The Good Fight Gary Cole

The Good Fight: Gary Cole's Kurt Returning for Good Wife Spinoff

After a long day fighting The Good Fight, Christine Baranski’s Diane Lockhart will have a fine mustache to come home to.

Gary Cole will recur on CBS All Access’ spinoff of The Good Wife, TVLine has learned, reprising the role of Diane’s husband Kurt McVeigh.

Of course, it might be a bit premature to refer to Kurt as Diane’s husband. As you may recall, Kurt was forced to disclose details of his affair in court on The Good Wife series finale (hence that slap!), so the couple’s future technically remains in question.

Also appearing on The Good Fight are returning favorites Cush Jumbo and Sarah Steele, as well as new additions Rose Leslie, Delroy Lindo, Bernadette Peters and Paul Guilfoyle. The spinoff premieres in Feb. 2017 on CBS, before moving exclusively to CBS All Access, the network’s streaming service.

Your thoughts on Kurt’s return? Hopes for his relationship with Diane? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Dr. Opossum says:

I am glad to hear that. I was a bit worried when casting for this series didn’t mention Cole. Kurt and Diane are a good couple – here’s hoping they work through their problems.

2. SUSO says:

A high profile woman in Chicago’s husband was having an affair, then had a fall from grace and is now trying to put the pieces of her life back together as she works from the bottom on up… all while trying to maintain some relationship with her husband?

Why does this sound so… familiar?

3. Janice says:

Was it actually established that Kurt had an affair? I thought they tried to imply it, but Diane walked out before he could answer.

4. Just me says:

I still have hope Kurt did not cheat.
    February is so far away!

5. Scribe says:

I want Cary Argos in this!

6. Ricky23 says:

Wish they would just keep this on CBS – I’d definitely watch but I’m not paying for the online version!!

7. bridyyc says:

I’m actually starting to grow hoarse from saying it…but here it is again….

Robyn!!!

8. I still won’t watch this unless they put it on the network. I’m not paying more to watch this! I already pay a satellite provider and I’m not paying anymore to watch this. Shame on you CBS!

9. slf says:

10. Lisa Echerd says:

That’s good news. I just wish this would be on regular CBS TV. It sounds a lot better than some of the shows they have. I’m certainly not going to pay money for CBS’s terrible player for any reason and not for one show.

11. JS says:

I watched the finale of the Good Wife and was it for sure that he cheated with his associate or was it just heavily implied just to ruin his reputation?

12. HAP says:

They have assembled an excellent cast. Too bad no one will be watching.

13. JEAN says:

I am so glad Good Fight is coming.I love the actor.I was an avid watcher of Good Wife.I hope this show goes a long time