Westworld Renewed

Westworld Renewed for Season 2 — Divorce, Insecure Also Snag Renewals

HBO just can’t stop doing the robot.

The cabler has ordered a second season of its A.I. drama Westworld, as well as fellow freshmen Divorce and Insecure.

“I am thrilled to announce the pickup of our three fall series, all of which have distinctive, original voices,” HBO programming chief Casey Bloys said in a statement. “Critics and viewers alike have welcomed Westworld and Insecure, as well as the return of Sarah Jessica Parker to the network after 12 years with Divorce.”

In multi-platform viewing, Westworld thus far is averaging 11.7 million viewers, which puts it ahead of Game of Thrones and True Detective in their maiden runs. Divorce and Insecure, meanwhile, are averaging 4.4 million and 3.2 million viewers, respectively, on par with Veep and Girls.

Which of the three pickups are you happiest about? Weigh in below!

1. Joey says:

Best news I’ve gotten in the past week!

2. Dave says:

Why did they renew Divorce? It’s bad, ratings are bad, and it’s expensive as compared to other 30 min. comedies.

3. GuessWhat says:

I like both WESTWORLD and DIVORCE. So I am happy. Unhappy that the wait will be till 2018 for Westworld though. arrrrrgh.

4. Kevin says:

Happy about Westworld getting renewed for a second season but how long will the series last. We may never know. HBO better keep things up.

5. Billy meacham says:

HBO just better not pull that crap an cancel it two months later like they did with vinyl earlier this year.

6. Westworld is great as is Divorce. They have become my favorite shows.

7. Danvillegirl says:

Westworld, I have not seen the other two.

8. Samantha says:

Insecure is my favorite show on TV right now! I’m such a fan of Issa Rae. Kudos to HBO for making some good decisions today.

9. Westdallasboy says:

I absolutely love Insecure, with Issa Raye!!! It speaks from the original voices of mature African American who are either dating or in serious relationships. I love the chemistry between the cast and how easy it is to relate to!

HBO did good with this one! Ballers is great as well!!!

Keep them coming!!!

10. ekolint48 says:

Yay for Westworld and Insecure!

11. BrianR says:

Nice double entendre “doing the robot” after this weeks episode.

12. D. Holland says:

I think they should add the great Michael Emerson to the cast! There’s no better actor around as far as I’m concerned and it would be wonderful to see him in such a different genre of television! Westworld would be all the better for it!!!!!!

13. bigdede says:

I love Insecure!!! Hopefully in season 2 Molly will grow up. They have to find a way for Daniel and his jawline to be in season 2

14. Don’t care about the other shows, but happy for Westworld! I was hoping it would have more seasons, so they can have them in other time periods, like the creators of the show said they wanted to do!

15. Westworld sucks. Good idea but poorly executed. Very dull.