THE VOICE -- "Battle Rounds" -- Pictured: (l-r) Miley Cyrus, Blake Shelton, Alicia Keys, Adam Levine -- (Photo by: Trae Patton/NBC)

The Voice Renewed for Two Seasons, Gwen Stefani to Return as Coach

NBC on Tuesday announced that it has renewed The Voice for Seasons 12 and 13, ensuring that the reality juggernaut will remain on air through at least 2017.

The Voice - Season 9

The Peacock network also confirmed that newest coach Miley Cyrus will sit out Season 12, with Gwen Stefani returning alongside Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Alicia Keys. Cyrus will resume her coaching duties the following cycle, debuting in Fall 2017.

“We can’t wait to experience the unique chemistry and energy Gwen, Alicia, Blake and Adam will bring to Season 12,” Paul Telegdy, NBC President of Alternative and Reality Group, said in a statement. “With Miley returning for Season 13, we’re truly ecstatic about the unmatched musical know-how and talent coming together in our coming seasons.”

Are you excited for additional seasons of The Voice? Happy that Stefani will be filling in for Cyrus this spring? Sound off below.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Grace says:

I hope season 13 is the last one. Can’t stand Miley, starting to hate this show more than I already did.

2. abz says:

I haven’t had a chance to watch this season and I probably won’t get around to it. I’m so over the endless sob stories, the incredibly annoying Carson Daly, the repetitive song choices, the predictability, the endless spoilers before every commercial break, the judging critiques, etc etc. Plus I miss Christina Aguilera (I know. Not many people like her, but she will probably forever be one of my favorite singers).

All that being said, can anyone recommend any standout Blind Auditions/performances that are worth checking on YouTube? I still enjoy some of the musical performances on the show. Are there any contestants worth checking out?

• Ethel says:

I so agree with everything you said

• SaraPo629 says:

I agree with literally everything you just said. I DVR it and fast forward through about 75% of the show. The sob stories, constant recapping, Carson Daly existing, it’s all too much. I like the blind auditions and SOME of these battle/knockout rounds. I usually jump ship once all that is over, one of the big reasons is the repetitive song choices. There’s rarely anything fresh or new. Such a waste.

• abz says:

Yeah, I bet you at some point someone will sing It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World (ugh I cannot stand that song every damn season), I Put A Spell On You, And I’m Telling You I’m Not Going, Hallelujah, House of the Rising Sun, The Thrill Is Gone, Wrecking Ball, etc. And what’s even more frustrating is when the coaches give these songs to them knowing how much they’ve been done to death on the show.

3. Rose says:

I like Miley. ..she’s fun…would rather watch with Miley as a coach..probably won’t watch without her being on the show….

• The Beach says:

I agree. I didn’t expect to like Miley but she has been delightful and invested. She has introduced an energy that was waning with each season and she has picked some very interesting and often obscure songs instead of the same ol same ol we always get. I think her choices have been far superior to Gwen’s. And FYI, this is not coming from a teenager. I am 70 years old but continue to listen to and enjoy all types of music…yes, even contemporary.

4. LADY_in_MD says:

A lot of people were hating when it was announced Miley would be on this season but I love her and think she is doing a great job as a coach she really cares for her team and is genuinely invested in them
    I do hope when Gwen comes back her and Blake keep the mushy stuff to a minimum

5. What happened to Christina Aguilera, Usher and Pharrell? Were they all not asked back or did some of them quit on their own?

• Rumors (take them for what you want):

Christina Aguilera had some clashes with staffers, and one possible dustup with Adam. She also had a high salary so it’s not surprising she isn’t coming back at the moment.

Usher/Shakira had mixed reviews of their two seasons on the show. They both do a lot of touring and work on other projects. Shakira’s US profile has fallen off a bit recently, so I think it was probably a mutual decision by both parties for them not to continue.

Pharrell: He did 4 seasons, and probably wanted to get back to music. As a lead artist he really only had 1 hit song, so he’s not as visible as a mainstream music star as the show might want. There were also rumors of tension between Adam Levine and Pharrell as well.

6. MAS says:

Very surprised, but I do enjoy Miley. In fact, I like all the coaches this season. They seem to have a different chemistry. It has been a laugh.

7. Brenda Drumm says:

I could do without Gwen, let Miley stay. It will be a term oil between Blake and Gwenn, she already is to jealous of everyone. I just don’t think it will work. My personal opinion. Other then that I LOVE the show in itself.

8. Ethel says:

Would love to see one season with all female coaches

9. Rhonda Guess says:

Glad Miley is leaving for the next season, I have not been watching her this season never missed a season until this season, watched the first couple shows, DO NOT like Miley, It is a shame the producers brought her on Family time Family show….

10. marie baker says:

Stepfani, sucked as a coach. To busy changing way contestants looks. trying to change way they sang, remember her last season as coach , her mini me that majorly back fired. half her team she tired to change them some how. never really could understand how she got to be coach not that many hits.

11. matty says:

I haven’t watched this show in years as none of the contestants ever really became huge singers so it all seems pointless.

12. Peachy says:

Certain people are excited now.

Wait until next season when they find out 13 year olds are competing on “The Voice.”

The 30+ year old contestants don’t have a chance.

The teen contestants will find themselves under pressure and underdeveloped for the show.

The coaches will continue to plug their own CDs and careers.

13. toba7 says:

LOVE Miley! I’m surprised, but I think she’s smart and funny and a great coach.

14. Martha says:

Gwen is nice person but not a good coach at all.she is here as Blake wants her.Christina should avoid this show and make he rowntree music and take care of herself. It’s high time she starts doing her own stuff or ppl will forget her soon.even today her songs along withe Whitney and Maria are most sung in global talent shows.The voice biggest drawback is it has not yet produced a single star. Hope Soon.X factor was not a hot show buthe 5th harmony is such a big name now and thanks to Simon ability to play a crucial roles in making not just winners but careers beyond talent shows.carrie Kelly one direaction leona and 5th harmony are all his aluminium. VOICE needs promote their artists more after show.