Comic-Con
Deborah Ann Woll Marvel's Daredevil

Daredevil's Deborah Ann Woll Joins Cast of Netflix's The Punisher

Daredevil‘s love interest is making her way to another Marvel series on Netflix.

Deborah Ann Woll, who plays Matt Murdock’s love Karen Page on Daredevil, is joining the cast of The Punisher, Netflix announced at New York Comic Con on Saturday. Woll and The Punisher star Jon Bernthal joined the panel for Marvel’s Iron Fist to announce the news — but we will have to wait a while to see them on-screen. The Punisher isn’t expected to debut until 2018, and filming just began last Monday.

Woll greeted the Comic Con crowd and let them know that she’s just as big a fan of Bernthal as they are: “When he walked out here and you all screamed, it was deafening. The love in this room is huge… but you don’t love [Jon] as much as I do.”

But does Karen Page love Frank Castle? Woll and Bernthal’s characters bonded last season on Daredevil, as she was the one who discovered the truth about his murdered family. Plus, Season 2 of Daredevil ended with Karen discovering Matt Murdock’s secret identity… and we don’t know how she’s going to take that news.

In addition to Daredevil, Woll is best known for playing sexy vamp Jessica on HBO’s True Blood. And she’s expected to remain a part of the Daredevil cast when it returns for Season 3. While we wait for that, we have two more Marvel shows on Netflix to enjoy: Iron Fist, debuting March 17, and superhero team-up The Defenders, slated for later next year.

Will Karen fall for Frank Castle on The Punisher? Or should she stick with Matt Murdock? Hit the comments and play Marvel matchmaker.

1. Wordsmith says:

Cool, but hardly surprising. given their interactions in DD season 2, it would be weird to do a Punisher series and not have her involved, assuming it’s still set in New York City.

2. H says:

We watch her on TV every year since 2008/09. So if Daredevil season 3 is not in 2017, what is the point of that year? Thank god for The Punisher!

3. pamela says:

As long as she’s still a series regular on daredevil then I’m fine with this.

4. Jaime says:

I actually came out of the season preferring Frank/Karen to Matt/Karen, so I’m really happy about this.

• Anna says:

It’s interesting that their most fan-beloved scene is them talking about love for other people (Karen for Matt and Frank for his wife). I feel like she and Frank would make for a fantastic team/close friends, but idk if they look at each other that way.

5. MissEllys says:

Do we know if she will be a regular or just a recurring guest star?

6. BlittleU says:

Great news, I thought she had much better chemistry with Jon Bernthal in Daredevil’s second season.

7. gort says:

The Punisher is coming in 2017, Marvel had it announce.

8. Dani says:

Was it really necessary to refer to the character Karen Page not once BUT TWICE as Daredevil’s love interest? No mention of her being an investigative journalist or how she rant their law firm? Nothing? The character is so much more than the heroes potential girlfriend and it’s pretty disrespectful to reduce what her character has gone though and done on the show to simply “a love interest”. Also (this was also gross) you felt the need to describe her as a sexy vamp Jessica…why can’t she just be a vampire? Do you say that about all the actors that we’re on True Blood? I highly doubt it. I expect more from you TVLine.

9. Bigdede says:

I loved her and Frank.

10. Katherine215 says:

Hopefully she’s Punisher’s love interest because I found her incredibly annoying as Daredevil’s. Basically, I find Karen annoying any time she’s on screen so hopefully she’s better on this.

11. Jason says:

Is this meant to be a recurring presence or a full time regular? They’re great together so anything is good in my opinion. A romantic connection doesn’t seem paricularly plausible though. That’s rarely been a part of the Punisher’s journey. He’s sort of the definition of loner.

12. Luli says:

So by the timetable of the shows… is Jessica Jones s2 slated for 2018??? That is sooo sooo far away… Too much time in between seasons.

13. Marisa91 says:

I see your page is similar to my page. Do you
    allow guest posts? I can write excellent articles
    for you. Let me know if you are interested.