That's So Raven Sequel Series Set at Disney Channel, as Raven-Symoné Exits The View — Get Details

Oh snap!

Disney Channel announced on Thursday that it has commissioned a sequel series to That’s So Raven, the 2003-07 sitcom starring Raven-Symoné.The actress, who since 2014 has served as a co-host on The View, will thus depart the New York-based talk show to reprise her role on the forthcoming spinoff, which is set to film in Los Angeles.

Per our sister site Deadline, Raven Baxter will now be a divorced mother of two pre-teen kids (a son and daughter), one of whom has inherited her psychic abilities. The pilot will be written by Scott Thomas and Jed Eilnoff, who currently serve as EPs on Disney Channel’s Best Friends Whenever. Casting is currently underway.

“Raven’s brilliant style of fearless comedy was a driving force for Disney Channel’s success around the world. Her performance in That’s So Raven is timeless,” said Adam Bonnett, Disney Channel’s EVP Original Programming, said in a statement. “We now have our eyes on the future with her, and we’re looking forward to telling more stories for a new generation with an adult Raven Baxter raising her young family.”

The order for a That’s So Raven spinoff comes as Disney mulls the future of Boy Meets World sequel series, Girl Meets World, which has not yet been renewed for a fourth season. It follows the short-lived Raven spinoff Cory in the House, which aired from 2007-2008.

Are you psyched for a That’s So Raven spinoff? Watch the big announcement below:

1. Kay says:

Oh man I’m so excited about this! Though I’m a little confused about the timeline. It will only have been 10 years (although the fact that it’s been that long seems crazy)- in that time she’s now the single mother of TWO pre-teens?

2. Kevin K says:

Happy about Raven-Symone leaving The View even though people think she’s the worst if not one of the worst co-host(s) ever.

3. What’s funny is I remember the show, especially her brother and her two best friends, but for the life of me, I don’t remember her being psychic. LOL Weird.

4. Fan says:

REVIEW GIRL MEETS WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the Raven fans.

5. Ian says:

Yaas! My mind is blown! Raven’s been controversial of late, but everyone loved the hell out of that show.
    Let’s just hope it can be as great as it was. Would love to see Raven’s old co-stars back as well. To my understanding, they’re all still close.
    And yes, cancel the hell out of GMW.

• Fan says:

Just don’t watch GMW if you don’t like it! No need to wish cancellation for those of us who do. Hope something YOU enjoy gets cancelled tomorrow!

• Amber says:

Orlando Brown is currently on ALL of the drugs and going around talking about having sex with Raven in graphic detail. I don’t see him being asked back.

• claire says:

Girl Meets World is terrible. Heavy handed preachy garbage. Nothing like Boy Meets World.

6. Greg says:

She is barely on th the view anyways. And getting a show isn’t a real reason to leave the view, as Candice manages to do both.

Glad to see her go, she really didn’t add anything to the panel except spouting off non sense pretending to be so young and evolved

• TV Gord says:

Candice’s situation is different, being on Netflix, and she was gone for months to do each of the two seasons.

I’m sorry to see her leave The View. She was a little out there, but that’s a view, too!

7. iHeart says:

oh I didn’t know she was leaving the view, are any of her old co-stars going to appear too? and I’ve only seen less than a handful of TSR episodes, did she ever have a boyfriend on the series?

• She went out on dates, but she did have a couple of serious relationships towards later in the series. She went out with Eddie for a brief period but her most serious relationship was with Devon Carter from season two onwards. I think He was referred to as ‘bucktooth carter’, including by Raven. He went through the typical high school experience, being a nerd with braces and acne in one school year and then magically improving during the summer before the next school year.

8. Did Disney offer her the show to get her off The View?

• Kathy says:

IMHO, I think that Disney gave her this show to get her off The View. A lot of The View fans did not like Raven. The fans have wanted her off for a long time. Glad that she will get her own show but not surprised by Disney. The View is struggling with co-hosts. Candace can be unlikeable with her views. At least Raven knew what she was talking about.

9. Chris says:

Do we really need a sequel series to “That’s So Raven!”! ENOUGH WITH THESE TV SEQUELS/REBOOTS ALREADY!!!!!!!

10. webly3 says:

This is dumb and unnecessary, but That’s So Raven was my favorite show for a long time as a kid… so I’m very excited.

11. Chris says:

BTW, Raven is too young to have preteen kids! If she did, then she would’ve been a pregnant teen during the original show’s run!

12. AngelWasHere says:

Um….no thanks. Loved the show back then, but it’s been too long and I haven’t been a fan of hers in recent years. She has said a lot of dumb stuff on The View that I can’t ignore. Even so it seems unnecessary. Plus she looks too young to be a divorced mom.

13. Bob says:

Girl Meets World 4th season would be by far better than this

14. westwingwolf says:

I think Disney should pair a 4th season of GMW with this show for next year.

15. jr. says:

Congratulations to Raven! IMO she never really fit on The View. But I believe she is a fine and funny actress!

16. Claire says:

I want another season of GMW to air with this!

17. David Finucane says:

Now we need a sequel series to Wzards of Waverly Place.

18. Luli says:

Best news i’ve heard all week!! This sounds so exciting, I used to love the show and still know the theme song by hard (in spanish). I hope they can at least bring Chelsea back! And it woulnd’t be bad if Cory and her parents came back too.

Is Devon her ex husband?? or maybe a new guy we’ve never met?

19. claire says:

Looks like Best Friends Whenever is cancelled and dead.

20. emily B says:

YAY IM AUDITIONING FOR IT!!!! I CAN’T WAIT!!!!

21. Janet Nabity says:

How about Disney showing Raven as a married mother of two? I think it would be better to show her as a good example, someone to emulate and aspire to be. There are too many fatherless children in our society today.

22. Rachel says:

I just need to know who asked for a That’s so Raven sequel. I mean really?

23. Leah hines says: