Megyn Kelly Live With Kelly Host

Megyn Kelly to Co-Host Live With Kelly

The morning after the upcoming presidential election, Fox News host Megyn Kelly will try something completely different.

Kelly will co-host Live With Kelly alongside Kelly Ripa on Wednesday, Nov. 9, TVLine has learned.

The episode will be the Kelly File host’s first time emceeing the chatfest. Their guests will include Naomi Watts and Michael Ealy (Secrets and Lies); country singer Cam will perform.

The journalist made headlines Monday when she told former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich to work on his “anger issues” after a heated exchange regarding presidential candidate Donald Trump, whom Kelly questioned might be a “sexual predator.”

Kelly also hosted the first Republican presidential debate in August 2015, an exchange from which led Trump to comment that she had “blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.” He later clarified that “wherever” referred to her nose. The pair sat down as part of Kelly’s primetime interview special in May, which garnered less-than-stellar numbers for Fox’s broadcast network.

Kelly also recently got into an on-air/online scuffle with fellow Fox host Sean Hannity regarding the contentious election, but the pair quickly appeared to have buried the hatchet. “We’re Irish. It’s complicated,” both tweeted at the time.

Since Michael Strahan’s dramatic departure from Live in May, Ripa has had several guest co-hosts, including CNN’s Anderson Cooper and former NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon.

1. iHeart says:

Live with Megyn and Kelly? I could have a little fun saying that, but I probably won’t watch. Does this mean she’s leaving FOX News?

• canadian17 says:

It’s just for one episode.

• iHeart says:

is it though? it doesn’t really state that in the article

• Dysturbed says:

Since it doesn’t say something like she “starts” to co host, it’s probably safe to say that it is just intended to be a one day thing. That doesn’t mean that she won’t end up being one of the people under consideration.

• canadian17 says:

“The morning after the upcoming presidential election”
          “The episode will be the Kelly File host’s first time emceeing the chatfest”

She’s just another in a series of cohosts until they find a replacement. It’s not permanent.

• Jeremy says:

I don’t see her as a morning chat show personality and I think it would be beneath her unless it had a strong news element like the Today Show. I’m sure she is testing the waters of going more mainstream. Fox News may not be in her long-term future since white conservative viewers appear to be turning on her for holding Trump surrogates accountable for their candidate.

2. Luis Roman says:

Do you suppose she’ll blink out Morse code messages, like “HELP ME,” or “SEAN HANNITY’S A TURD?”

3. SJ says:

Sellout. I hope she’s off Fox News for good then. And to think I used to like her.

4. Collette says:

I guess witches are at loose ends after Halloween. B****es in stereo?

5. Pat McCrotch says:

She’s not going to bring that show any additional ratings, so not sure of the point. She’s a closeted liberal who engages in heated arguments herself, but never accepts her part in any of them. Always the victim…

• Dysturbed says:

The point is simply to be co host for a day, just like many others have done.

• Ron says:

Megyn Kelly is hardly a liberal–closeted or not. I’ll give you she might be a “closeted” centrist, at best, but being (rightfully) critical of Trump and his surrogates most certainly does NOT make her a liberal.

• Mary says:

You didn’t know, everyone who speaks negatively about Trump is a liberal. It couldn’t possibly be that some have the intelligence to see through his smoke and mirrors campaign and realize he is not Presidential material.

6. Ron says:

Amazing how the Fox News puppet-viewers will turn on their own in a heartbeat the moment they dare be somewhat objective and criticize their own party when need be. I guess “fair and balanced” was just an empty slogan this whole time with no intent of actually being fair and balanced….not that I needed proof that that was the case.

7. C C says:

They will hate you on that show too

8. Belle says:

Ugh, I am sick of Kelly and Megyn…both seem pretty diva-ish over the past couple years. I only watch Live when there is a co-host I like these days.

9. Blazer300 says:

I hope she falls right on her face to where Howard Stern won’t even have her on his show again
    Well maybe as a rat packer she is a beautiful woman until she opens her mouth
    I did see her on Howard’s show and it sure didn’t bother her to talk about how big her tits are or how big her husband ‘s doohickey isn’t …..She is making fox news look like msnbc and cnn

• Debra says:

She thinks she is so above it all. She can go on Stern’s show make comments like that! But tears Trump and anyone who support’s him apart. If that isn’t DOUBLE STANDARD I don’t know what is. I use to like Megan Kelly, but she has gotten so full of herself it’s disgusting. I can’t even watch Ripa let alone watching the two together. Not sure who head is bigger. And as far as ego’s go they most likely will be at each other’s throats when the show end’s. I wonder who’s ‘ I LOVE ME WALL IS BIGGER’

• Mary says:

Oh do you mean by giving both sides of the argument and not just the Right side a.. loving like Hannity? Yes I could see how that would upset people who can’t be objective.

10. Nero tTVFiddler says:

She’s represented by CAA, and it appears her Fox contract is up next July… she wants somewhere in the $20m/year range. She makes around $15m/yr now.
    `
    I read an interview conducted with Rupert Murdoch – it sounded (reading between the lines) that there are limitations to how much money they/Fox can give Ms. Kelly. If someone (CNN?) out bids FOX, so be it, and she’ll leave. As Murdoch said, they have others waiting in the wings who would be very happy to have their chance at their own show.
    `
    At that price range, where can Ms. Kelly really go? CNN? I doubt it … they have their own problems, why add to them? Today and GMA are the only place that have the audience size and revenue generation to provide that level of salary… but each show already has a full staff under contract. No need for Ms. Kelly. And would she want those 4am daily wake-up calls and long three hour daily programs out in the winter cold and summer heat?
    `
    My guess… she will take some time off when her contract is up next July to think things over, and perhaps join a Sirus XM type subscription satellite program, where she gets company stock and profit participation. Hopefully she’s saving her money now to get through the more challenging times that may lie ahead for her career next year.

11. peterwdawson says:

Well depending on the election results might need to feel out other avenues…

12. Betty says:

I’ll watch just to see her fall on her ass. She no match, prior host were a breath of fresh air. This chick is a chicken head…

13. Fairytale says:

Fact is that Megyn Kelly would NOT say Bill Clinton is a sexual predator. And what about Megyn’s 2nd marriage though she calls herself a devout Catholic? And what about the risque photos she had taken for GQ magazine and others? Such photos epitomize objectification of women as sex objects. Her photos encourage machismo objectification. I even found one of her barely covered in a black negligee. A Playboy audition perhaps?

14. Nancy B. Brandle says:

Really, Megyn Kelly. You must be desperate. That’s an insult to Kelly Ripa. Whatever happened to Fred Savage.

And, this has gone on way too long. It’s getting a little boring.
    When will you announce the co host name?