Top Chef is cooking up a battle of old vs. new in Season 14 — and now we know who’s on the “old” side.
Eight returning chefs who came up short on previous seasons of Top Chef are back to compete with eight newcomers in the new season of Bravo’s cooking competition, debuting Dec. 1 at 10/9c. And on Thursday, the network revealed the names of the eight Top Chef alums who are looking for redemption.
The returning chefs are:
* Sam Talbot (Season 2), from Brooklyn, NY
* Casey Thompson (Season 3 and Season 8), from Napa Valley, CA
* Amanda Baumgarten (Season 7), from Chicago
* Brooke Williamson (Season 10), from Seattle
* Sheldon Simeon (Season 10), from Lahaina, HI
* John Tesar (Season 10), from Dallas
* Shirley Chung (Season 11), from Orange County, CA
* Katsuji Tanabe (Season 12), from Los Angeles
Plus, Bravo released a full trailer for the new season — set in Charleston, SC — that promises both fantastic food (host Padma Lakshmi says one meal is the best she’s ever had on the show) and plenty of fireworks between the veterans and newbies.
Who’s your early favorite to take home the title of Top Chef? Check out the list of cheftestants, then hit the comments to make your picks.