Salvation CBS Series

CBS Orders Apocalyptic Asteroid Thriller Salvation From Fringe EP

Quick, everyone take refuge under the dome!

CBS is replenishing its summer coffers, placing a 13-episode straight-to-series order for a serialized drama about an approaching asteroid assault on Earth. Titled Salvation, the project — from Fringe and Sleepy Hollow EP Alex Kurtzman — centers on an MIT grad student and a tech superstar who bring a low-level Pentagon official a staggering discovery: an asteroid is just six months away from colliding with Earth.

The series will launch in Summer 2017 alongside Season 3 of Zoo and the next edition of Big Brother.

Salvation is the type of fast-paced, dramatic ride that viewers look for in a summer event series,” said CBS’ entertainment prez Glenn Geller in a statement. “We’re excited to launch another high concept, highly promotable show with great auspices that adds to our roster of year-round, original scripted programming.”

Extant scribes Liz Kruger and Craig Shapiro penned the pilot script based on a story by Matt Wheeler. Kurtzman will serve as an EP alongside Heather Kadin (Scorpion) and Peter Lenkov (Hawaii Five-0, MacGyver).

1. Christopher Gorham, please. I need him back on TV NOW, people!

2. As long as it bears no resemblance to the movie Armageddon I am in!

• sammyfinbar says:

That’s unavoidable because both feature an asteroid heading to earth. I’m sure this will be completely different but had you read the article you would see that yes, it does bear some resemblance

3. ncmacasl says:

Sounds like BBC/NBC’s “You, Me, & The Apocalypse” from last season

• Dyskord says:

i loved that show. Still miffed they never renewed it.
      I’d have been more interested in the aftermath. I have the bad feeling that this show will rely heavily on posturing and melodrama as we see the best and worst in people (in a cheezy way) throughout the first season.

4. Mark says:

Deep impact anyone

5. jp says:

See no tomorrow – so today’s asteroids blasting into earth are yesterday’s zombies

6. jp says:

I guess the previous entries bear my comment out

7. Steve says:

I know its asking a lot from CBS but I hope this stays an event series, and they don’t try and stretch it out like they did Extant or Under the dome. I want a beginning, Middle and End when the season wraps up, though I cant help but feel a bigger faster Asteroid is coming in season 2

8. Cat says:

Enough already with the doom & gloom programming! What we need is something to entertain us, not plunge us into further darkness

9. Curiouser and curiouser says:

First No tomorrow, now this. Is Hollywood trying to tell us something? Should I be working on my bucket list right now?

10. danoregon says:

So a series, meaning multiple seasons, stretching out six months.
    It could be interesting – I always felt Deep Impact and Armageddon might have been more interesting if they dealt with the societal impacts of what amounts to a global stage 4 cancer diagnosis.
    Impacts on the economy, religion, schools, crime – the basic institution of government.

11. ess gee says:

Someone should change that picture. That looks like the asteroid is headed away from Earth and if by chance it IS supposed to be headed towards earth, it’s WAY too big to be considered an asteroid. That would be classified as a planet. :)

12. Ally Oop says:

Sounds a tad like No Tomorrow. I was hoping No Tomorrow, as a CW show, would prove to be sci-fi and the asteroid Xavier is sure about will inteed be real on the show.

13. Dean says:

Keep it as real as the actual threat. No time for love side stories.