Jim Gaffigan Fargo Cast Season 3

Jim Gaffigan Joins Fargo Season 3

Time for Jim Gaffigan to buy one of those hats with the ear flaps, because he’s heading to Fargo. The actor and stand-up comedian will be part of the FX series’ upcoming third season, TVLine has learned.

Gaffigan will play police deputy Donny Mashman, who works with Chief Gloria Burgle (The Leftovers‘ Carrie Coon) at the Eden Valley PD.

Season 3 of Fargo (premiering in Spring 2017) focuses on a pair of lookalike brothers, both played by Ewan McGregor. The older of the two, Emmit, is a good-looking, self-assured real estate magnate known as the Parking Lot King of Minnesota. His younger sibling, Ray, is a flabby parole officer who blames Emmit for his sorry state of affairs.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead (BrainDead) and Scoot McNairy (Halt and Catch Fire) will co-star.

In August, Gaffigan announced that he and his wife, Jeannie, decided not to continue with his eponymous TV Land comedy series past Season 2. “We realize this may surprise some and we don’t make this decision lightly. It is hard to say goodbye to this highly personal passion project, which we have nurtured and poured our hearts into for over five years,” he posted on social media at the time. “However the time commitment to make the quality of show we wanted was taking us away from our most important project, our five children.”

In addition to his own series, Gaffigan’s TV credits include My BoysBob’s BurgersEdLaw & Order and Portlandia.

1. Joey Padron says:

Good news Jim will be in the show! Looking forward to see him act in a drama series. He’s a good actor.

2. sunshine says:

Both seasons of Fargo have been memorable TV so I anticipate the new one with eagerness even if I’ve never heard of this guy nor his comedy show before.

3. dman6015 says:

I haven’t watched the first two seasons. I figured nothing could improve on the movie. People tell me I’m wrong. I like Gaffigan, so perhaps I’ll check out Season 3.

• Molly says:

You should watch the first two seasons first…one of the best shows on tv!

• PatriciaLee says:

Both seasons were like jewels, different but both finely crafted. I loved the film, too, and refused to watch but caught some scenes by my Sherlock-hobbit actor, and was hooked. I ended up getting the season from the library, and watched this year’s live. I realized, just like Sherlock Holmes, these characters are strong enough to take endless adaptations. I’ve seen the young sherlock, the funny ones, the mystery ones, the action ones, the TV ones, and others, loving them all. Fargo stads the test of variety and time. I just don’t want you to miss out.

• The series is not a sequel or prequel. It is a stand alone gem. Each season is related to the other loosely but and a minor, but important, connection to the movie. The spirit of the movie and the setting are the inspiration. If you are a Coen Brothers movie fan then you must watch. Great tributes to all of their movies sprinkled throughout very subtly and with great care. The Brothers themselves are executive producers of this series and great fans. It is a master class in acting, writing and directing. A serious Gaffigan will fit this well.

4. schunjo says:

What took ’em so long to get Jim on-board? He is the proto-type of the pale and pasty midwestener! Plus, he’s talented as heck. Great move.

5. Marie says:

More excellent casting from the creators of “Fargo.” Can’t wait!

6. TV Gord says:

I wonder if he knew this was happening when he decided to end his TV Land show.

I’m very excited to have Jim Gaffigan in the Fargo universe! I hope he has some Hot Pockets to slip into his winter gloves! (That was for Jim…he loves when fans bring up Hot Pockets!)

7. Joey says:

Love, Love, Love Fargo!!! Cannot wait for season 3, it’s really the only show I watch on television regularly besides The Middle.

8. Gabriela says:

Ewan McGorgoreous!!!!! Eeeeeee! Can not wait!!!!!

9. GrogNerd says:

the 2 seasons were both outstanding and if asked if the movie was “better” I’d have to sit down and think about that for a while

1st season, everyone was great, but have to say Billy Bob Thornton and Allison Tolman were both incredible. same with Kirsten Dunst, Jeffrey Donovan (who would have thought?), Bokeem Woodbine and Zahn McClarnon in the 2nd.

while we’ll miss Gaffigan’s show, we look forward to seeing him in Fargo.

expectations are very high

10. Vince Portloy says:

I’m confused…is his show wasn’t cancelled, then why is he taking it out on the American viewing audience at large?

11. Kay says:

No desire to ever watch him.