Lethal Weapon Pilot Preview

Lethal Weapon Reboot Picked Up for Full(ish) Season at Fox

Fox is pulling the trigger on a full season of Lethal Weapon, ordering five additional episodes of the rookie drama for a grand total of 18 episodes. Although that’s technically four episodes shy of a traditional full season, it’s nonetheless a nice vote of confidence for the small-screen reboot.

Lethal Weapon launched last month to a decent 7.9 million viewers and a 2.2 rating, which was on par with Rosewood‘s year-ago debut. Per Fox, once L+7 data was factored in, the demo rating grew to 3.2. Season to date, it’s averaging 11.5 million L+7 viewers across all platforms, and a 3.0 rating.

Lethal Weapon delivers an explosive and wildly entertaining core relationship between two cops, with dynamic performances by Damon Wayans and Clayne Crawford, surrounded by cinematic action, endearing humor and true heart,” enthused Fox entertainment president David Madden in a statement. “We are thrilled to add these episodes to Lethal Weapon’s first season.”

1. Kate says:

Awesome. I love this show and really wasn’t expecting to

2. wrstlgirl says:

I’ll take all I can get.

3. Car says:

I didn’t expect to, but i really do love this show. Yay on the news!

4. Phun says:

Great news. I’ve been watching since the pilot and like it.

5. Kris says:

Awesome! It’s a great show!

6. KLS says:

There are few new shows that deserve more than their initial 10-13 run this season, but I think this is one of them. Congrats!

7. poodleshark says:

YES! The hubby and I really enjoy this show.

8. Katherine215 says:

Great news! I’m loving the reboot a lot more than expected!

9. shar says:

I love this show. Very entertaining. The chemistry is great between the main characters.

10. Rachel says:

Fantastic news!

11. Larc says:

Very welcome news! I hope they get the other 4 episodes added before the season is over.

• Patrick says:

Given the production costs, methinks this might be all we get this year. Next year, the count might go up, but we’ll see.

12. LADY_in_MD says:

Yay! Really liking the chemistry between Wayans and Crawford

13. Kevin K says:

Hate to wonder if Lethal Weapon gets renewed for a second season. Remember the NO COMPLAINING rule

14. Homey the Clown approves of this decision.

15. Karen says:

That’s what I’m talking about!!!! I was soooo hoping they wouldn’t cancel this entertaining show.

16. kmw says:

At least FOX is getting decent ratings from this I am glad they gave it more episodes

17. Daniel snow says:

It doesn’t need a full season pick up. Unfortunately the show was just OK. Maybe it will have a chance to develop more.

18. El S Boy says:

With 24: Legacy, APB, Bones, Making History, The Mick, Prison Break, Shots Fired and Sleepy Hollow at mid season, not sure they have room for full season of all their show

19. Nancy says:

Love this show. The chemistry between the main characters is wonderful. It fun and light. Every week it makes me feel good.

20. luv2cook says:

Oh YESSSSS! I love this show!!!

21. Rachel says:

Awesome! I watched this show on a whim, because I usually don’t watch procedurals, but really love this one. I’m glad they’re adding to it.

22. E says:

i didn’t think I would like this show as much as I do. This is my favorite new show of the season

23. Charlene Ofstedahl says:

Good news. I started watching because of Clayne but kept watching because it is a fun show.

24. Amanda says:

I’m glad! This show got me on the opening scene of the first episode with the incredible way they showed the back story of Martin. The way the traumatic death of his wife was revealed, and his subsequent fall was great television, and unexpected. I made my husband watch it,(NOT his cup of tea), and even he liked it. I was nervous that Way and would overplay the comedy, but he is great in his role too. Very happy!

25. Anne says:

Yay!! I was surprised with how awesome this show is; but I really love it.

26. Jim J. says:

Another 18-episode full season? Really? I think “Lethal Weapon” should have had 20 episodes.

Similarly, the “full-season” order for “This is Us” over at NBC is only 18 episodes, and its creator already explained the reason that show opted for an order that’s technically abbreviated. Anyone care to explain why “Lethal Weapon” will only have 18 episodes for this season? Is it scheduling reasons (because Fox-TV has “Star” coming up for midseason) or something else?

27. Marci says:

I wish all broadcast series would be cut back to a maximum of 18 episodes. I’m pretty burned out by May, the end of the traditional TV season.

28. Carla Krae says:

My house is happy.

29. jenndeve says:

Great! I’ve been enjoying this one. Now come on Pitch!

30. Seth Norton says:

What has happened to suits

31. Malissa R. says:

Great! I was pleasantly surprised at how good this show is.

32. candice3150 says:

Yay!! I added this show to my DVR on a total whim and now it’s my favorite new show. I really like it & am so happy it got picked up!

33. JenJ says:

Great! As others have said, I wasn’t expecting much from this show much, but I found myself surprisingly liking it. The pilot episode was kind of not making it for me, but being a big Damon Wayons fan, I wanted to see if maybe one more episode would see it get better, and sure enough, it did. It is funny, it is very enjoyable, and the comraderie between the stars is really great, I love it!

34. Good call. It’s a pretty good show.

35. Mark says:

I”m another fan who is very happy with this news.

36. Yes!! I love that show! Clayne Crawford is an absolute delight to watch in action! Hope it goes on for many more seasons! :-D

37. Boone says:

Awesome. Love that show but i hope it gets more serialised stories.

38. Sandy Moschetti Young says:

I’m loving this show.

39. John NYC says:

Murtaugh’s wife and the shrink make the show.

40. ember69 says:

Yes! Very nice reboot, and I’m not usually a fan of those.

41. SherryB says:

I actually like the show! Didn’t think I would since “reboots” seldom are any good and don’t last. But Lethal Weapon IS good, action and comedy and the actors play off each other very well..I have it in the DVR in case I don’t get to see it when it airs, and I watch it when I get home instead of days later…And for me thats saying something positive!!

42. Tarsha Caperton says:

I really love this show and all the cast members.

43. VinnyFree says:

Ok …Hate to be the killjoy in all this love ..but ..what’s so “Lethal” about this Lethal Weapon? The franchise wasn’t just a buddy cop movie ad nauseam. Martin Riggs had a particular set of skills COMBINED with a special set of crazy; Murtaugh was the vet cop with experience and heart and ultimately trying to reign in his new partner. I see NO skillz in this Riggs, and this Murtaugh is …”lite” in VERITAS. Also …gonna say it again …MURTAUGH.CARRYS.A.REVOLVER!

• My guess is that the TV show is set up for an 8:00pm Wednesday night slot. Technically, people still think it’s a family hour slot, but while there’s no legal mandate for it, some networks still try to tone it down for the first hour of prime time. Certainly, they won’t push it like the movies will.

44. Sheila says:

Absolutely love this show! Wasn’t sure how they would be able to remake, but Fox has done a great job!

45. I really didn’t think I was going to like this show…..and i don’t……I love it…!

46. Kelly Jackson says:

Look I want it to come back for season 2 I love this show

47. Margaret says:

I wasnt sure about lethal weapon but watched it &am hooked! really like the actors & the stories which include drama & humor. Tell all my friends to watch it! My favorite new must watch show! Its a keeper!!!