Guilt Cancelled

Guilt Cancelled at Freeform

The verdict is in: Freeform has cancelled the freshman drama Guilt.

The mystery series followed American student Grace (played by The Syndicate‘s Daisy Head), who is suspected of killing her London flatmate Molly Ryan. The cast included Titanic’s Billy Zane, Vinyl‘s Emily Tremaine and Buffy the Vampire Slayer‘s Anthony Head, the real life father of lead star Daisy.

The show wrapped up Season 1 on Aug. 22 with the reveal that Luc murdered Molly, after being blackmailed by her jealous secret ex-lover Roz. When Grace discovered the truth, she took out her anger on Roz, beating her to a bloody pulp.

Will you miss Guilt? Sound off in the comments!

1. Big Cheddar says:

I’ll miss Billy Zane, but that’s about it.

2. Steven says:

Watched the pilot and was bored to tears. I do still miss Recovery Road though.

3. Jerri says:

Didn’t even know this show was on.

4. Collette says:

Freeform has bad taste in casting. There wasn’t a single charismatic actor here. There are a couple of things about Freeform and Hallmark that are chronic problems, music overriding dialogue and poor casting.

5. Kyle says:

I won’t miss it. I was really bored watching the pilot. Au least Stitchers was renewed.

6. sweetrupturedlight says:

Daisy Head’s character, Grace was probably the most annoying character on the show. Can’t say i’m going to miss this show

7. Jared says:

I just don’t get the audience Freeform is trying to reach with the shows they’ve been greenlighting. The new shows have been awful and clearly not enough people are to watching live, on demand or DVR.

8. movietv2016 says:

I’m not trying to be rude but you guys are all wrong.
    Guilt was like one of the best shows. I really liked it and now Freeform CANCELLED it and I am so angry. Okay i have gotta admit it was a bit boring at the start but when you get halfway through it and at the end it was interesting & shocking.
    Also they left it open You can’t just leave us hanging and wondering about what happens next.
    PLEASE let us fans of Guilt start a list of names of who wants Freeform to renew it for a season 2. Because I’m not giving up until this show is renewed.

• Bruna says:

I also would have liked to keep watching it but it was pretty obvious it would was gonna get cancelled…I’m thinking the creators might have seen the writing on the wall pretty early on and rushed to tell a full season worth of storyline in half a season. Kinda wish the writers could get a do-over and do it better.

• brittany gibeau says:

this show cant just end like this. there is so much potential for season 2 especially since it ended season 1 the way they did

• Joe Heise says:

Yes I totally agree! Guilt is one of the best shows on television and deserves to be watched!

• Karina says:

I agree!! I’m so upset they cancelled this show. I watched the whole season non-stop because I was so into it. GUILT is just my kind of cliff-hanger, mystery-show preference. The show was so unique as it took place abroad and viewers got to see things outside American soil. It was also intriguing to see how the story unfolded. I can’t say enough how upset I am that I will never find out what happens next. If this is a book series/trilogy I would love to read it.

• Amber says:

Karina said ” I’m so upset they cancelled this show. I watched the whole season non-stop because I was so into it. GUILT is just my kind of cliff-hanger, mystery-show preference. The show was so unique as it took place abroad and viewers got to see things outside American soil. It was also intriguing to see how the story unfolded. I can’t say enough how upset I am that I will never find out what happens next. If this is a book series/trilogy I would love to read it.
        I hear Freeform/ABC family has cancelled many shows before for the smallest reasons, and the worst shows they keep running! It’s annoying to get into all of it only to find out it’s not going anywhere. I wonder what working as an actor with Freeform must feel like, because as an audience it sucks!” I 110% agree with you completely!!! Ugh so angery. Just found out

• Justina jones says:

I was also a big fan of the show. I’ve been waiting for foe the next season to seat just to find out now that it was cancelled. There’s questions and thoughts that have been unanswered bc of how it ended.

9. Soapstef says:

Never even knew this existed. Promotion for these shows is terrible. I would have watched.

10. Bruna says:

Guilt had tons of potential. I loved the London settling and the initial concept. The cast as a whole as good as well. Unfortunately, the lead actress wasn’t right for the role,IMHO, but she could have grown into it. The biggest problem was the pacing of the show. It’s like the writers had no sense of build-up. The story was told in a break neck pace, making it impossible to get attached to the characters and enjoy the ride.

It didn’t help the reveal that Roz did it was Meh all around. It would have been a lot more poignant to find out it was the girls stepfather.

11. dixiedragon says:

I just started watching and by episode 3 I was hooked THEN decided to see if it had been renewed before investing any more time in it – glad I checked … so I’ll be moving on … such a shame because this story had some real potential – I will NEVER understand how producers come up with who stays and who goes because there are some SERIOUSLY crappy long running series out there and some seriously great series that never even got out of the gate – this is one.

12. Lane says:

13. I actually did like this show, and the other freeform shows that premiered with it(Dead of Summer) But with Freeform in the past few years it seems like the ones people like(Chloe King, Twisted, Etc) They get cancelled. :(

14. Yanely Genovious says:

I liked the show, but I definitely feel it’s better to keep it at one season. I just don’t see it going anywhere interesting after the end of season one. Honestly, what would be next? Grace being convicted of Roz’s death? A reverse of season one? Idk I think it was a wise decision to cancel as much as I enjoyed it.

15. Lohkur gwamzing says:

please I need season 2 cause I do enjoyed the movie

16. Sheila says:

Whats happening looks like all the shows are getting cancelled. Maybe the advertising of the shows should be made better so people know that the shows are coming up and actually watch them.The leaving us hanging and just cancelling is insane… ITS KILLING ME!!

17. Joe Heise says:

Guilt is one of the best shows that was ever on television and definitely deserves to be watched, even if there isn’t a season 2 you must watch the 10 episodes of the series. It’s just it’s just to bad nobody watches and supports these great shows.

18. Sue Jones says:

Omg! Was SOOO looking forward to Season 2..Disappointed!

19. MaKayla says:

I just want to know why they canceled the show guilty that was a very good show now dead of summer that wasn’t a good show so I can see why they did cancel tha. but guilty that was a very good showing a lot of people are mad. so we wanna know why you cancelled it?

20. Titi says:

Please give us a second season!!!

21. Leila says:

It was awesome.Loved the twists and turns and how everyone could have been a potential suspect then it turns out it was Roz all along. The cancellation is sad but let’s face it season 2 would have been repetitive.