Greys Anatomy Ratings Season 12

Ratings: Grey's Anatomy Ties Series Low, Big Bang Theory Rises

Grey’s Anatomy‘s somewhat experimental episode on Thursday night drew 7.25 million total viewers and a 1.9 rating (per finals), dipping 6 and 9 percent to what appears to be the 13-year-old drama’s second-smallest audience ever, while tying its all-time demo low (set April 2, 2015).

Leading out of that, Notorious (3.8 mil/0.9) was up a tenth, while HTGAWM (4.3 mil/1.2) was steady.

Elsewhere on the night….

THE CW | Legends (1.8 mil/0.6) was steady, while Supernatural (1.7 mil/0.6) ticked down.

FOX | Rosewood (3.3 mil/0.7) dipped to match season lows, while Pitch (2.6 mil/0.7) slipped to its lowest numbers yet.

CBS | Big Bang (14.5 mil/3.4), Great Indoors (7.7 mil/1.7), Mom (7.1 mil/1.5) and Life in Pieces (6.2 mil/1.5) were all up, while Pure Genius (5.4 mil/0.9) was steady.

NBC | With NFL preemption in Cleveland and Baltimore factored out, Superstore did 4 mil/1.2 and then 3.8 mil/1.3 (the latter equaling its best-since-premiere rating), while Chicago Med (6.7 mil/1.4) and Blacklist (5.9 mil/1.2) also ticked up.

1. Jelena says:

So sad people won’t give Pitch a chance – it’s amazing.

2. Kevin says:

Chicago Med and The Blacklist are a great one-two punch for NBC’s Thursday night line-up. As for Blacklist what are the chances the series gets renewed for a fifth and proper final season now that the whole daddy issue is over?

3. Christina says:

People don’t watch Grey’s Anatomy for the surgeries and ABC promoted this episode as only being about a surgery. It was filler and shouldn’t have been done during November sweeps or before the winter finale. The ratings will bounce back next week because they’re getting back to the actual stories people care about (Alex’s trial and him possibly going to jail, Jo telling him that she’s married, Richard being ousted from his job by Bailey)

• Rebecca says:

This. I watch Grey’s every week because of the relationships. I couldn’t care less about the surgeries, I usually fast-forward through those.

• Vi says:

Didn’t care this episode at all.

• Ally Oop says:

I wanted to quit the episode after 10 minutes. So boring and stupid. I watch the show for the ongoing character drama. I wanted to find out about Owen and Amelia, Alex, Jo, Avery and April, what’s going to happen to Richard, Nathan and Meredith, etc. Grey’s might as well have been on hiatus for the week.

• Ashley says:

I DVRed Grey’s and tried to watch it last night, but I went to bed early after the first scene. That was the worst I’ve seen from that show in years — maybe ever. I almost never skip episodes of my regular shows, but may have to settle for a recap for this one.

4. Magali says:

I can’t believe the numbers for Pitch. It’s soooooo good, why are we so few to watch it ?!?

• Kevin says:

Fox’s Thursday night line-up isn’t doing well since the start of the Fall TV season and Pitch could be on the verge of cancellation sooner rather than later.

• John NYC says:

I’m one who bailed after I found the first few episodes lacking in appeal. Perhaps that’s happened a lot.

• Jim says:

I stuck with it but I get it. The show hit a lot of wrong notes and made some bad choices with how to present the story. Like making her seem incompetent and quitting her first game over nerves. And another problem the show has is that Mike Lawson’s story is much, much, much more interesting than Ginny’s, and I’m not quite convinced the lead actress is good enough and has enough screen presence to carry her own show. She’s getting swallowed alive in every scene she shares with Mark Paul Gosselaar and Ali Larter.

5. Collette says:

IMO This TBBT episode was only so so but it certainly showcased the magic that is Jim Parsons. He and Simon Helberg are lightyears ahead of the rest of the cast.

6. Katie says:

I for one just don’t care about any of the characters the last episode was focuses on. I mainly watch this show for Alex and Jo, and their relationship keeps being treated like crap and such a socially important storyline like Jo’s domestic abuse one is being pushed into the background because Shonda had to pick now out of all times to focus on the originals. If she can give 1/4 of an episode to Stephanie, why can’t she do the same to Jo once so we get some progress on her storyline that I find very interesting?

7. Shar says:

It’s a shame that Grey’s viewers didn’t show up this week since, SPOILER HERE, Hunt’s sister and McDreamy sure did. BTW, Edwards is my new favourite person.

8. LT says:

BIG BANG is still solid entertainment. So good.

9. luke says:

TBBT runtime again below 19 minutes… only thing I watch on CBS, after this “last” season, bye bye CBS.

10. kmw says:

Well even though Grey’s dipped it is still ABC’S strongest show. I have a feeling it will go back up. With those Numbers it is easy to see why FOX is going to reality shows on Thursdays. Rosewood is finished and poor Pitch never stood a chance after Rosewood. FOX should have put Pitch with Empire. Hope that FOX will hang in there for Pitch but I don’t think its likely. Good night for CBS.

11. valerie tower says:

Grey’s was so boring this week that I gave up after 15 minutes. Major yawn.

12. Melissa Northup says:

This episode was horrible! Turned if off after they found out the guys name on the table. I love this show and have watched it from the beginning but… This episode I couldn’t even finish. It was so far out there and cheesie. Hope next week is back to normal.