Gilmore Girls Revival: The Official Trailer Is Finally Here — Watch

My fellow Gilmore Girls acolytes, we finally have some actual footage!

Netflix on Tuesday dropped the first trailer for Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, the streaming giant’s anticipated revival of the classic WB/CW series, so stop everything and push PLAY above. (Spoiler Alert: It. Is. Incredible.)

Among the key, spoilery takeaways (as outlined in our shot-by-shot gallery):

* Kirk crashes Emily’s Friday Night Dinner
* Lorelai is seeing a shrink (played by Broadway sensation Kerry Butler)
* To cope with Richard’s loss, Emily commissioned an XL portrait of him for her living room (much to Lorelai and Rory’s horror)
* Tori Spelling gets a shout-out
* There’s a baby pig loose in Stars Hollow
* Sookie is indeed back — and wreaking havoc in the Dragonfly Inn’s kitchen

Series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and exec producer Daniel Palladino wrote and directed all four 90-minute episodes, each of which represents a different season over the course of one calendar year (as such, the episodes will be titled “Winter,” Spring,” Summer” and “Fall”). Sherman-Palladino has billed the installments as “movie-lets” as opposed to traditional episodes of television — a description leading lady Lauren Graham backs up.

“Each one has a fairly big journey and are pretty distinct from each other,” she explains, singling out “Fall” — aka the revival’s quasi finale — as the installment that packs the most profound narrative punch. “‘Fall’ has the biggest events,” she shares. “It’s the culmination of the journey, so there are a lot of moments. And a lot of soul-searching and resolution. ‘Fall’ is very emotional.’”

“Fall” also boasts those hotly anticipated final four words, and Graham warns fans to expect the unexpected. “I was surprised,” she confesses, before adding with a laugh. “I thought they would be, like, ‘Goodbye, Stars Hollow.’” Any other words we can safely rule out? Deadpans Graham: “‘I’m actually a vampire.’ End. Scene.”

The four-part Gilmore revival will be released on Friday, Nov. 25 at 12:01 am PT on Netflix.

After watching the trailer above, click on the gallery to view our 36-slide shot-by-shot breakdown. And then hit the comments and share your favorite moment.

1. abz says:

I’M SO FREAKIN’ EXCITED!!!! Loved seeing that small clip of Sookie.

2. nom_sBOOKS says:

That trailer looks incredible. It really does feel like they found their footing with the characters again!! I just hope Luke and Lorelai get an ending they deserve and that we will learn some stuff from the past eight years!

3. Amy says:

Oh my gosh….it looks soooo good! I can’t wait! Why is Kirk at Friday Night Dinner????

4. Wilga10 says:

That just made my day – I’m so excited!

5. Brigid says:

This looks great! My mom would have loved seeing this, however she passed away in 2015. I will watch this for her and enjoy every second of it.

• misery chick says:

Oh Brigid, I’m so very sorry for your loss. My sweet mom will have been gone five years at the end of this December. I truly believe your mom will be watching it WITH you, just as my mom watched the end of “Mike and Molly” with me (not nearly as good of a show, but my mom and I LOVED Peggy, and Melissa McCarthy is in both!)

Hugs 💕

• So sorry for your loss, but she will love that you get to see it…. just enjoy the little things!

• Jeremywooferman says:

I’m so sorry.

6. NK says:

Finally! So happy to see some new footage… we’re only a month away folks!

7. Emily is in JEANS! All of it is wonderful, but Emily Gilmore is wearing jeans and a t-shirt!

8. Sarah Whittle says:

The trailer made me laugh and tear up already, I love seeing all the familiar faces back

9. Whatevah8 says:

I can’t wait for this!

10. Jennifer says:

So. Many. Feels. I have tears. I cannot wait. Holy cow! This looks so fabulous!!!

Why was it cancelled again? And can we PLEASE get more than 4?!?!?!?

11. LaDonna says:

That made me SMILE so much! But WHY is Kirk at Friday Night Dinner at Emily’s? Oh, this just has me dying for November 25th! Can’t come fast enough!

12. Dannie C says:

Nope I’m not crying just got something in my eye.. Screw it I’m grinning like an idiot & got tears in my eyes. Pure perfection <33

13. Courtney says:

Already tearing up. Amazing, amazing. And Jess and Rory sharing a scene!!!

14. TJ says:

Well if my fellow cubicle mates didn’t think I was insane already, hearing me LOLing and tearing up over the course of 2.5 minutes isn’t going to help things.

The trailer just made me more and more excited for this! It’s going to be a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend :)

15. I won’t lie, I got a little teary seeing the girls and the town and everything so wonderfully familiar after nine and a half years. I seriously cannot wait for this.

16. Kirk at Friday Night Dinner is my favorite scene. Nothing will top that!

17. Amanda says:

It’s perfect, it’s better than perfect.

18. Naseem Ghaffari says:

goosebumps! looks fantastic and indicative of life’s journey.

19. Ginger says:

That was more beautiful and amazing than I could ever hope for. A wonderful blend of emotions!

And Kirk at Friday night dinner?!

20. jessica says:

slide 20 of the Trailer Photos gallery says “Emily is perplexed by Kurt”.

fix this!!

21. Em says:

THIS HAS MADE ME SO HAPPY.

22. Josie says:

Did anyone else notice how Jess and Rory are in the “Stars Hollow Publishing House”??? If Rory is living a vagabond lifestyle, does this mean Jess lives/works in Stars Hollow?!

• Hso says:

It’s “Stars Hollow” something something, “Publishing Since…”. I think based on the old computers (and the old man), these are the offices of the Stars Hollow Gazette.

23. Steven says:

It looks like hipsters have taken over the Dragonfly! Can’t wait!

24. dougbug says:

The Gilmore Guys made it in the trailer!

25. Rae says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the trailer!!!!!! Second best day ever…best day will be Nov 25!!!!!!!

26. Danielle says:

The Gilmore Guys are at the Inn!

27. Winter says:

Serious question: How many times is too many times to watch this trailer?

Asking for a friend.

28. Jess Ford says:

so many tears. so many questions.

– Are the ballerinas the now teen girls from the little girl class Miss Patsy was teaching!?!?
    – Rory at Chilton to see Paris as the now Head of Chilton? Or just a reunion?
    – Jess going to work on giving Rory a path? Does he own his own publishing house now?
    – Why does Logan STILL look so good!?
    – Why for the love of everything is Kurt at Friday night dinner and can we possibly get a full standalone movie JUST for this dinner?
    – Are Dean and Rory only going to have a casual meeting at Doose’s? (since he said he only worked one day on set right?)
    – Is Emily selling the house and moving to the beach to be more relaxed and come to terms with Richard?
    – Can I get through any scene involving Richard without using an entire box of kleenex?
    – Has anyone discovered a time machine so November 25th gets here faster?
    – Has Netflix worked on their issues so there is no chance of it going down at 12:02am?

#halp

• Brad says:

It won’t be on Netflix tip 3:01 am est

• lkh says:

Another question: why are Lorelei and Rory carrying coffee cups from Al’s?
      Can’t see any of the guys ring fingers–no clue there.

• lkh says:

does Al even have coffee? ugh

• Sarah Grace says:

Lorelai also has what looks like a takeout bag from Al’s, and when we see them with Luke, arguing about tater tots, the cups are there, Rory’s eating tacos. Lorelai and Rory both have the same coats as the external shot with them carrying the Al’s cups and Lorelai has a bit of hat hair.
        My theory? They got Al’s for dinner, and Luke surprised them with a meal already in preparation when they got home.

• lkh says:

and:
        …what kind(theme) of cake is Sookie icing?
        …how long does a pig live? remember when Lorelei got Paul Anka, there was a little pig that passed out
        …and is Lorelei getting ‘woodsy’? really?

29. Babybop says:

Was fine with it until it obviously appears that she wants to break up Luke and Lorelai AGAIN. Honestly, I don’t think I can even watch the revival if they don’t end up married.

30. icmreis says:

WOW! It brought tears to my eyes! Didn’t see that coming!

31. Brian says:

Today is going to be a good day. That was fantastic.

32. Jennifer says:

Was Alexis Bledel pregnant when filming this?

33. Jay says:

This brings me JOY!!!

34. Mia says:

THE FEELS

35. MMD says:

I can hardly wait – just one month from today! Loved seeing all the characters and Kirk at Friday night dinner – WTH? and Emily in jeans. Wow has she evolved! Loved the picture of their house where all the greenery and flowers practically cover the entire porch.

Hope the final 4 words which are said together by Rory and Lorelai are “Guess what, I’m pregnant”. Truly, truly hoping.

• MMD says:

Oh I forgot the portrait of Richard. I’m so going to miss him and it made me cry. Every time I watch the final scene he is in, I start to cry, knowing that’s it.

• Katie says:

I thought that too, originally, but, honestly, would’t Lorelai be a little old for that now? She was 32 when the series premiered (She was 16 when she had Rory, and Rory was 16 in the first season), then the show ran for 7 years making her 39, and it’s been almost ten years since the series ended, making her 48. I mean, I guess it wouldn’t be too crazy, it just seems odd.

36. David H says:

If the debut of Luke Cage broke Netflix, this is going to obliterate it.

37. macy says:

OMG! I must be crazy…I cried like when I saw the last episode 8 years ago 😂😂😂😭😭😭😭😭😭 Cant’ wait!

38. Sara says:

CANNOT WAIT!!!! Dean sighting….Hubba Hubba!!

39. Diggory says:

They are hiding Dean’s and Logan’s left hands. I say they are married

40. kel says:

Squee!!!!!!

41. Alyssa says:

Amazing amazing amazing

42. Austin Book says:

I did not expect to be so excited after that trailer, but I can’t stop smiling. This is so great.

43. Todd Everett says:

Last four words are obviously “Will you marry me?” or something on that order.

• april-ann says:

The words are said by Lorelai to Luke, and I recall all those years ago that they are words that were not previously spoken. She has already said to Luke : “Will you marry me?”. And although she said, for the first and only time, in “Partings” : “I love you Luke”, I believe those are the words. That was the last episode Amy wrote and, to her knowledge at the time, the last she would ever write, and she got those four words out.

44. RJR says:

I’m going to lose it if Emily brings up that she was “supposed to go first”

45. BrianR says:

Damn I miss that show. A nice place without gruesome murders every week, but just a pleasant peaceful funny show.

46. Dev says:

Chills chills chills! So crazy how Alexis’s voice is deep again, like it was in the beginning of the series. Love seeing all these faces again. Cannot. WAIT.

47. Jill says:

This made me incredibly happy.

48. yayyyyy says: