Bull Yara Martinez

Bull's Ex Cast With Jane the Virgin Star

Bull‘s ex-wife is… not being played by Cote de Pablo. Rather, another familiar face is filling the role: Jane the Virgin‘s Yara Martinez.

Per TV Insider, Martinez has been cast as Isabella Colon, a hugely successful fashion/health/lifestyle guru who in addition to being Jason’s ex is also, of course, TAC team member Benny’s estranged sister. Izzy reenters Jason and Benny’s world when it is alleged that one of her company’s products caused a customer’s death.

In addition to her run as Jane’s Luisa, Martinez’s TV credits include True Detective, Alpha House, The Lying Game, Hollywood Heights and The Unit.

CBS’ Bull airs Tuesdays at 9/8c; Martinez’s episode will air sometime in December.

Want scoop on Bull, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. darkangel200 says:

Happy they chose someone new to Michael Weatherly’s acting universe. Look forward to it.

2. msstargate says:

I was hoping for Cote. 🙁

• Patrick says:

If she wouldn’t come back for Tony’s last ep on NCIS, she won’t come back for this. Something must have gone down on that set. Not between any particular people, but something.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Ditto, had my fingers crossed! Been hoping for that ever since I first saw pilot, that she was Benny’s sister. Just ask Aus ;)

• Scout says:

And some of her biggest fans think you hate her. Personally mark me down as being happy it’s not Cote. The fandom is too young to introduce that level of crazy.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

It’d be quite the casting coup, though as I have said to Ausiello they surely want Bull to succeed on its own merits for now, before bringing in a ratings-grabber. May sweeps, maybe?

• Andrea says:

Matt, I have to disagree with you here. There’s no way that I think CBS would have gone for that for the very reason that the network likely wants viewers to be thinking about the universe of Bull, not the universe of NCIS. If Cote were to show up now, viewers would likely revert back to thinking of Michael and Cote in terms of Tony and Ziva. Bull’s too young of a show to have that happen. It’s still in the process of building its own identity, and it already airs right after NCIS. If Bull were 3-4 years old and more established, maybe, but now? Such casting would not have been a great idea.

• Arun says:

Totally agree about the network wanting the show to secure it’s footing but my fingers are crossed right along with you. I’d love to see the two of them work together again.

• as524 says:

Completely disagree that it would be a ‘casting coup’ or that having de pablo appear would be a ‘ratings-grabber’. The show and fanbase being built doesn’t need to stunt cast and that is what de pablo would be.

• Lee Saxon says:

If the ex role is going to be, like, a cameo, absolutely. Otherwise, it’d just be too on-the-nose.

3. Terry says:

So glad they hired a great actress to play the part I’m looking forward to meeting her character.

4. Kenbud says:

Callisto was easily the show’s best episode so far. Love the fish-outta-water acting by some of the cast. The show might need to occasionally do this or delve into personal lives OR they actually lose a case. If not, it will be a weekly “they won!” show.

• Patrick says:

You can lose for winning. Assume they “win” the outcome every week. Occasionally it should come out that they got a guilty person off.

• as524 says:

ugh….Callisto was my least favorite ep to date. Really hoping the ep writer (a former NCIS writer) never does another one.

5. MMD says:

Thank goodness! I’m was so sick of the Tiva fandom but I don’t think that even if Cote had been cast it would not have brought me back to the show. They lost me in the 3rd episode. Plus with the way Cote left NCIS/CBS high and dry at the last minute, I doubt they would want her anywhere near their Tuesday NCIS franchise/Bull lineup any time soon. Sorry Matt.

6. as524 says:

so glad it wasn’t de pablo or anyone he worked with at NCIS.

This show deserves the ability to build its fanbase based on MW, Geneva, Freddie, Annabelle and Christopher. It doesn’t need the type of psychotic fans that tend to follow de pablo. It’s bad enough there are some who are insistent on bullying both his friend/trainer/assistant and wife over on twitter all in the pursuit of their fake ship for MW and de pablo.

7. John McCutcheon says:

I was kind of hoping it might be Sasha Alexander.