Bones: Stephen Fry to Bring Back Gordon Wyatt for Final Season

Bones won’t wrap without another visit from Dr. chef Gordon Wyatt: Stephen Fry will return for a final guest appearance, TVLine has confirmed.

The actor’s involvement in the Fox drama’s 12th and ultimate season became public knowledge Wednesday when star David Boreanaz tweeted a photo of Fry on set.

Per Fox, Wyatt will reappear in the upcoming season’s ninth episode.

Fry, who currently stars in CBS’ The Great Indoors, first showed up as the kindly psychiatrist in Season 2, after Booth shot at an ice-cream truck. He later retired from counseling to indulge his love of cooking. His last appearance took place in Season 5.

A recent press release for the upcoming season teased “the return of fan-favorite guest stars and squinterns;” these include Eddie McClintock, who played Brennan’s ex, Sully, and Betty White, who guest-starred as Dr. Beth Meyer. Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show) and Hal Holbrook (Evening Shade) also will show up in Episode 3 as a wise guy and a Marine veteran, respectively.

The final run also will include “a wedding, an “epic serial killer storyline” and a new undercover mission set at a lumberjack competition.

Bones‘ final season bows Tuesday, Jan. 3, on Fox (9/8c).

Psyched about Gordon Gordon’s return? Let us know in the comments!

1. RedReddington says:

Yay! Love Gordon Gordon. I’m so excited for season 12, but sad that Bones is ending. This show had been good enough to keep going for more seasons.

2. Frankie707 says:

WooHoo!!! He’s one I’ve been hoping for. :)

3. Patrick McNamara says:

It’s starting to look as if the final season of Bones will have more stunt casting than story.

• kmw says:

No Bones is just getting attention for its casting this season because it is their last season.Bones had a lot of good casting last season it just no one said anything. Stephen Fry and his character ACTUALLY mean something to the show unlike Sully who isnt really necessary. i am looking forward to this

• Kia says:

I do not agree about Sully (I think there’s a potential for a very emotional rich story) but otherwise, what she said. Bones has had many great guest stars right from the start. And as this article states, Stephen Fry was on the show in S2, 4 and 5. He is important to the story. He is not a stunt casting. Besides, Bones never does that. They do have great actors appear on the show, but it never takes away from the story, they usually get a pretty great role that fits the story well. What a bitter comment.

• kmw says:

The only real problem I have with Sully is they haven’t even MENTIONED him in 10 years. if Sully is one of the characters that dies that is an issue with me because Brennan wouldn’t let his death affect her marriage to Booth at all. Now if Sully comes back in a humorous way that would be something else. Brennan wasn’t with Sully long enough to have her have a breakdown over him( I can accept Brennan having difficulties over Zack because she mentored him for quite some time). Despite my not really liking his return I will give it a chance and see what they do with him. I am however pleased they are focusing on Brennan a bit more because she hasn’t had much to do the past couple of seasons other than supporting Booth. Now Booth needs to support her. Gordon Gordon’s episode should be good.

4. heather says:

I was hoping Stephen Fry would return!!!!!!

Gordon Gordon ❤

5. kmw says:

BEST. NEWS. EVER!!!!. We get one last look at Gordon Gordon.So happy with this news. Bones gets one of my favorites back( and maybe help Brennan a little bit too). I did not think they were going to get him back. So looking forward to their episodes

6. kirads09 says:

Yay! It wouldn’t be a proper end run without him.

7. Kia says:

I’m delighted that he was available to return. They’ve wanted this to happen for years. It’s clear they want to make the last season really meaningful to the fans because we all wanted him back to and I cannot wait to see him on the show again. Wyatt always had amazing lines and his dynamic with Booth was hilarious.

8. arial2 says:

The best news I’ve heard yet about the final season! LOVE Gordon Gordon Wyatt, whether as a psychiatrist or a chef. Stephen Fry is so-o-o funny!

9. Nancy says:

Love Dr. Gordon Wyatt! Very glad we get to see him one last time. I look forward to him seeing how far Booth and Brennan have come since he last saw them!!

10. Jenn says:

Squee! Love Stephen Fry!

11. laura c says:

Love Stephen Fry and his Bones character. I’m glad he’s coming back. Sad that Bones is ending though. I’ve been watching since Day One and with few exceptions, I have loved all the cast, miss Sweets, hope he is given mention at least. I still watch on TNT.

12. Wendy says:

Sully? Meh. But YAY! to seeing Gordon (Gordon) Wyatt one last time!

13. Janet Gilman says:

I’m thrilled that Stephen Fry will be back. Since it’s the final season, do you think Bones will EVER do what they should have done in 2014, when Ralph Waite died? They led us down the garden path, telling us how important Pops was to Booth and his brother, essentially raising them. Then, not only did they not give it a proper goodbye episode, but there was no goodbye from the powers that be, either. Apparently, NCIS is more of a class act, as they gave the event an episode, as well as a fitting goodbye blurb at the end of an episode. How could Bones do that to the fans and to Ralph Waite? Surely the fans were deserving of a chance to mourn the loss of Booth’s grandfather.

14. Mary Sanchez says:

I have been watching Bones since the beginning and have enjoyed each and every character. I’m happy that this last season will give a proper closure for the show and the actors.
    But it is sad to know that this is the last season. It’s going to feel like I’m missing a family. If by any chance, any more seasons coming. Can’t believe it’s the end. Will miss the show and the wonderful story line and great actors. You will be missed.

15. Lisa Clark says:

I love Stephen Fry’s character Gordon Gordon and am delighted that we get a chance to experience his expertise as a chef/psychiatrist