Exclusive
The Good Fight Cast

The Good Fight: 2 More Good Wife Vets Board CBS All Access Spinoff

Another pair of Good Wife alums are spoiling for a Good Fight.

Zach Grenier and Jerry Adler are set to reprise their respective roles as elder legal statesman David Lee and Howard Lyman in the forthcoming spinoff, which premieres in February 2017 on CBS before moving exclusively to the network’s streaming service CBS All Access.

The Good Fight picks up one year after the events of last May’s finale and stars Good Wife vets Christine Baranski (Diane), Cush Jumbo (Lucca) and Sarah Steele (Marissa). In the new series, an enormous financial scam has destroyed the reputation of Diane’s goddaughter, Maia (Game of Thrones‘ Rose Leslie), gwf-epi503-276iwhile simultaneously wiping out Diane’s savings. Forced out of Lockhart & Lee, they join Lucca at one of Chicago’s pre-eminent law firms.

Both Grenier and Adler are set to guest star in the premiere.

The ensemble also includes Good Wife newbies Delroy Lindo (Chicago Code), Paul Guilfoyle (CSI), Bernadette Peters (Smash) and Erica Tazel (Justified). Additionally, Gary Cole will reprise his role as Diane’s hubby Kurt McVeigh on a recurring basis.

Good Wife creators Robert and Michelle King return as showrunners and EPs on The Good Fight. Longtime Good Wife director Brooke Kennedy, meanwhile, is set to helm the premiere.

1. Great, we only get Matt and the Good Wife without the Good Wife will be ON.

2. Me says:

I just can’t wait for February!

3. Cas says:

Never even knew CBS had a streaming site. I wonder if this is something other networks are considering too?

• KLS says:

I am sure they are all watching if this will work. I would be interested in seeing All Access numbers now and right before episode two of The Good Fight. New content is the key.

4. PJnGa says:

Dear CBS, still not paying you per month to watch anything! Greedy jerks!

5. HAP says:

Too bad nobody will be watching this. CBS is apparently spending a tonof money on this show to lure people over to their streaming service. But it won’t be me.

6. Greg says:

No thanks. I have been happy about all the other casting news but thats enough of the old characters now. David lee was awful, I would rather start fresh with new people than see him again.

• Hurl says:

Hes just guest starring in the premiere. I would say its a necessary presence if they want to kick Diane out of the firm in the premiere.

• Jakay says:

Still waiting for David Lee to go to jail for stealing Alicia’s partnership money and hiding it under Howard’s name… I really hated both characters (Lee and Howard) by the end of the show.

• Bobbi says:

Exactly. They don’t need David Lee or Howard – they gave nothing to the show. The Good Wife could have gone on for a few more years, except the writing started to suck. Love the cast they have started with, but I won’t pay to watch anything as we already pay enough to watch shows and the commercials are longer than the shows.

7. David says:

So I loved The Good Wife and I miss it and am very excited about this show. However paying CBS when I already spend so much on media just won’t happen. Any idea on an episode count? I wouldn’t pay for this monthly but paying one month and binge watching it doesn’t sound horrible.

• Butch says:

You can get one week free of CBS All Access ( the version with commercials) when you sign up. I don’t think they have said if all episodes will be available at once or if they will release them one week at a time. Once all episodes have been released I guess you will be able to binge watch them

8. Christian says:

I just cannot see this working. Bad idea that should have been stopped at the initial idea stage.

9. Sherrie Cornforth says:

So does this mean that Alicia will not be on this show? I think that she was great on the Good Wife.