Whose Line Is It Anyway Renewed Season 5 The CW

Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Two Other Summer Series Renewed at The CW

The points don’t matter, but this surely does: Whose Line Is It Anyway? will be back for a fifth season.

The improv comedy series was renewed along with two other series, The CW announced Tuesday.

The magic-themed Penn & Teller: Fool Us and Masters of Illusion also scored fourth seasons.

All three series will return as part of the network’s summer slate; premiere dates and times will be announced at a later date.

Got thoughts on the CW renewals? Sound off in the comments!

1. They better bring back Irish Drinking Songs and the Hoedowns

2. Brian says:

I’m pleasantly surprised about the Penn and Teller renewal. Towards the end of this season they were airing new episodes on Wednesdays and Fridays which seemed like burn off leading to a cancellation.

3. Philip says:

Will the remaining episodes of the current season still air or are they going to film new episodes?

4. Drew says:

Has CW made a call on Significant Other, with Nathaniel Buzolic and Krisa Allen? It was silly but prfect for the summer.

5. Chris says:

Is The CW going to cancel the “Mad TV” revival, since there was no renewal announcement on that show?

6. Carol C says:

Great news ~ I LOVE Whose Line!

7. Jason says:

I kind of hope Alyson Hanigan doesn’t return to Fool Us,next season.Her opening remarks and small talk with the magicians is pretty painful.It might not be her fault.She might just be going with what was written for her.If that’s the case,then they need better writers.If she comes up with it,herself,then get someone with better improv skills.
    Either way,glad Fool Us will be back.It’s a great Summer series.

• Christopher says:

I agree. I love Alyson Hannigan (I’m a huge Buffy fan and I basically gave HIMYM a shot because she and Jason Segel were on it) but the British guy was a much better host. Alyson doesn’t feel natural up there at all and the joke writing was terrible last year. I think the jokes written for Jonathan were pretty bad too, but he was much better at improvisation when he had the opportunity to go off the cuff with the magicians and Penn & Teller. I really hope that Hannigan gets another scripted show so that they can get a host that is better at the ad-lib.

8. peterwdawson says:

Glad to see Whose Line is sticking around. While even seasons later the star guest gimmick leading to some games being played so often they blend together (I mean Helping Hands is great but when it’s every second episode…) is still annoying the revival’s been great in general. Aisha’s started to fit in better, we’ve had a more established rotating guest cast, they seem to be leaving pretty much anything in, granted with some censoring…

• David says:

Agree, I’m enjoying the show, my only real complaint is with the continued use of celebrity guests. I don’t mind them, necessarily, in and of themselves, but it’s lead to two really disappointing trends which are a lack of audience participation and limited variety in the game choices. And I mean, there are still plenty of games left that they could play with the celebs like 3 Headed Broadway Star or even something like Two Line Vocabulary, but they just keeping going back to Helping Hands, Living Scenery, Duet/Song Styles, and Dubbing. It’s getting old, CW!

• peterwdawson says:

Yeah, you’re not wrong. At least when the celebs want to have fun (random examples off the top of my head, Kat Graham and Chris Jericho were game) those segments are fine enough.

9. Nev says:

This is the best show on TV. I never miss one.