Scream Queens Recap

Scream Queens Recap: Red Wedding

Chad Radwell lept to the top of Dean Munsch’s list of suspects on Tuesday’s Scream Queens — but not for the reason you might think.

Special Agent Denise Hemphill revealed that her ex-lover was held back eight times in elementary school, putting him at the ripe old age of 30 — which is exactly how old the baby whose father was dumped in the swamp would be today. (I’m still not exactly sure how Dean Munsch and Co. deduced that the baby is the killer, but to be honest, I stopped trying to figure this show out a long time ago.)

And because not even a murder accusation could keep Chad from his No. 1 goal in life, he got down on one knee and asked Chanel to marry him — with an “extremely rare whore cut” diamond, no less! Sadly, the unholy union was not to be; on the day of the wedding, Chad was nowhere to be found… until his bloody corpse dropped onto the altar from the room above.

And as much as we’ll all miss Chad, I think we can agree that Chanel No. 5 suffered the greatest loss here — she would have been an incredible doggy ring bearer.

Elsewhere this week…

HEADS WILL ROLL | Are Denise Hemphill’s years of accusing Zayday finally about to pay off? Keke Palmer’s character came face-to-face with the Green Meanie this week, but rather than slash her in the face, he/she simply stared for a moment before disappearing down the hallway. (Cheri Oteri’s character — a patient plagued with chronic orgasms — wasn’t so lucky.) So the question is: Why did the G.M. let Zayday escape?

THE BIG O | Another one of TVLine’s burning Season 2 questions was answered this week in regards to Dr. Cascade’s unusually low body temperature. During an especially erotic encounter with Chanel No. 3 in the morgue, the doctor revealed that he choked on his own vomit at a lacrosse party when he was 18, and he’s been dead ever since. (So I guess we can add necrophilia to this show’s list of storylines. Suddenly, murder’s not looking so bad.)

Your thoughts on Chad’s untimely demise? And since he’s dead — or so it seems — who else could be the killer? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Math says:

I have the feeling one of the killers might be Grace…. She didn’t kill Zayday and that would maybe explain why Hester knows about the killings

• Sammie says:

Oh my! I just hope that this theory is true. I really wanted Grace back! That would be an amazing twist!

• Wow, I had a feeling that it might be her too. They didn’t exactly explain why she disappeared all of a sudden, so it would be totally awesome if we’ll get to see her back in the show. What would be her motives though?

• karls says:

did any of the producers actually said anything about Grace’s disappearance in this Season? I mean, her story is not related with anything that has happened 30 years ago. So, she might not be the killer. obv.

• Gray says:

I hope there will be some truth to this theory. She did turn up on the set of Season 2, so who knows, maybe be the killer(s).

• Jas says:

The actress who played Grace is actually back at Stanford focusing on her studies, so low chance she’s involved.

2. Omg says:

Taylor Lautner is the killer this was made obvious in the first episode

• Ainsley says:

Would you mind explaining how you got to your theory? I still feel like I have no idea! haha

I do, however, think that Kristie Alley is the mother. I think she looks a lot like the actress that plays the mom when she pregnant.

• Ronnie says:

Wasn’t he sitting with everyone at the wedding when Chad dropped in?

3. A. D. says:

Pissed they killed Chad…he was the best character!!

• wrstlgirl says:

Agreed. Not sure I care with no Chad.

• BWine says:

I am right there with you guys. Chad and Denise Hemphill are my favorite characters, and now there is no more Chad and we already get very little Denise so I’m not sure I’ll keep watching. Besides, this season has been a mess anyway.

4. Sammie says:

Oh My! I haven’t watch the episode yet! But wait, Is Chad really dead? Is there a possibility that they faked his death? Oh My! I will miss him in Scream Queens!

5. Eric7740 says:

How do you kill Chad Radwell?!?!? I’m very upset! He was half the show!!! If they’d kill Denise, I’m done!!!

6. motait says:

I assume Grace or her father are the killer(s) since they never explained their whereabouts. I am extreme sad to lose Chad Radwell. He is, or was, one of the best characters on TV!!!

7. Chelsea says:

The girls look beautiful especially during the wedding. Feel bad for number 5 for being the doggy ring bearer. That was funny though.

8. certivieimvu says:

grace, could be the killer.

9. Capricorn says:

It was a great episode! I really had so much fun! Felt sorry for chad though. Scream Queens is life!

10. Tim Weeden says:

I’m operating under the assumption that Kirstie Alley is the killer. She’s obviously the wife of the patient who was dumped in the swamp 30 years ago. If it wasn’t for the fact that we know ZayDay isn’t 30 years old I would have her pegged and the baby the wife was carrying when the husband died. We know its been stated many times that ZayDay was raised by her grandmother so it would be possible that the mother was so upset of the death of her husband that the gave the baby to his mother to raise but then ZayDay isn’t old enough. There has to be some reason the killer looked at her so funny though and then ran away without killing her but the killer is way too tall to be Grace even if there was some sort of logical reason for her to be the killer.

11. katedfw says:

No more Chad???? Now I am sad!!!!

12. Marissa says:

So upset I loved Chad! I am stumped on who the killer is. I thought it was Dr. Holt but Now they are saying its the baby who’s 30…. Idn Dr. Cascade?? But him and Chanel #3 were RIGHT THERE when Dean Munsch was about to unmask him so idn. I’m banking on Nurse Hawful…

13. Lucie says:

OMG! How could they do this to us?!?! Chad was my favorite character!!! He and Munch are the reason why I keep watching this show! He was the funniest character!!! I´m so mad!!

14. Ru says:

I´m so mad right now!! Chad was my favorite character!! He was the funniest! He and Munch were my only reason to watch this show!

15. Chelsea says:

Guys! Let’s keep on watching Scream Queens live! We need a third season! Ratings must improve! Oh my!

16. Jenn Velasco-Cafagna says:

I was bummed about Chad Radwell, but Glen Powell’s IMDb acting credits were few compared to the other cast members. Perhaps he likes spending more time behind the camera, which is a shame since he is really funny.

As for Grace being the Green Meanie, I guess I can see it but I’d like to think it’s more complex than that, or at least I hope so. I’m hanging in there.

17. Andrew says:

This episode was so boring.

However, I did NOT expect them to kill Chad.

Hopefully, next week’s episode is faster in pace.

I missed Kirstie Alley’s character, too.

18. This is my current fav show. It keeps u guessing and spooked out (an’ then there’s the occasional drooling o’er John Stamos and Taylor Lautner! ;-D) I just watched the bloody wedding episode yesterday…..Chad had it comin! :-D

• Amy says:

I totally agree with you! Guys, let’s keep on watching scream queens live. The ratings must improve and I must say I really want a season 3

19. I can’t wrap my head around Taylor Lautner’s character being dead (ghost/zombie?)….but, I guess that’s Scream Queens for ya- an odd, disturbing, yet hilarious show! B-D