slade fit in?

10. Phun says:

Looking forward to the crossover. Cannot wait!

11. Brian Nguyen says:

Regardless, lack of originality or not… I am so excited about this crossover which lasts for a whole damn week! it’s gonna be trendy as heck! But so, if Laurel is in his alternate timeline… How is she actually “alive and well” in the episodes after this? At least Arrow is questionable… #WaitingforLaurel

• JC1 says:

Why do you think she’s going to be “alive and well” in the episodes after this? I haven’t read any spoilers to that effect. The only thing I’ve seen is that KC will be appearing in a couple of episodes of Flash/Arrow as Black Siren. But nothing about Laurel Lance coming back to life.

• Lyla says:

Laurel is not alive and well in the episodes after this. Laurel Lance on Arrow is dead. The actress has a deal, though, to sometimes appear on the Flash as Black Siren, on Legends somewhere if needed, and on Arrow in flashbacks or in the case of 100th episode – in dreams. It has been made more than clear that Laurel is in that grave and is staying there. If u’re waiting for her resurrection, you’ll be waiting a long time, dude.

• Quinten says:

Arrow showrunner Wendy Mercle has confirmed that some version of Laurel with be “alive and well” by the midsession point. That’s been confirmed for over a month now I believe. She’s going to be in the mid season premiere as well.

• JC1 says:

Do you have a source on that? Because without seeing the actual quote I think she’s talking about Black Siren, who has, to my understanding, been confirmed to be in a couple of episodes after the midseason break.

• JC1 says:

Never mind, I found the quote myself. Eh. I’m like 99% sure she’s talking about Black Siren, since I believe KC herself recently indicated that Black Siren was coming back. But I guess until the episode airs, people can believe whatever they want.

• Lyla says:

This just reminds me of ”Laurel isn’t in the grave, because COMICS”, lol. How did THAT turn out for u guys? I have no idea in what few eps will Katie Cassidy appear on other than the 100th DREAM sequence, but I’m sure there’ll be some (2 max tho). My point was that Laurel Lance is not coming back ”alive and well” to Arrow as a regular cast member like last 4 seasons. If you cannot see it now, nobody can help your misguided expectations. Let’s just see what happens at the end of the season and how many eps will she have actually been on. ;)

• Rendezvous says:

How bout you not try passing you opinion as fact because hate to break it to you its not….Laurel will always be apart of arrow is some way, shape, or form…so get over it.

• Quinten says:

While this doesn’t confirm that she’s going to be back as the Laurel Lance that died, and I agree that she could be referring to Black Siren, this is obviously going to give fans of hers hope. I also have to believe her scene in the first episode was a setup for most likely another version of her taking the mantle. They can’t be dumb enough to make someone else the Black Canary. I’m just hoping these writers are at least smart enough to somewhat retcon their bad desicion, one that was executed even worse. So I’m holding out hope, cause there’s so much reason to at this point. So let her fans have their hope :)

• JC1 says:

“They can’t be dumb enough to make someone else the Black Canary.”
          *winces* You might be right, but I’m fairly well convinced that Juliana Harkavy’s character is going to end up being the new Black Canary. That would not be my choice personally – I wanted the name to go to Sara. And if not that to retire it permanently. I have not yet figured out the logic in bringing in a totally new character and making her the replacement Black Canary, but that’s where I think they’re going. *shrugs* I might be wrong though. We’ll see. This whole new/returning Black Canary business, though, is what finally snapped the last remaining shred of my patience with Arrow. After two very rough seasons, I just don’t have the patience to put up with it anymore.

• Butch says:

Aren’t you waiting for Black Siren to meet Quentin Lance? She could fool him into thinking Laurel has come back to life and she can make up some excuse about why he has to hide her from Team Arrow.

12. Lyla says:

Agree with the article. OF COURSE, the 100th episode should’ve been only about Arrow and only with Arrow characters. If they would want to do a ”what if” scenario, they could still do it. 100th ep celebrations are known to do weird stuff, throwbacks, alternate universes etc.. And they wouldn’t need aliens to do this as more grounded shows than Arrow have wondered off their reality for this landmark celebration. And by ”only Arrow characters” I mean, of course, guest appearances of Laurel and Sara, and Moira are welcome, because of the important roles they have played on Arrow. As I said: a ”what if” scenario. NOT ALIENS on ARROW for god’s sake… And I actually like the idea of showing what would Oliver’s life look like if he never went on the boat. But for the sake of celebrating where they are NOW as a show, it’d have to end with him realizing that where he is now with who he is now is where he has to be. Otherwise, what? We, viewers, are left here wondering how wrong, sad and disappointing his life has turned out? Then what’s the point of his hero story ”to the light”? No, it has to be to show that everything happens for a reason. In that case I will probably even be able to tolerate the non-existent chemistry between Oliver and Laurel. Don’t get me wrong, I 100% think Katie Cassidy deserves to be on the 100th ep, I just think it could’ve been something about her being the strong, wonderful, iconic fighter all the comic fans kept referencing when she died, and not just the fiance Oliver cheated on repeatedly. Just my input.

• Liz says:

This. And I was never much of a fan of Laurel but to bring her back for the 100th and just have her as Oliver’s fiancee that he probably still cheats on is such a disservice. And the aliens on the 100th is just an absolute farce.

13. Liz says:

Can’t believe Arrow’s 100th episode features aliens. But they were going back to basics though? LOL jokes jokes jokes. It’s as laughable as the rest of this season. Majorly disappointed.

14. JC1 says:

To be honest, these descriptions kind of dampened my excitement a little, and I’m not sure exactly, because the promos looked awesome. I’m particularly “meh” about the Arrow part of the crossover. I agree that it sounds like it should have been a separate episode, not part of the crossover. A big part of the fun of the crossovers, for me, is the team-ups and all the different characters working together, and I think a large part of what derailed last year’s crossover was spending so much time on an Arrow-specific storyline (Oliver’s baby-mama and son). I’m still planning to watch all of it, of course, even though I’m not otherwise watching Arrow and Flash this season. But I hope it doesn’t turn out to be the disappointment last year’s crossover was.

15. ndixit says:

I think they really need to understand that the appeal of the crossover is the heroes interacting with each other. They should put the solo stories on hold for them. I agree that a 100th ep story for Arrow is not fitting for a crossover ep because people will likely just get irritated with the dream part taking away screen space from the team up. Flashpoint I can understand because it’s a universe altering thing and it does have a connection to Legends and Arrow, but as a whole they should just focus on the crossover and deal with their individual storyline afterwords.

16. Joey Padron says:

Good scoop crossover episodes. Excited to see the episodes at the end of this month!

17. fatalsin says:

I love reading the comments.. Im sorta glad I dont read the comics.. i think id be so upset at the tv show so i get why some who do read the comics get so mad about liberties taken by the tv show

18. hi im new on here first

19. Butch says:

So in Oliver’s dream world would he still be seeing Sara on the side while he is engaged to Laurel? Would the dream take place in the present ie 10 years after Oliver did not get on the boat? Would Oliver still be the rich playboy he was if he never was on the island?

20. James Perry says:

I’m excited to see it, I can hardly wait!

21. Rambling Joe says:

Could Oliver’s ”visit’ with family be visions of a “Flashpoint’ timeline when Barry went back to save his mom? Just like some people on “The Flash” were having dreams of their former lives in a different timeline, maybe Oliver is experiencing something similar.

22. dhall says:

The one thing that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever with the new season of the flash as well as LoT, and undermines EVERYTHING that has ever taken place on Flash… is how they are now treating “reverse flash”, it makes absolutely no sense and is stupid.

Ok… the entire premise of season 1 of the flash, barry’s parents being killed, him being a foster child, the real harrison wells being killed… EVERYTHING stems from the fact that the reverse flash travelled back in time to kill barry’s mom, and then shortly afterwards he lost his ability to run with superspeed. He could no longer runf ast enough to time travel, and EVERYTHING that transpired… eobard thawn killing harrison wells, assuming his identity so that he could cause the particle accelorator later when barry was grown up…. EVERYTHING was all because eobard thawn (reverse flash) could no longer run fast enough to get himself back to the future to HIS time. He raised up and trained barry so that barry could send him back to his own time……

So now at the beginning of THIS season of the flash, barry travels back, imprisons reverse flash right before he kills barry’s parents… and has him stuck in a warehouse for half a year. An entire half a year. In season 1, reverse flash says that shortly after he killed barry’s mom he lost his powers and couldn’t run fast enough to time travel. Veeeeery shortly after killing her, that’s why he was stuck in the past with child barry.

So, 6 whole months after barry saves his mom… 6 whole months AFTER the time that reverse flash would have originally killed barry’s mom,… barry lets reverse flash out of his cell, and reverse flash immediately runs through time, takes barry back to kill his mother, and then runs through time again. NOW, reverse flash is zipping around through time in legends of tomorrow, time travelling nonstop like it’s nothing in every episode.

THE ENTIRE PREMISE of reverse flash was that he couldn’t run through time anymore! Now that’s totally disregarded and he zips around through time constantly. If that was the case, season 1 of the flash never needed to happen, harrison wells never would have needed to be killed, eobard thawn never would have hung out in the past, he would have just killed barry’s mom and then time travelled back to his own time like he always wanted.

The fact that he still kept his super speed and time traveling powers completely contradicts everything ever established about reverse flash in the show.

• Rambling Joe says:

The Reverse Flash on LOT is a younger version of himself. In his original timeline, he has not yet went back in time to kill Barry’s mom. These visits to the past take place before his visit back to kill Barry’s mom. His earlier self could travel back in time with no problems. That’s one of the problems with time travel stories, they get really messy and confusing.

• Butch says:

We also don’t know why after Reverse Flash killed Barry’s Mom he could no longer travel through time. Maybe something happened to him after the first time he killed Nora that didn’t happen when he fixed Flashpoint.

23. herman1959 says:

Woohoo! I’ll be watching all four episodes LIVE…nobody better call me at 8 PM Mon-Thur.

24. Ms Theng says:

I plan to watch Supergirl, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. I couldn’t care less for felicity and friends.

25. Angella says:

I am hoping for an Alex/Sara scene!

26. Butch says:

I don’t know why TVline doesn’t recap DC Legends but the 11/17 episode absolutely killed it. Definitely the best Arrowverse episode of the week. This show has so improved over Season 1 it is a shame it gets only 17 episodes this season. I am assuming the girl Stein is seeing during his headaches is going to be a daughter he didn’t previously have. Darn Barry and Flashpoint or Stein interacting with his younger self.

27. Sk313t0r says:

Quick question: I haven’t been following Supergirl nor Legends of Tomorrow. Should I before watching the Crossover Event?

28. Aaron says:

In the Legends of Tomorrow synopsis, it says the heroes must work together to kill them once and for all. It has been well established that Kara doesn’t kill; and season 2 of Supergirl so far has mostly been about rights for aliens. I know it depends how the writers do it, but may I ask any Supergirl fans here, are you comfortable with Supergirl killing? or participating in killing sentient beings? Which seems to be the plan here in the invasion crossover story.I’m not looking for abuse or arguments; I’m just interested in what people think about this is all.

29. Cecilia Gamburg says:

What happened to Thea, she should have been with everyone at the end

30. I’m a bit lost :/ Just caught up with episode 7 of Super Girl, now I find I have to watch episodes from three other shows so I can make sense of it..