Exclusive
Making History Renewed Cancelled Episode Order Cut

Making History Episode Order Cut at Fox

Fox won’t be making as much Making History as it originally thought.

The network has cut the midseason comedy’s episode order from 13 to nine, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Executive-produced by Last Man on Earth EPs Phil Lord and Chris Miller, the potential series centers on three friends who find a way to travel through time in search of truth, justice, and riches, which complicates their lives in 2016. They visit some of the greatest moments of the past as they try to resolve their personal problems, while history and pop culture comically collide. Adam Pally (Happy Endings) and Leighton Meester (Gossip Girl) star.

RELATED Making History Casts Two Presidents

We’re hearing that the decision to trim the comedy’s order is based on the network’s scheduling needs: Given new and returning series, only nine installments of Making History are needed to fill out the spring slate.

Earlier this week, ABC cut the episode order for its struggling drama Notorious from 13 to 10.

1. Matt C. says:

I really hope this series succeeds. I love Leighton Meester and I want her back on my TV…and not just for 9 episodes!

• J.Norman says:

Doubtful it will succeed.

Despite the official reason of “scheduling needs” if they cut a series episodes before it airs, you can bet they think it is gawd awful.

2. jc says:

I really liked the trailer for this show, hope it does well when it airs!

3. Jennifer says:

I hope that this doesn’t indicate how bad it is (regardless of what the network says). I was really looking forward to this.

4. Joey Padron says:

Hope the show does well when it premieres next year. Can’t wait to see the show!

5. dman6015 says:

An unfunny, rehashed Drunk History. Epic failure.

6. Eric says:

Aw man. This show looked good, has a great cast, Lord and Miller are the best, and Sean Clements (one of the writers) is one of the funniest guys. I had big hopes, hope this isn’t a bad sign.

7. Gena says:

Dang. :( I was actually more psyched for this than ‘Zorn’ when I first heard about and saw the trailers for both shows…

8. Ron says:

And yet ANOTHER in a long line of examples that fate is telling the world Happy Endings absolutely NEEDS to be revived!!!

9. Brian says:

‘The Mick’ with Kaitlin Olsen looks much funnier than this one.

10. jj. says:

this is unfortunate to hear, I’ve been looking forward to this show and hope it does well when it premieres

11. Kevin K says:

Series is about to “be history”. No pun intended.

12. fola says:

Hope it does well regardless of the cut. Still can’t wait to finally see it!

13. Jeff says:

I was really excited when I first became aware of this show, moreso when I saw the trailer(s), and again as I watched the first episode. I really enjoy the way that historical people, places, and other things are paired with 21st century counterparts, and the funny spin emphasising this mismatch.

Hope very much this show comes back next season. Its wonderfully and refreshingly different from other shows, and very capable of inciting laughter in me.

FOX keep this around! Its great!