The Good Fight CBS

The Good Wife Spinoff Title Revealed

This isn’t half bad. In fact, it’s pretty Good.

CBS’ forthcoming all-digital spinoff of The Good Wife will be titled The Good Fight, it was announced on Monday.

The offshoot — debuting in February 2017 on CBS, before moving exclusively to the network’s streaming service CBS All Access — picks up one year after the events of last May’s polarizing finale and stars Good Wife vets Christine Baranski, Cush Jumbo and Sarah Steele (reprising their respective roles as Diane, Lucca and Marissa).

In the new series, an enormous financial scam has destroyed the reputation of Diane’s goddaughter, Maia (Game of Thrones‘ Rose Leslie), while simultaneously wiping Diane’s savings. Forced out of Lockhart & Lee, they join Lucca at one of Chicago’s pre-eminent law firms.

The ensemble also includes Good Wife newbies Delroy Lindo (Chicago Code), Paul Guilfoyle (CSI), Bernadette Peters (Smash) and the just-cast Erica Tazel (Justified).

Good Wife creators Robert and Michelle King return as showrunners and EPs on The Good Fight. Longtime Good Wife director Brooke Kennedy, meanwhile, is set to helm the premiere.

1. Arlene says:

When Carrie Preston is done with ‘We Will Rise,’ maybe she’ll join the cast too? Maybe?

2. magsmcdee says:

So, this means the ONLY way we can watch is to purchase CBS All Access? I already pay astronomical amount for cable (which in turn pays networks) – how is this “good news” for me? Sounds like the viewers need to put up “The Good Fight” against this!!

• Amen to this. Will not be watching as myself will not pay to watch “free networks”.

• Ann says:

Agreed! I’m actually beginning to like cable’s a la carte pricing as opposed to paying for just the channels you want, because at $10-$15/month per channel (HBO,Netflix, Hulu, CBS, etc.) it’s beginning to cost as much, if not more, than having cable with hundreds of channels.

• modwildtv says:

Right? I don’t understand why anybody thinks it’s a bargain to pay for networks one by one when I get hundreds of them on Dish. Cord cutters my arse. To pick and choose shows, I’d have to pay an exorbitant amount for limited content.

• Gary says:

I agree. I was excited when I saw a teaser ad for the show since I loved The Good Wife. Got to this site when I searched to find when the show would start. I will not be paying for CBS Access to watch. That’s pure greed from. CBS.

3. Chris Falman says:

seriously. this cast. A+

4. Dietrich says:

Without Julianna Margulies, who cares! Also, the title is MEH…
    I guess I’ll just have to get my Margulies fix from her commercials for Chase…

5. El S Boy says:

as titles of spin off goes, we’ve seen a lot worst !

6. Mad Hobbit says:

well along with Star Trek this will be two series I will not watch on CBS all access

7. ZinniQ says:

Just don’t care personally. I didn’t watch the last season, got so bored with it.

8. Robberey says:

Good Fight?
    Weeks ago they said it’s “The Greater Good”, which I would have preferred. Good Fight sounds like boxing.

9. opus says:

TERRIBLE title!!! Come on, people, you can do better than The Good Fight!!! YCHH!!

10. Jared says:

I wish this wasn’t on CBS All Access..

11. DW says:

The last season of TGW was mishandled by the Kings. They couldn’t pay me to watch this new edition.

12. matty says:

I really hate this title. I think a more fitting name would be “The Good Life”.

13. dman6015 says:

Answer: CBS All Access
    Question: What won’t I be watching next year?
    Sorry, but I’m not going to pay $6/mo to get broadcast network TV shows. I really like Star Trek in all incarnations (yes, even Voyager), but not at a premium. I hope CBS falls flat on their face with this one. If they don’t, expect the other networks to do the same next year. Soon, there won’t be free broadcast network shows.

14. HAP says:

Stupid title. Makes me think the show takes place at Ray Donovan’s gym.

15. Christian says:

So why exactly are they doing this show, again? It has always reeked of “BAD IDEA”.

16. Nancy Law says:

So, how do Canadians watch this show? We get CBS but when it goes exclusively to digital, what do we do then. A lot of us get our cable through Rogers or through a telephone company like Bell or Telus. I hope we can get the digital through Netflix because otherwise, what’s the point of watching it on CBS if we’re all done after that with no access to the CBS Digital?

17. miasanmia21 says: