Gilmore Girls Revival Trailer Photos

Gilmore Girls Trailer: Sad Lorelai, Rory's Guys, Emily's Jeans and 30-ish Other Things (The Pig?) We Need to Discuss

11 am ET Tuesday: Netflix releases the first Gilmore Girls revival trailer.

11:01 am Tuesday: Our level of Gilmore excitement/curiosity reaches insane new heights. (Exhibit A: That pig, guys! What is up with that pig?)

And because we know you’re just as obsessed as we are about the upcoming series continuation — which will be released on Friday, Nov. 25., at 12:01 am PT — we thought we’d get your quick take on a bunch of moments from the two-minute promo. These include (in no real order):

* Might some of Lorelai’s ennui be because she no longer appears to own any fabulous wrap dresses?

* Emily is wearing jeans?!

* That shot of the dancers at Miss Patty’s: We die.

* No, seriously: Why is there a pig on the loose in town?

* Does the fact that Jess is the only one of Rory’s guys seen interacting with her mean anything?

* That’s Chilton snuck in there at the end, right?

* Edward’s funeral is going to end all of us, and we should probably prepare now.

* (Yet that giant portrait of him is hilarious.)

* If this shot sets up a Luke-Emily showdown, we are so there.

But enough with our thoughts — we want to hear yours. So click through the gallery above and to the right, then hit the comments: What Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life visuals/lines made you warmer than a cup of Luke’s coffee/madder than Taylor at a town meeting/more confused than Mrs. Lane perusing Tinder?

1. sarah t says:

Seriously, just teared up a bit watching this. CAN. NOT. WAIT. Looks great. Love, love, love! The one good thing to come from November (and possibly 2016 as a whole). ;)

• Vivian Chung says:

I thought was the only one who tear up! Can’t wait, and secretly hope that Rory doesn’t end up with Logan…

• cordelia says:

and I (not so) secretly hope she will…
        I guess we already have to assume that not all the fans will be happy whatever the choice will be in the end

• Jennifer says:

I’m with you. #TeamJess all the way (although, unlike another poster I DO NOT want/need to see them “together.” Leave it to the imagination.

Of all Rory’s boyfriends, Jess is the only one who grew up. Logan was a spoiled brat and Dean, he was to wishy-washy.

• msjaxon says:

Logan did grow up. After losing that business deal and having to rebuild he changed. Which is why he proposed. As far as Dean, we have no idea what happened to him. Jess is the lesser of evils but I don’t see why she has to be with any of them.

• sportylady says:

Logan didn’t stand up for Rory against his family and was fine with letting her stay as a DAR luncheon host for life…he didn’t challenge her or make her a better person. Marry him and Rory ends up a trophy wife with no personality.

• Jennifer says:

^^^ This. So this. Jess is the one who convinced Rory to go back to school. He pushed her. He challenged her. Logan was a trust fund baby who ran away when things got tough. Dean was always too … i don’t even know. He was a good first boyfriend, but he cheated on his wife. (yes, it takes two to tango, and Rory was dead wrong about that too). While I would love for Rory to end up with Jess, I’m happy with her being with someone new, or no one at all.

• Frank says:

Seeing the giant portrait of Richard made this grown man weep like a baby.

• JosiahBartlet4President says:

It’s going to be so bittersweet without him! I wish the original GG had explored Richard and Emily’s love story a little bit more.

2. Maria says:

Did I see Carole King in the town meeting? Didnt know she was back!

3. cb says:

Is that Paris also at Chilton?

4. cathms says:

I only have one question: Where is Christopher?!?!

• Anlgsp says:

That is one question the answer to which no one is interested in.

• Gern Blanston says:

Hopefully locked up in one of those CIA black site prisons never to be heard from again. I usually don’t get too worked up over characters, but Christopher is just the worst. Whenever I am watching a program or movie and David Sutcliffe shows up I immediately lose interest and have to turn it off.

5. Gern Blanston says:

Yes, it means that he is the only interesting one with a decent sense of humor.

6. LaDonna says:

And I’ll ask again…WHY is Kirk at Friday night dinner?! LOL!!!!!

7. Emily says:

*Why is Kirk at Friday night dinner?

8. Laurie says:

Oh when Emily does something she goes BIG. Her grief will take many turns (some funny, and some heartbreaking). Glad to see Luke taking care of his ‘girls.’ I just have to know why Kirk is at FND. Warm and fuzzies abound with just these 2 and a half minutes. I will be dead after the 6 hrs.

9. Thays says:

I just hope they don’t break Lorelai and Luke up.

10. SK says:

This trailer… bring me joy. OH SO MUCH JOY! (I don’t like the dining room chairs either, you go Emily!)

11. Eliane says:

So much JOY!!!!!! Happy to see Rory and Jess together but what I really wanna see is they both having sex!!!!!! Everything looks perfect.

12. Juke says:

Wait… Sutton Foster and Christian Borle used to be married. Why are those two doing anything (let alone dancing as pilgrims) in the same show?

• Jala Hyacinth says:

Thank you! I’m glad that I’m not the only one who a) knew this and b) had this exact thought

• Keats says:

They still support each other careers and remain friends, I think it was mutual break up and they had been friends for a while, so it isn’t too weird I guess. Love both of them and their careers, so I will not complain at all about them being together. Knew she was going to be on her but didn’t know about him, very excited.

13. Leslie says:

Edward Gilmore?????

14. Jala Hyacinth says:

*Richard’s funeral? It would be a bit odd if they went to Edward’s funeral to film….

15. Ashley says:

The “Happy Emily” pic looks like it could be a wedding aisle…??

16. Katie says:

Couldn’t the shot also be of Logan pulling up to the diner?

17. John036 says:

Can someone please find out the name of the first song in the trailer?

18. Courtney says:

The trailer looks absolutely fantastic. I loved the scene with Lorelai, Rory and Luke in the kitchen such a cute little family. Why is Lorelei in the middle of nature? Does she and Luke go camping? Why is Kirk at Friday night dinner? So many questions

19. There’s more than one Chilton shot. I think we see Rory there, and then later, Paris.

Still though, Kirk, Friday Night Dinner. I can’t even.

20. Marcie says:

Emily in a Candie’s t-shirt!

21. A3rynSun76 says:

tears of joy… no words… lots of words… Luke-Lorelai kiss :) All is well.

22. Kelly says:

Never was team Jess and never will be.

23. Sasha says:

I’m fully team Jess however over the past 8 years with Luke and Lorelai together they could have started to be come friends.

I felt that vibe in the trailer, like she was just asking advise from a friend. I could be wrong though.

• sportylady says:

Which is great. When he kept his daughter from her and she couldn’t confide in him it became clear that they didn’t trust each other and what is a relationship without trust? Luke’s also too set in his ways for Lorelei. She’s full of life, he’s happy not changing.

• Jennifer says:

I may be in the minority here, but I HATE Luke & Lorelei. I agree with Emily. He’s not good enough for her. He was the one who got pi$$ed about Christopher and trusting and what does he do? Hides April (WORST plot twist EVER) and then forces Lorelei to break it off (I was so there when she said “You have to figure out how she fits into our lives, not the other way around.”

Don’t get me wrong, i don’t think Christopher is right for her either, She may be better alone – She’s a strong woman who knows her mind.

24. LKE says:

Dean is also in the trailer. Not just Jess.

25. Kelli P says:

Honestly it’s kind of hilarious. Before the trailer hit, I was just so excited to have it back and just trying to resign myself NOT to have my hopes up about Rory and Jess. Well THAT TRAILER SET MY SOUL ON FIRE AND RUINED THAT PLAN!!! Rory and Jess are one of my first ever OTPs and the fact that there’s even a CHANCE they could end up together I am ALL IN. I type in caps when I am excited, apologies. And yes, I also noted that Jess is the only of Rory’s former bfs that she interacted with, or that even SPOKE for that matter. The rest were part of the townspeople montage. Either way I’m pumped.

26. Baker Girl says:

So, Alexis Bledel looks pregnant… in two pictures… one where she and Lorelai are walking during the summer photo and two… when she’s “clearly” at Chilton……………
    Also, soooooo what’s with the plaid for Lorelai… and seriously, is Lorelai “really” camping?… WOW! Emily in a T-shirt and “ripped” jeans… that’s, what, the equiv. of someone wearing a really skimpy nighty with no underclothes on to the grocery store. Seriously, I know she’s in morning and has gone a bit… coocoo for coocoo puffs and all, but I just.. well, WOW!!!!
    Oh, and that is totally Kevin Porter and Demi (no, I can’t spell his last name) from the Gilmore Guys podcast… sitting at a table on their phones at the Dragonfly Inn.

• Sarah Grace says:

Alexis gave birth like two months before filming started. I personally don’t think she looks preggers in either pic you mentioned, but to each their own.

27. David Hambly says:

could rory possibly be working as a teacher at chilton? straight A students always end up being teachers.except for paris.

28. Stacy says:

I would really love it if Rory ended up with Logan. Hes the one that is perfect for her. I hope Luke and Loralie stay together. Maybe Loralie sadness is her figuring out she wants another baby.

• Jennifer says:

Hi. I would love to know why you think Logan is perfect for Rory. I like insights into others … I’m very much on #TeamJess. Logan was too much of a trust fund baby who never grew up. Over the course of the show, Jess grew and grew up. He pushed Rory to get back on track. Logan just encouraged her to stay where she was.

Again, just curious as to your thoughts.

Thanks