lucifer-201_scn33_mc0046_hires1

Lucifer Snags Full Season 2 Pickup

Fox is giving Lucifer fans a timely Halloween treat: The network has ordered an additional nine episodes of the devilish drama, bring its Season 2 total to 22 episodes (aka a full-season order).

The series, which stars Tom Ellis as Beelzebub, has been a steady Monday performer for Fox, averaging 6.6 million viewers and a 2.0 demo rating in L+7 data.

Lucifer continues to deliver, with great blasts of dark humor and ambitious storytelling,” said Fox entertainment president David Madden. “The show has turned out to be a true wicked pleasure, the perfect companion to Gotham, and we couldn’t be more pleased to order these nine additional episodes.”

1. Donald says:

Great news, Lucifer has been a fun show that makes Mondays a little more bearable.

• Abridged says:

I was under the impression it already had been renewed for full second series,, well its good news, its had the luck of the devil you could say 😈

2. Patrick McNamara says:

Not that surprising considering that half the current lineup is about ready to be scrapped.

3. kate says:

I like this show so much, my concern here, though is that you could kind of see the pacing that they had set out for the show and how they roll out their bigger mythology that I fear we get extras in part of the season which might have been a little slow. Like more Dr. Linda sessions and less Dr. Linda out and about with the rest of the ladies. More issues that could connect to smaller points for Lucifer than to the bigger picture and then we pick up with the consequences for Chloe and Charlotte kind of abruptly.

4. Ben says:

Now if only there is a return to the amount of Chloe/Lucifer interaction like S01 {but somewhat lacking in S02, due somewhat to addition of 2 seeming full season characters. Not saying get rid of them, but show was introduced with the (implied) premise of Chloe/Lucifer interaction}. Still fantastic show otherwise (JMO).

5. Daya says:

Woohoo! I’m already excited for his big confession scene tonight, so this makes the day just a bit better!

6. tara17 says:

Great news! Such a fun show.

7. Lady K says:

This is GREAT news! Really enjoy this show and especially enjoy Tom Ellis….

8. auntiemm says:

Just wonderful. Now if we can get back to more Chloe/Lucifer and Amandiel since we’ve established Charlotte.

9. Billy meacham says:

Nice that fox is actually giving some shows a chance these days. Love this show!!

10. PatriciaLee says:

Wheww! holding the breath, here…a fun show

11. Iris says:

Yay! No sophomore slump for me so far so more episodes = more fun in sight.

12. luv2cook says:

Yes! I am a happy camper over here.

13. BadPenny says:

Please don’t make the whole story about the mother. The show has lost a lot of its humor and sensual charm because of this mother story.

14. BM says:

Yes! Looking forward to a whole season of Lucifer, makes me think positively about a S3. And I’m fine with the little Chloe/Lucifer interaction, I wouldn’t mind if they continued into that direction.

15. Lala says:

This is incredible news…Love Lucifer, hopefully the show does not drop any further. Now fingers crossed for Pitch and B99

16. Joey Padron says:

Great and happy news! Made my Monday and day. Thank you Fox! Excited to watch new episode tonight. The show is great!

17. jericho says:

Such good news. Lucifer is one of only 2 Fox shows deserve to continue being on their air.

18. Magali says:

Great news, I absolutly love this show. Now I Just hope Fox saves Pitch!

19. Anne says:

Oh wonderful! It’s quickly become one of my must-watch shows

20. grys03 says:

What great news.
    & the most telling thing for me is how consistent the message from reading the comments.
    More Lucifer/Chloe. There was a sense of sensual tension in S1 that is definitely being downplayed in S2 so far. Definitely more of Lucifers ability to elicit truth (ain’t that a switch for he ‘Devil’) & more of Luci losing it. & most definitely more of Maze action instead of simply voicing.

21. CaptMediocre says:

An extra nine episodes are nice.

Now hopefully we can get through this horrid mom/family scabble storyline before the first nine episodes are done.

If I didn’t know better I’d say that they “Sleepy Hollow’ed” Lucifer.

22. cjinsd says:

Yippee..love this show!!!

23. DarkDefender says:

Yay!

24. Susan says:

Awesome show and awesome news!! Now we need a renewal for season 3!!!

25. Kieron says:

Great show. Reminds me of Angel.
    Hope it gets a season 3!

26. mickrussom says:

Its so bad and addictive. Cop procedural, stupid rules always re-written, cheesy plastic corny characters yet somehow I keep watching this. They could have made this so much better by dropping the “stupid stuff”. But watchable. Cheesy corny plastic kitsch and watchable. Guh.

27. Chris says:

Great! This show has been a favorite from the first episode. It is well writte; not so predictable and the characters are well defined and interesting, not just props for Lucifer.

28. Brian Simmons says:

Lucifer is one best programs on TV. I hope season 3 will be picked up! Mean while I look forward to the 8 more shows added to season 2. Please make Lucifer a long running show!