Timeless Season 1 More Episodes NBC

NBC Extends Timeless Mission (Slightly), Schedules Taken Premiere

NBC has given Timeless some more time.

The time-travel drama’s first season has been extended to 16 episodes, TVLine has learned.

In addition, Taken — the series adaptation of the Liam Neeson action films — will premiere Monday, Feb. 27, at 10/9c, immediately following The Voice‘s spring return.

NBC calls Taken a “modern-day prequel to the blockbuster feature film franchise that depicts how [Neeson’s character] Bryan Mills developed and sharpened his particular set of skills.” Vikings‘ Clive Standen will play Mills; Alex Cary (Homeland) and Luc Besson are among the series’ executive producers. Cary also will serve as showrunner.

“Monday nights are critical to our success,” NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt said via statement, “and we’re going strong into the rest of the season with the return of The Voice in February followed by the premiere of Taken, along with additional episodes of our great new series Timeless. We’re very happy to welcome Gwen Stefani back to The Voice, along with Blake, Adam, and our new coach Alicia Keys. And Taken is a thrilling new series inspired by the hit movie franchise but updated in a very clever way.”

Jennifer Salke, president of NBC Entertainment, said via statement, Timeless is a phenomenal new show that takes the audience emotionally to a completely different place and time each week,” added Jennifer Salke, President of NBC Entertainment. “We’re thrilled to be ordering additional episodes so that we can run the final six hours of the season in a row with no pre-emptions after the new year. Our hats are off to Eric Kripke and Shawn Ryan for producing one of the most ambitious new shows anywhere on television.”

1. Luis Roman says:

Catching up with “Timeless;” like the premiere, but “Garcia Flynn?”

• kate says:

I don’t think that is his actual name, my thought is that he is from the future (he has Lucy’s journal that she hasn’t even begun keeping yet) and he is hiding who he may be connected to in, well, the present time that Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus are from.

• Justin says:

He’s Lucy’s father

• MsTLB says:

I was thinking that myself. Or maybe related to her in some way.

• Temperance says:

He’s Lucy’s son. I thought that was pretty evident. It’s why he never threatens to kill her, but does the others, and why he has the journal.

• mary says:

Ah…but he’s too close to the timeline then. Remember they cannot go to time periods where they may encounter themselves. I think she may be his grandmother, or great grandmother,

• skyebright8 says:

Definitely Lucy, he doesn’t seem that interested in Rufus or Wyatt

• svs says:

They told about how he killed his family when they first introduced the character. They wouldn’t know that if it had happened in the future. I don’t know that I buy the he’s her son/grandson theory. It would be interesting though.

• lrdslvrhnd says:

What’s wrong with a multicultural name? Nobody bats an eye at, say, David Ortiz, or Nick Markakis.

2. Dave says:

Considering Timeless is already down to a 1.1 with The Voice giving it a boost, extending it seems like a mistake. The show could go fractional very soon. Weakest thing NBC has aired post-Voice on Mondays. But cool spin by Greenblatt.

• Patrick McNamara says:

It may be that NBC doesn’t have anything better to replace it with for the rest of the season. They can only cancel so many shows.

I was tempted to drop it after the second episode but the show picked up in the third, although the payoff for the nuclear device was unimpressive. They WWII spy episode however was interesting.

• Jason says:

They only extended it by three episodes so it’s not much of an extension. It also doesn’t bode well for renewal.

• mary says:

It’s doing well in dvr ratings though.

• WhatHappenedWhen says:

Good point about the DVR ratings. I really really like the show, and I watch it via DVR because I don’t have time to watch it on Monday nights. I hope they give it time to find its audience and renew it. The actors have chemistry, and some Americans very much need the brush up on history this show provides.

3. wrstlgirl says:

I watch Timeless if I have time, it’s not must see for me. I like that you can miss episodes and not be lost.

4. Kevin says:

Happy that Timeless is getting a full season pick up but only 16 episodes? What are the chances the time traveling series is going to get a Season 2 renewal?

• Jon Willis says:

16 episodes isn’t that odd anymore. The Walking Dead only does 16 episodes a season, How to get away with murder has 15. Shorter seasons are sometimes better less filler episodes

• Marc says:

I wouldn’t get too attached to be honest. The show is not doing very well behind The Voice, which is the strongest possible lead-in it could get. Both The Blacklist and Blindspot did much better, though both are suffering now that they were moved. But back to Timeless, it would have to tick up quite a bit for a prolonged period oft time if it wants a 2nd season.

• Harper Rogers says:

Just like their “pod” movin’ on, if you blinked you missed it. The show was already
      renewed and ran a 30 episode travelogue doing business as The Time Tunnel in
      the 1966-1967 season.

5. Jeff C says:

You mean to tell me NBC passed on the Cruel Intentions series for a Taken prequel? Smh -_-

6. Aaron says:

Considering how expensive the show is, 16 episodes is probably a good number for it instead of 22 regardless of renewal or cancellation. And if does continue I can see them keeping with 16 episodes each season.

• Kevin says:

That would be a great idea. Look at The Walking Dead when it runs 16 episodes per season (dating back since Season 3).

• Aaron says:

According to Dealine, smaller episode orders are becoming more of a standard for NBC. This Is Us has an 18 episode order, The Good Place is a 13 episode order.

• There’s a lot of logistics involved with the episodes. They need new sets and locations each episode which means a lot of pre-planning. They probably have a warehouse for the costumes but there’s still a lot of fitting and tailoring involved. And with 16 they can run 8 episodes before Christmas and 8 in the spring making it seem like a full season.

7. kate says:

I’m enjoying Timeless, my only issue is the time slot but that is personal because I want to watch DWTS, Supergirl and Lucifer which wouldn’t otherwise interfere. I am developing this habit of pairing it with No Tomorrow and just have a fun tv filled night without any angst or over drama (you know even if the trio here might very well be working for the bad guys currently and if Lucy and Rufus would talk to each other they’d figure it out and that on the other show its conceivable that Xavier is correct though they sort of wrote themselves into a corner if they get a full season because that would coincide with the season finale date and if Xavier is correct, that’s the end…if Hank is correct, or at least more correct, the show might take a darker view but still weirdly be a romantic comedy).

8. Joey Padron says:

Good news Timeless got more episodes order. Like the show so far. Hope it comes back for season 2!

9. CA says:

I suspect what NBC is doing is allowing Timeless to tell it’s story in the 16 episode’s NBC ordered. While the ratings somewhat stabilized (though I’d be curious of the live plus numbers), I see this show going by way of Forever last year. Cult following — but not enough to warrant the expense of a return season.

10. drhenning says:

Haven’t watched last night’s Alamo one yet since I got in late and caught up with earlier stuff.. But good news that we’ll get 16 for what may be an expensive show to shoot. I think they’ll repeat decently since as far as I can see, the serial storyline is not extensive.

11. michelle says:

Good! Timeless is great. Hopefully more people continue to catch onto it. It gives me some Doctor Who vibes that I love.

12. N says:

I love Timeless

13. Stacy says:

I’m really torn on Timeless. I like the adventure of the week, but they’re trying to pair that with this shock & twist factor about how present-day has changed when they return. Yet there’s no follow through.
    We’ve learned Lucy’s mom is alive and she’s engaged to a stranger, but they have offered zero background or updated information on those relationships. I’m still watching, but my money’s on cancellation. I think if they could better tie in present storylines to past storylines their ratings would jump significantly.

• grys03 says:

Likewise. In addition they gave us the ‘mother’s alive & fiance’ stuff very early & then that was a cemented present. Pretty sure they’ve done other things that should have changed.
      Wife & I look forward to the show as it’s reasonably light entertainment & a bit of fun.
      Having watched Alamo I found it to be the best main story but the weakest back story. Replace Wyatt? Why made no sense. Assistant Director who is surprised at the time machine? What’s he been doing with his time?
      Personally I hope that the show continues – maybe they can borrow some sets from DC Legends & vice-versa?

14. tara17 says:

Great news! Hope it lasts many seasons.

15. Katherine215 says:

Maybe I misunderstood something, but wasn’t the whole purpose of the nuclear power source for Flynn’s device to make his capsule untrackable? How did they know he went to the Alamo then?

• Jen says:

Untrackable in present time as it was pulling a lot of energy to power up for the next trip and that created a beacon to follow (which the new power source solved). However, we’ll probably get some sort of explanation that there’s still a time travel signature that it gives off in transit to the past (and somehow not back to the present, wah wah). But lbr, it’s not like this show cares much about the science. Otherwise, the moment Flynn went back in time, the future would already be changed. The trio doesn’t get some sort of magical window of time to “catch up” with him. It’s swiss cheese tv – full of holes but still yummy.

• westwingwolf says:

Well, one could argue that it’s the pretzel or twisted timeline theory. In other words, the trio was always meant to follow Flynn to fix/stop whatever he intends to break so in essence they do get a moment of catch up. In an alternate timeline there may actually be a world where Flynn’s acts immediately change the present, but that’s not the timeline these characters are living in. It’s convoluted and a bit of a cop out, but it makes the premise work. And frankly, the idea that things don’t immediately change is the price you pay for the time travel premise. I think they should have incorporated the idea that Kate & Leopold took which was that messing with history puts certain aspects in flux where they could have problems in the present (like elevators not working in that movie), but there is always a possibility to fix it with time travel because the timeline is twisted like a pretzel. But that could have just added another layer that the creators felt the general audience would figure is too hard to follow on top of everything else. Personally I like the more complicated aspects of time travel. All the paradoxes it creates. But I get why the creators need it to be the least complicated as possible even if that means plotholes. Flynn has Lucy’s journal that she hasn’t written yet so the twisted timeline theory already has roots. Flynn time travels, Lucy & gang follows, Lucy writes about things that change or need to change to stop Rittenhouse, Flynn gets diary to make changes, then Flynn time travels to make changes, and Lucy & gang follow. It’s a loop and a complicated one at that. Or it’s possible that Lucy wrote that diary in an alternate timeline where she time traveled without following Flynn, but learned about the dangers of Rittenhouse on her own; left the diary somewhere in her past (now the present timeline) for Flynn and he took it thus starting an alternate timeline travel adventure for Lucy. Which causes its own problems of paradoxes and plotholes. The things you have to put aside for a time travel premise is unending. But having someone like Rufus or Connor state that time is in flux after Flynn travels could be an excuse, plausible or not, that makes it work for why they have the chance to change things.

16. Jared says:

I’m really loving Timeless so far. Happy to see NBC showing some faith in the series and ordering additional episodes.

17. k says:

Okay, I like the time travel thing and I really like the three main characters. BUT, as much as I like the trip to the Alamo, James Bond, etc. I don’t “get” why they are after Garcia Flynn. It isn’t clear to me what Flynn is trying to do, and if all they are going to do is follow him around to different events in history (writers could do A LOT more with this, too), then I am not going to keep watching.
    Viewers need to know why Flynn is doing what he’s doing (even if we aren’t told everything), and we need a bit more information. Lucy surmised some possibilities, and Flynn told her about Rittenhouse. Rittenhouse is real and exerting some kind of control in the 21st century. I think the writers need to do a better job “connecting the dots, ” otherwise everything Lucy, Wyatt, and Rufus do in the past seems very arbitrary and disjointed. Writers–you CAN fix this !!

18. mike says:

I’m greedy I want 22 episodes. i like the show.

19. Deion says:

I like Timeless, but the Wyatt Character bugs me. He sees how their world changes when they make even the slightest change to history and every episode there is a fight he is hellbent on changing things. It’s boring. The character needs an adjustment in that respect.

20. AngelWasHere says:

Timeless is OK, but it’s same thing every week and it’s getting old fast.

21. Zoe says:

NBC/SYFY you already have the most ambitious show in The Expanse. They should promote it better. Anyone who likes science fiction should check it out.

• And they already have a far better time travel show with 12 Monkeys too! That said, neither the (excellent, I agree) Expanse or 12 Monkeys would work on NBC as they’re so complex. Timeless is eminently suitable for a broadcast network, and will hopefully work as a lead-in for people who are looking for something more ambitious with time travel like 12 Monkeys. Whether they’re smart enough to use Timeless in that way is another matter..

• Brian says:

It isn’t back until January ’17.

22. Couch Mom says:

Hope Taken doesn’t pan out like the reboot of McGyver. Loved both the Taken movies and excited to see how he “acquired his certain set of skills.” Tried to like McGyver but it just can’t compare to the original (not that it’s suppose to), but RDA brought so much charm to the show. Go Taken!

23. jazzyt2u says:

Here is what I hope to learn. Garcia Flynn is in fact her son from the future and they find out some how that Wyatt is the father that she didn’t revel to her son but notes in her journal refer to him and somehow it is reveled before the two guys kill each other.

24. Kenzie says:

I enjoy the history aspect of it and the transporting every episode and how if something changes in the past how it changes the present!! Hoping for a season 2!

25. QueenB says:

I’m enjoying Timeless. I think if they get a second season the series will improve maybe with a new showrunner or hire any of the Mutuant Enemy writing staff that are available

26. Ann says:

Timeless is a smart television show which shows a snapshot of the past in interesting way. Look forward to it each week.

27. Pat Rath says:

I love the show Timeless. I nice change. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL IT.

28. Gary C says:

Timeless will become a classic in the realm of the original Star Trek. It is well written and well acted. The philosophical undertones are as great as the historical accuracies.
    NBC, don’t let this one go !!

29. Ron says:

I think Timeless is the best show on TV period. I don’t really think The voice has much of an influence as a lead in. I like the Voice but dropped off of my watch list this season because I’m not much of a Miley Cyrus fan. I think a bigger influence is Scorpion on CBS. Scorpion and Timeless are both a must watch for me. Thank heavens for DVR’s.

30. Andrea says:

I love the show, but wish NBC would move it to the Summer. It’s up against too many well established shows to thrive the way it could, given the right amount of time (no pun intended). Plus, the networks seem more forgiving of low ratings in the Summer, and Timeless has the kind of unique storyline (like “Zoo”) that could pull in viewers, rather than lose them to high rated reality and comedy shows. I’ve really enjoyed it, and would hate for it to end before given a proper chance.

31. Alan smith says:

Love the show timeless keep it on

32. fivish says:

Another mystery show which will end before the mystery is resolved. They need to wrap it up by episode 16.

33. Alaine says:

I thoroughly enjoy TIMELESS and hope it will return for season two!

34. Mike says:

They better start to pull the freaking story together better if they want a season two. I have watched every episode and I am highly annoyed. Feels like a waste of time.

35. Marc says:

Its brilliantly made, luv the series, lets keep it going

36. BC says:

I watch every episode of timeless, I’m a 41 year old white American man and Rufus is my favorite character on the show! Please keep it going

37. Can’t stand the thought that Timeless may not get a 2nd season, Love that season 1 got an extension,

38. Romaine Albecker says:

Bring back Timeless next season. There are so few good shows to look forward to returning. Make this one of them.

39. JEANETTE GULLETT says:

I love this show. Gives a different insight to historic events.
    Please don’t cancel.

40. JEANETTE GULLETT says:

Seriously…..DVR episodes….then you miss nothing.

41. Brenda wallace says:

Love the show Timeless.i look forward to seeing it every week.

• WhatHappenedWhen says:

After seeing the season finale last night, I am very much rooting for this show to be renewed for a Season 2. I WANT MORE! If NBC does not do so, then hopefully another network will pick it up. After all, NBC dropped JAG after the first season back in the ’90s and CBS picked it up immediately. And, JAG gave way to NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, and NCIS NewOrleans. The NCIS trilogy is not 100% accurate either. So, if NBC cancels this show, it will not be the first costly mistake NBC has made.

Timeless is very entertaining and presents an enjoyable fantasy escape from reality for one hour each week. I understand that the sci-fi groupies are not fans, but there are many of us who are not sci-fi fans who can appreciate this show. It is nice to be taken back to various times in history; and hopefully people will be motivated to research those historical moments to gain a 100% accurate viewpoint, if they are so inclined. The writers should be allowed to use some “poetic license” in order to tell their story. Movies based on historical events always take license with some of the facts because they are portraying historical fiction, not making a documentary. I do watch documentaries; but I also like watching fictional shows; and I don’t confuse the two.

The cast is great. They have chemistry and they don’t “overact” their parts which would turn it into a comic melodrama. The period costuming is pretty accurate, so that adds another favorable point.

• WhatHappenedWhen says:

After watching the season finale, I am very much rooting for this show to be renewed for a Season 2. I WANT MORE! If NBC does not do so, then hopefully another network will pick it up. After all, NBC dropped JAG after the first season back in the ’90s and CBS picked it up immediately. And, JAG gave way to NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, and NCIS NewOrleans. The NCIS trilogy is not 100% accurate either. So, if NBC cancels this show, it will not be the first costly mistake NBC has made.

Timeless is very entertaining and presents an enjoyable fantasy escape from reality for one hour each week. I understand that the sci-fi groupies are not fans, but there are many of us who are not sci-fi fans who can appreciate this show. It is nice to be taken back to various times in history; and hopefully people will be motivated to research those historical moments to gain a 100% accurate viewpoint, if they are so inclined. The writers should be allowed to use some “poetic license” in order to tell their story. Movies based on historical events always take license with some of the facts/characters because they are portraying historical fiction, not making a documentary. I do watch documentaries; but I also like watching fictional shows; and I don’t confuse the two.

• Jon Willis says:

I still laugh at how bad NBC screwed up with jag. After they cancelled it it ran for another 9 seasons and then gave way for Tv’s most watched series and it’s 2 spin offs

42. Lanny R. Carlson says:

It’s about the only NBC show I ever watch, and even then I have to record it, as it’s on opposite Scorpion, one of the few other shows I ever watch!

43. M says:

Please keep Timeless. I love this show. There needs to be a season 2.
    I don’t get the opportunity to watch much tv but always made sure I tuned into this show. Please don’t disappoint! I’m still upset that you cancelled Journeyman after a few episodes.

44. Kevin M says:

This has the same dumb writing and idiotic character behavior problems as did “Revolution.” The type of people it would attract are ALL smarter than the writing staff, and likely the showrunner.

A great idea that’s truly a dud. It also suffers from the off-putting idea that the USA is based on evil, but that just goes along with the rest of the show’s PC nonsense.

45. Georgia Cherry says:

Love husband show… please renew

46. Shiraz Kingdom says:

Please Please Please Run Season 2

47. Mark Torrance says:

please please please pl please bring Timeless back it’s the best riding in the best things on TV in the last 20 years other than Star Trek why don’t you bring that back to Timeless is great Lucifer is great these are great writing this is great TV writing I don’t understand why you just take put it and you leave us hanging we want to see more we want to Rufus and Lucy we want to see what happens to Rick and house please bring back Timeless for many episodes let him run two years we won’t want to see what happens when hanging here you leaving us hanging by a thread you always do this to a program when a good program comes on when you have a great profile great drama a great series this always happens and you leave the annual leave the oil for ones on this is a great drama and great great writing it’s very fresh I hope this comment keeps of Timeless on thanks ttorrent