Exclusive
iZombie Spoilers Season 3

iZombie Reviving Greg Finley's Drake in Season 3 — But There's a Twist!

Even on a show where people literally rise from the dead, this iZombie return is kind of a surprise.

Greg Finley will appear in an upcoming episode of The CW zomedy, reprising the role of Liv’s ex-boyfriend Drake, TVLine has learned exclusively. When last we saw Drake in the second season finale, he was being killed (by Liv!) in order to save Clive.

So how does Liv’s (second) dead zombie boyfriend re-enter the picture? In the 10th episode of Season 3, Liv will eat the brains of a mentally disturbed man being haunted by the wife he killed in a car accident. By the rules of brain-eating, Liv will find herself similarly haunted.

iZombie‘s third season, premiering midseason, will also feature appearances by Jason Dohring (Veronica Mars), recurring as the brother-in-law of Fillmore Graves CEO Vivian Stoll, as well as Natalie Alyn Lind (The Goldbergs) and Andrew Caldwell (Good Luck, Charlie).

Your thoughts on Drake’s (brief) return? Hopes for Season 3 in general? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. jericho says:

All I have to say is WHEN?! While I have surprisingly enjoyed Frequency, I long for the smarter, more engaging shows like iZombie and The 100 back. Do we have dates yet?

2. Lorna says:

Darn it. I thought he was coming back to life…err, being undead. Still glad to have him return.

3. Ian says:

I like him, he’s delicious, but he’s always getting striked out of any show he appears in, all of them CW shows.
    He’s very cute though. Prayer circle you get a steady role one of these days, sir.

4. Leo says:

I hope this loooooong hiatus doesnt hurt the show when it comes back. I’ll unleash the zombies if the show is canceled….

5. Miriam says:

Many of us have been hoping for Drakes return in Izombie. But not just for an episode. More like permanently! You see you can’t get us to fall in love with a character and then just take him away. We fell in love with the idea of Liv and Drake. We felt the chemistry and connection they have. Please find a way to bring him back not just in Livs memories! Everyone will appreciate it.

6. Brigid says:

Good grief Charlie Brown, this show needs a date for it’s season 3 premiere. I’d gladly get rid of Arrow to have this show on again. Good to see Drake back for an episode, I liked his character. Still wishing for a Liv/Major reunion!!!

7. char says:

if anyone should come back it is bradley james/lowell

8. hsmithy says:

I’d MUCH rather have Lowell. Lowell Forever.

9. Cynthia Eastburn says:

Please keep Drake as a permanent on the show. He adds a very great counterpart for liv. Plus they are amazing together as a couple. Also Please dont drop the show. It is way too good to see it gone. I love it!