Sleepy Hollow Season 4 Premiere Date Set Fox

Fox Sets Sleepy Hollow Season 4 Premiere, New Girl Move and More

Sleepy Hollow‘s Ichabod Crane and his band of apocalypse fighters will be back in action on Jan. 6, Fox announced Thursday.

The supernatural drama’s fourth season will air at a new time: Fridays at 9/8c.

Sleepy‘s return was included on the network’s midseason schedule, which also features the previously announced series premieres of The Mick and Star, the final season premiere of Bones and time-slot moves for New Girl, Hell’s Kitchen and Rosewood.

New Girl will move to Tuesdays at 8 pm beginning Jan. 3. Hell’s Kitchen will air back-to-back episodes on Thursday, Jan. 5, before settling into its regular, 8 pm slot on Jan. 12. And Rosewood will move up an hour, airing at 8 pm Fridays beginning Jan. 6.

Also getting their start at midseason: the Justin Kirk-fronted high-tech police drama APB and the celebrity cooking show My Kitchen Rules.

RELATED Sleepy Hollow Season 4: Tom Mison on That Porch Scene, Crane’s New Partner and Life After Abbie

Meanwhile, we hear that Pitch will conclude its initial 10-episode run on Dec. 8, and no decision has been made yet about a full-season pick-up for the baseball drama.

All told, Fox’s midseason schedule looks like this:

WEDNESDAY, DEC. 14

8 pm Empire (fall finale)

9 pm Star (special premiere)

SUNDAY, JAN. 1

4 pm NFL Doubleheader

8 pm The Mick (special premiere)

8:30 Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s two-part winter finale

9:30 pm Family Guy (encore episode)

TUESDAYS, BEGINNING JAN. 3

8 pm New Girl (time-slot premiere)

8:31 pm The Mick (time-slot premiere)

9 pm Bones (final season premiere)

WEDNESDAYS, BEGINNING JAN. 4

8 pm Lethal Weapon

9 pm Star (time-slot premiere)

THURSDAY, JAN. 5

8 pm Hell’s Kitchen (special two-hour episode)

FRIDAYS, BEGINNING JAN. 6

8 pm Rosewood (time-slot premiere)

9 pm Sleepy Hollow (Season 4 premiere)

THURSDAYS, BEGINNING JAN. 12

8 pm Hell’s Kitchen (time-slot premiere)

9 pm My Kitchen Rules (series premiere)

SUNDAY, FEB. 5

10 pm 24: Legacy (series premiere, Part 1)

MONDAYS, BEGINNING FEB. 6

8 pm 24: Legacy (series premiere, Part 2)

9 pm APB (series premiere)

THURSDAYS, BEGINNING FEB. 9

8 pm Masterchef Junior (Season 5 premiere)

9 pm My Kitchen Rules

1. Kia says:

I’m not surprised Fox couldn’t pass up the opportunity to give Bones one final move but I do hate to see it air after their comedies, especially new girl though, but that’s just a personal issue. Still, I also dislike that Bones comes back so soon. Partially because I’d like to postpone the inevitable ending for as long as possible but more so because Fox sucks at promoting the show and if it comes back so soon after new year’s… When are they going to air the promos? During Christmas? 😒

• kmw says:

We are going to be lucky to see any promo for Bones at all and by the way Bones is losing a minute to New Girl and that new show. So on top of a shortened season( which I have accepted) but now we get even less of Bones airtime. I don’t care about their move to Tuesday but I dislike them getting less time Bones final season premiere should be getting more time not less. Oh but why would I be surprised by this this is FOX after all and they have never cared about them except when it comes to money. Rosewood’s move to Friday says it all. Sleepy Hollow is done too. At least FOX got smart and put reality on Thursday. they should do better there than what they have had on there.

• Amelia says:

I wouldn’t worry about that one minute – the show will still run the 42 minutes it always does. So, it will either be one less minute out of the commercials, or The Mick will be just a minute shorter. I agree scheduling about money, but this specific problem is not unprecedented.

• Michael Summerset says:

I don’t think they care about ratings or even promoting it. The only people who will watch it now are fans who have been already watching it. It’s going to air every episode regardless. With the syndication it has the episodes have practically already been paid for.

• kmw says:

That’s all well and good but to longtime fans like myself it would be nice to see a promotion or two for said networks LONGEST RUNNING drama. This is also the network that says Rosewood is their” legacy show”. What a bunch of garbage And so what if syndication has made it already paid for. Sending Bones off with no promotion( whether you like the show or not, don’t you agree that shows that are ending after a long run should get a modicum of respect? I do) Bones has been treated like trash from FOX for a long time and now is no different. And I like your statement ” I don’t think they care”. That statement right there is why FOX is flailing( World Series, Super Bowl, and Empire non withstanding) and why FOX is in huge trouble next season. All of their shows currently except Empire Lethal Weapon and their cartoons on Sunday are at or nearing fractional. I mean look at FOX thinking the low 1.1 or 1.2 New Girl is going to benefit The Mick. If FOX cared about more than one or two shows a year and tried to program their nights better they wouldn’t be in the mess they are in. I hope that The X-Files, when and if they get going can help this mess of a network. Bones may not be the best show on the air but fans have been loyal to it and it has done what FOX asked it to do so maybe FOX can at least give it a farewell promo or two

2. ScrubsGuy says:

Mmm…is Brooklyn 99 on the cancellation track? Winter finale burned off on New Year’s Day? Not good!

3. Dan says:

Guess that means we’ll be waiting forever for gotham

4. Elaine says:

Wasn’t the Prison Break reboot supposed to be on Fox’s midseason schedule?

5. Jared says:

So I’m guessing Pitch is gonna be one of those one and done type of shows? On a side note I hope Fox schedules Prison Break as a late Spring/Summer series.

• Michael Summerset says:

The ratings are making it so. It’s doing just too poorly to continue on. If it wasn’t for online and DVDs, the show wouldn’t even last 10 episodes.

• delorb says:

After their history with POC characters, I gave up on them entirely. I don’t know when I last tuned into Fox.

• Jim says:

Empire? No? Anyway, I think the problem with Pitch is the lead actress isn’t strong enough to be a leading lady. I gave her a few episodes to find her footing but she’s not finding it. When the character at the center of the show is so meek and mopey and the least interesting person on screen all time, it’s a problem.

6. Brian says:

Is Making History still premiering at the beginning of the year or is that in the spring or even summer?

7. Lala says:

What about Pitch?

8. Phillip says:

What about Prison Break?

9. Michael Summerset says:

They made a big mistake delaying Sleepy Hollow for Pitch. SH is a show that needs to be aired in the fall. And Pitch has failed to perform.

• Emily says:

speak for yourself. i’d rather watch Pitch than Sleepy Hollow anyday

• Cali says:

Pitch lost me within the 1st 10 minutes. The opening scene of Ginny in the hotel room surrounded by floral arrangements, fruit baskets and then the close up of two note cards, one from Ellen Degeneres (no issue) and the other from Hillary Clinton (seriously?😡). The story then goes into her not speaking with those around her as she is doing her pre-game prep. Then the agent who is repping her starts her schtick about how “Ginny is the only person more powerful then Hillary Clinton”…and that was it for me. Shoving that garbage down my throat during a pilot episode of new show completely turned me off and I haven’t been back since. Others also felt the same as I did so I wasn’t a one off because of their antics. It was just something that didn’t need to be done.

As for SH, I’m finally glad that it’s back on and since Rosewood is the lead-in for it that makes it all the better. I’m surprised that Rosewood’s ratings have dropped since it did well last season. Maybe it being the lead in for Empire also helped in that regard. Either way I hope both do reasonably well since Friday’s are not a high watched night. I think across the board most shows are down viewers including the NFL which has always been ratings gold. What networks are going to have to do is understand that viewing habits have changed. Many have cut the cord and are using alternative ways of viewing shows now. I think the network that figured out how to measure that number is the one that will succeed. Once that is figured out the other networks will follow the lead.

• Saynay says:

They said SH was coming back in the winter when they surprisingly renewed it for s4. The show should have been cancelled.

• Cali says:

Well I guess the network thought they had more to tell story wise with SH then you obviously did. I on the other hand welcome its return. I think Abbie’s death opens a lot of avenues for them to take with regard to Crane and how he adjusts to loss since he has now lost his wife, his son and now his partner. I do hope that those who have made their intentions clear about not watching do just that and not wage some pent up angst ridden tirade with respect to Abbie being gone. The actress wanted out and the producers and obliged her request. That is where it should remain.

• Yay says:

It would really just be great if you worry about what you and Crane do. Let other folks decide what they want to do. Stop trying to police other folks and mind your business.

• John NYC says:

Just pointing out there’s a far easier solution to your apparent problem with the show. Don’t watch it?

As a thought.

Much more under your control than Sleepy Hollow production and broadcast.

10. Kevin says:

Rosewood move to Fridays could be doomed despite a sophomore slump.

11. mango cherry says:

Sleepy Hollow needs to end. Why is Fox so obsessed with this show? Yikes.

• Cali says:

Maybe because there are people who do watch it and were not part of a witch hunt that ensued ad nauseam for several weeks after the S3 finale. I will be interested to see where they take the show and Crane from this point post Abbie. People tend to forget that without Crane there is no SH. Washington Irving’s original story was about Crane, Katrina Van Tassel, Abraham Van Brunt (Brom Van Brunt/Brom Van Bones) , Baltus Van Tassel, and their interactions. There never was an Abigail Mills, Jenny Mills, etc. That being said I liked the introductions of those characters along with Franklin Irving, Joe Corbin, etc. I just think that the writers tended to get bogged down by their introduction into the story arc.

• Janet says:

Yes but Ichabod was also an idiotic, money-grubbing, spineless arsehole in the original. The show is loosely based off Irving’s classic. Now it’s not even set in Sleepy Hollow so we can’t be precious about the novel. They changed the entire formula. I believe that Abbie and Ichabod’s dynamic was the heart of the show. Tom is amazing but they were a compelling pair. I understand the actress wanted to leave but the producers and showrunners lack decorum. They could have at least wished Nicole well and moved forward amicably. After three years of showing her powerful journey they erased her entire purpose. Not a good idea if you want to gain back viewers who are on the fence for season four.

• John NYC says:

Apparently the people whose profession is making those judgements disagrees and judged there was more story to tell that advertisers would pay for.

Otoh: “end” is always a channel change away….

12. Anna says:

Sleepy Hollow was horrible last year. I can’t believe they renewed it. Especially, since they killed Abbie and absolutely ruined Crane. That used to be my favorite shoe but we will always have season one.

Glad to hear Bones is returning.

13. John NYC says:

I’ll be interested to see how the writers meet the challenge. Ichabod was the center of Sleepy Hollow for me so I’m looking forward to giving it a try.

• Rachel says:

Ichabod AND Abbie were the center of the show. In the first season, the audience sees things through her eyes. It’s not the actresses’ fault they went off course with the show but Tom Mison has said multiple times that the show doesn’t function without Nicole Beharie. S4 is going to be a complete mess – they have killed off Abbie, Joe, lost all ability to write coherently (well that was done in S2) and alienated the majority of their fanbase. That’s quite the feat.

14. James says:

I doubt that I’m going to watch SH. I stuck with it for 3 seasons but since they killed of Abbie it won’t be the same anymore. And the fact that they are jumping the shark with switching the location from Sleepy Hollow to DC just makes it much worse. Why even bother calling it Sleepy Hollow when the central location of all things bad happening is no longer in Sleep Hollow?

15. Moonglow says:

I was surprised when I saw episode 401 on Jan 6 2017. The Wilkes-Booth demon reminded me of the speedy creature from pages 216-218 of the book Wicked Prayers almost verbatim. Dairitch is a creature in Wicked Prayers. He was born of green bile, the thing that created him entered through a glowing green light, the creature is a spirit that returned by inhabiting the body of a man. Dairitch also has super speed, jagged teeth, screeches, can hide in plain sight and then appear from out of nowhere. There’s a scene in the book where soldiers are looking for the demon hiding in plain sight. Sound familiar? All of the aforementioned happened in Sleepy Hollow with the Wilkes-Booth demon to include the guys looking for the creature hiding in plain sight.

Even the pics in the book Ichabod was looking at about 5 minutes into the episode had creatures that were described in Wicked Prayers. My friends and I were watching this episode in disbelief. I’m curious whether Friday’s show about the invisible witch will have the same characteristics as Ren-Sher from Wicked Prayers who is also invisible until just before she’s about to kill a person. The soldiers in the book used computer monitors, cameras, special glasses/prototype night vision to see her. She has the ability to lock people in their deepest regret. My friends and I are fascinated at the uncanny similarities. I’m waiting to see if the stone man Ulu Ghazi and or the infectious Leapers with big black eyes and thick claws will appear. According to the book Ichabod was looking it likely a safe bet that that Leapers will be on the scene. I also wonder if the tentacle man, aka octopus man, aka The blood thirsty Beast will hit the scene. From what my friends and I have seen so far this season this is clearly a Sleepy Hollow-Wicked Prayers mash-up.

I noticed that the author, S.D. Moore was not listed in the credits, but really should be.