Exclusive
Chicago Fire Video

Chicago Fire Sneak Peek: Can Casey Solve Dawson's Foster-Kid Troubles?

It’s the phone call that Chicago Fire‘s Dawson has dreaded: The Department of Children and Family Services is going to take away her foster child… and Casey may be the one to blame for the loss.

“Some reporter’s been digging around, asking how I got approved so quickly, implying that you pulled strings,” an emotional Dawson explains to her boyfriend in this exclusive video from Tuesday’s episode (NBC, 10/9c).  To “avoid an appearance of impropriety,” DCFS plans to place Louie with another family, whom they’ve already started vetting.

It seems that when Casey dodged the blackmailing alderman’s calls, he made a bad situation worse. Dawson responds by threatening to “bring some hell down on DCFS,” but her beau warns, “You’re not going to solve anything by going to war with a government agency.”

“Politics got us into this mess; only politics can get us out,” the firefighter continues. “Gabby, I’ll fix this. I promise.”

And just how does he plan to do that? This teaser from the official description offers up a troubling hint: “Casey enlists Susan Weller to help with an urgent personal matter.”

Press PLAY below to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the latest “Dawsey” difficulties.

1. Dave says:

Breaking: NBC buys new spinoff… Chicago Everything: Dawson’s Days
    A new one hour drama that does nothing but focus on every aspect of Dawson’s life.
    Cast- Monica Raymond

2. Rachel says:

I hate that every storyline with Casey, originally my favorite character, has to revolve around Dawson too. I can tell from the comments on every Chicago Fire article that I am not alone.

I’m SO GLAD she’s at least no longer on truck.

3. Chloe says:

Take the kid, please. And send Gabby along with him. I’m tired of the show revolving around her “me, me, me” attitude and her whining. It used to be my favorite of the Chicago shows, but lately, not so much.

4. Rebecca says:

Couldn’t stop watching this can’t wait until Tuesday.

5. Jim says:

Oh good, Gabby’s baby. Everyone’s favorite storyline.

6. Hamida says:

I thought that this comment section was for people talking smart about TV. I guess it’s not. Interesting storyline for Dawson & Casey. It’s great to see them deal with personal stuff. I knew something like this would happen so I can’t wait to see how it plays out.

7. Mel says:

LOL “The show sucks because my fave characters don’t act like how I want! It’s Gabby’s fault! Everything I hate in the show is her fault! All about her… Ew ew ew…” It sounds so childish.

8. Dawn says:

Anyone else wanna see Severide do more arson investigation stuff???

9. Darky says:

The writers pretend not to notice how much Dawson hate is there among the fans but they are trying to mend some things. They’ve brought Gabby back to ambo where she belongs and they’re trying to show her vulnerable side with this foster kid story arc…but the problem is Dawson and vulnerability are two polar opposites. She is bullheaded, pushy, cocky, singlemindedly determined when it comes to her wishes but little vulnerable thing she is not…and with this new drama, she will get even more screen time…and what is worse poor Casey is now permanently glued to her hip. They are practically inseparable – where there’s Casey, there is Dawson and v.v.
    Matt urgently need a storyline of his own, that doesn’t involve the omnipresent Gabby Sue in any way…

10. I’m sick of this show pandering to a vocal minority of die-hard Dawson fans. It’s ruined the show and twisted some great characters into warped shadows of who they were when the show began.