Will & Grace Revival

Will & Grace Revival Eyed at NBC

Well, whaddya know: Will & Grace‘s recent web-based reunion has stirred interest in a full-fledged revival.

TVLine has learned that NBC is in preliminary talks with the sitcom’s six principal players — series creators David Kohan and Max Mutchnick, and stars Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes — about doing a limited-run of original episodes. It’s not clear when the episodes would air and how many there would be.

An NBC spokesperson declined to comment for this story.

Late last month, the show’s Emmy-winning quartet reprised their roles for a 10-minute, present-day, election-themed video set inside the title characters’ iconic apartment. The project was spearheaded by Kohan and Mutchnick and without the involvement of NBC.

The YouTube-based mini-episode received a rapturous reception from fans, many of whom were eager for more.

“The response has been very overwhelming and really, really heartwarming,” Messing told People.com at the time. McCormack, meanwhile, was upbeat about the possibility of a larger-scale continuation, telling the site, “We’d all be interested to get that call, I think.”

What do you think? Are you hopeful that there’s more W&G coming our way? Weigh in below!

1. Jon says:

Make this happen. NOW! Followed by SCRUBS. NOW!!

2. It was ahead of their time. And now they are on their prime time.

3. Jennifer says:

OMG!!!!! YES YES YES YES please. I LOVED THIS SHOW. This is one revival / reboot i will SO get behind!!!! Please let the gods make this happen!

4. Guy says:

That little clip was phase one of the test for public interest, and this is phase two. NBC, if you’re reading: I’m down. Give it the green light.

5. Nick Choo says:

YES! Please let this happen!

6. Sam says:

Please let this come to fruituition!! I just lit up reading this.

7. Lauren says:

Their clip made me realize how much I miss those characters and how relevant they are. I generally anti-reboot but I am all on board for this!

8. Eric7740 says:

YES! YES! YES!!! If not NBC, come on NETFLIX!!!

9. Romi says:

I loved how they ended the series and I would love to see more.

• Tim Weeden says:

I loved how they ended the series also and the thing that nobody seems to take into account is that this new limited series version of the show would completely alter the show’s timeline. During the series finale we learned that Will and Grace had not spoken to each other in almost 20 years. Their friendship had ended after their last spat and they had grown out of each other’s lives and only became reacquainted by chance when their children moved in across the hall from each other in a college dorm (which was the same way they originally met). A continuation of the show with new episodes effectively makes that series finale null and void.

• QueenB says:

I like to pretend that series finale never happened. No one wants to believe Will and Grace didn’t speak for twenty years

• KAD says:

AGREED! I’ve always been a HUGE fan of the show, and still catch it on LOGO. But I was NOT a fan of that series finale. But regardless, I don’t know why the writers couldn’t work around the way it ended. Like after 20 years apart and finally finding each other again – they would totally be inseparable again.

10. JLN says:

Please bring it back and spare us the from the shows that are classified as “comedies” today. W & G was warm and funny and dealt with idues we still have today and would be a big relief. I think you would be surprised at the number of viewers who would be glad to have it back if you can get the original cast.

11. Rita Avalo says:

Great idea to bring back Will and Grace loved the show would definitely watch😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

12. Rob says:

After the horrendous finale, they owe it to their fans to give us what we want, which is a proper ending to this remarkable series. #MakeWill&GraceBuenoAgain

• Melissa says:

Exactly! The election video they did was perfect, but all I could think about while I watched was that according to that horrendous finale, Will & Grace aren’t even speaking to each other in 2016. They need to revive the show and pretend that awful finale never happened.

• Avery says:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought the finale sucked. :) Personally, I thought the series went off the rails in 2 big ways…

1. Grace getting married? Fine. Will getting married? Fine. However, they never should have written the storyline where W & G tried to have a kid together, in the first place. Considering their strong friendship, that was never going to end well.

2. After the original creators left, all off the characters seemed to be dumbed down considerably, which I found insulting as a viewer.

• Sarah says:

You’re definitely not the only one who hated the series finale! I saw it by accident at a friend’s house one night a few years ago, and by the time I realized what I was seeing, it was too late to stop. I was furious and disappointed with the way it ended, and I haven’t watched the finale since (although I have watched Jack and Karen’s “Unforgettable” duet on YouTube a few times.)

13. Jerry G says:

I’ve often thought that maybe the British way of doing small runs of series is better, at least in the terms of long-running, veteran series. For example, after a nice run of 6-8 full, 22-episode years (when most series start to run out of good ideas, anyway), they should convert to smaller, 6-10 episode seasons, or even seasons every other year or so. If shows like “Cheers” or “Seinfeld” went ‘small’ before they burnt out, they’d have run forever.

14. edward_YYJ says:

Okay, I really have to wonder how there can be any trepidation about this! Of course the answer is: YES! YES! YES!

MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

15. andrew hass says:

I’m not surprised by this news that NBC is considering doing this and i think a Will & Grace revival will happen eventually.However i think the earliest they’ll do it is next Spring

16. wehoscott says:

If memory serves me correctly, the final episode had Will & Grace having a falling out and not speaking to each other for years… until their kids grew up, coincidentally met each other, and fell in love, bringing Will & Grace back together. Ok, I know this isn’t Star Trek or Star Wars… I’m willing to overlook it :D

17. Polly says:

OH. GOD. YES.

18. Diggory says:

But that would make no sense with the way the series ended

19. Eva says:

‘member berries strike again!

20. N says:

I’d love it

21. Ian says:

PLEASSE!!!!

22. Avery says:

I love this idea BUT is this going to be an alternate reality where Will & Grace’s spouses don’t exist (or their kids) and they still live together? I’d actually be completely ok with that but how could they pull that off?

23. Elizabeth says:

Please pleeease let this happen!!!!!

24. Gary Fissinger says:

About time something funny will be aired. One of the BEST!

25. jj. says:

my jaw dropped when I saw this headline… PLEASE let this come to fruition!

26. Tom says:

The last season was all dream ALA Dallas. We open with Karen in the hospital having overdosed on vitamin C. (or something healthy) and she can tell the group about her horrible dream!

27. Collette says:

Not if Megan Mullally is in it. Love the other three.

28. Alison says:

As much as I enjoyed the web revival clip, it doesn’t fit into the timeline of the show’s finale. They skipped ahead many years and showed they had not been speaking for a long time and their kids did not know each other. A revival set in our calendar year, although tempting does not make sense. Also, in the web clip Stan is alive? Enjoy the clip as a stand alone, but don’t actually change the show’s history to match it.

29. Joan Sullivan says:

Hmmmm……I’d love for this to be true, but with NBC not commenting I don’t want to get my hopes up!!

30. Scott says:

HELL YES!!!!! NOW!!!!

31. jr. says:

Love more Will & Grace!

32. Phillip says:

MAKE. THIS. HAPPEN!!!

33. chris ragonese says:

W&G was so ground breaking at it’s time. I’d LOVE to see where there are now. I’d love it even more if Will were back together with James Hanson (played by Taye Diggs) or Vince D’Angelo (played by Bobby Cannevale). More to the point, i would watch ever episode!

34. Walkie says:

Network TV continues to show that it’s completely out of ideas.

35. Chris says:

I figured surely they wouldn’t go through the trouble of rebuilding the entire set without something coming from it.

36. Dan says:

I would LOVE to see Will and Grace back on the air in original episodes!!! Make it happen!!

37. SM says:

I literally watch all the seasons on DVD at least once a year. This show was SO great and is still one of my favorites. I say all the time I wish it would come back just because I miss their political and pop culture commentary. It was so good and so funny. I am 100% for a limited series return.

38. Spence says:

Real talk: where can i watch old seasons of this glorious comedy online?

39. Alanna M St. Laurent says:

One of my favorite shows ever would love to see these characters get back together again. Comedy was superb.

40. dave says:

They need a sequel to Jack’s Choir episode where he faced off with Matt Damon but this time Affleck needs to best his bestie. The show had such big stars do cameos .

41. Please, please not just me, but I believe half the world (lol) would love Will & Grace back on, in a current format – I could watch it 24/7………..

42. Cherie Babk says:

Oh please, yes. What fun. We would all love it!!

43. Charlene Gattuso says:

I would be over the moon!!!!

44. Carla Taylor says:

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this show!!!

45. An absolutely wonderful idea!

46. Judith says:

YES!!! OLEASE MORE WILL AND GRACE!!!! MISS THE SHOW SO MUCH!!!

47. Ohhhh could get us an entire season of NBC’s must see tv Thursday night line up? Just one and I could die happy! Friends, Will and Grace, er…ohhh ……

48. OH, PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN. ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS, EVER!