Gilmore Girls: Scott Patterson Reveals Why Final 4 Words 'Perturbed' Him

gilmoreScott Patterson‘s Luke may not be delivering any of Amy Sherman-Palladino’s final four Gilmore Girls words, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have an investment in them. On the contrary, one might say he’s a little too invested in them.

“I actually submitted a list of what I wanted the four words to be to Amy and Dan [Palladino],” the actor deadpans in the above video interview. “And when I found out what the four words actually were, I was quite perturbed. They didn’t take [my suggestions]. So I made some phone calls and raised the roof a little bit.”

All kidding aside, Patterson says he was “a little surprised” when he learned what Lorelai and Rory’s climactic exchange would be, adding that it was both “clever” and “made sense.”

Luke’s portrayer also weighs in on how he plans to binge the four-part, six-hour revival when it makes its Netflix debut on Nov. 25 (spoiler: not all at once), and shares which of the series’ supporting players he enjoyed sparring with the most.

Watch my on-camera Patterson Q&A above, and then check back in the coming days for more from the actor as well as Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, and Team Palladino as TVLine’s “18 Days of Gilmore” scoop countdown continues.

1. Scott Peterson says:

“That’s right, you’re adopted.”

2. I feel like.whatever these “4 words” end up being we will be underwhealmed…too much hype. I feel this is all it’s been talking about since…show eneded, right there with Team “insert boyfriend here”

• jj says:

totally agree. I’m much more excited about the entire episodes than just 4 words.

• Stacy says:

I get you. I’m excited about the 4 words because of the grander scope of things. For me it’s about seeing the series ended the way ASP had always envisioned. It’s everything that leads up to those words.

3. jj says:

glad to hear there will be Kirk & Luke scenes. Their dynamic was always fun.

4. MLPR says:

What is he wearing? Please tell me this interview happened on Halloween.

• Laurie says:

He has a rock band now so he’s gone “rocker.’ with his appearance.

• MLPR says:

Oh God. Thanks for the info, but so disappointed. I realize that actors are different than their characters, but I don’t know if I’ll ever look at Luke the same again. Really? A rock band? Ugh.

5. TV Gord says:

I appreciate all of the Gilmore coverage, but I have to admit, I’m skipping most of it. I want the 25th to be as pure as possible. I’ll probably come back and check out these articles after I’ve seen the shows, the way you watch the special features on a DVD after watching the main attraction.

I have to say thanks to entertainment in general. After this week’s election, there is much that I am dreading in the immediate future, but between Gilmore Girls and the Hamilton Mixtape in December, there are things to look forward to, as well. :-)

6. He looks positively creepy in the bandana and hat combo.

7. I’m honestly sick of hearing about the four words, and just want to watch the show. Amy’s not one for endings that wrap up everything in a neat bow, so for me it will be all about the journey.

8. keniri says:

I just had a thought,. The final four words. Judging from this article, it will be from Luke to Lorelai:Will you marry me?

9. luke says:

Lorelai: Luke.
    Rory: Is my father?

10. FatherOctavian says:

Every time I see an interview with Scott Patterson or see him in anything else, I’m always surprised that he doesn’t talk the way Luke talks.

11. Jermey says:

Tvline, I like you a lot, but you need to stop with your obsession about those final 4 words. you’ve been talking about them non stop since the show got off the air.

12. Elana Leanna says:

What in god’s name is he wearing on his head?