Exclusive
Last Ship Peter Weller

The Last Ship Enlists Peter Weller to Recur During Season 4

Peter Weller will help The Last Ship stay the course next summer, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Filmdom’s erstwhile Robocop will recur during Season 4 of the TNT action-drama as Dr. Paul Vellek, a world-renowned authority in genetic modification and plant biotechnology. Vellek’s expertise will play a critical role in the latest mission for the Nathan James and her crew.

Weller’s previous TV credits include Longmire, Sons of Anarchy, Dexter and 24.

The Last Ship was renewed for Season 4 in August, and then barely a month later also got a Season 5 pick-up.

Want more scoop on The Last Ship, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Kevin K says:

Wonder if Peter Weller’s new role on The Last Ship is going to end up as the “bad guy”.

2. Clau says:

I kept watching even though they did kill Rachel.
    I put up with the season being all over. Cara not killing Allison when she had the chance, Which – how could it have been any different? – led to people being killed who didn’t have to die.
    I was so annoyed that Tex wasn’t around. Then he does show up again and they kill him. Seriously??
    And then the shole thing ends with Chandler kissing that woman.
    Sorry, but I don’t like her. She showed up and was like super woman. Involved in everything. Needed all the time. Having all the needed skills. Are you for real? She was totally shoved down our throats.

So really. Don’t know about another season.
    First Rachel. Now Tex. Though I guess we should be thankful to know he’s dead and that we don’t have to wait util next season to find out about his fate.

• Normandy says:

You are a TV Line stereotype, the kind of commenter who would get mad that a TV show called Earth Explodes And Everyone Dies kills off their characters.

• Clau says:

And you are an idiot, thank you very much.
        How does me not liking the fact that Rachel turned out to not have survived that gun shot make me a stereotyp?
        And why does me having missed Tex all through the season only to get him back to see him die make me a stereotyp?
        Do you even know what you’re saying?
        I wasn’t complaining about people dying. If you don’t like that, stay away from tv, the newspaper, the computer. For gods sake kill yourself. Because people are dying left and right in this world.
        The possibility of Rachel dying was big, but that doesn’t mean I have/had to like it.
        And that I didn’t like the way they used the Tex character this season is my right to and actually got logical reasoning.
        So why don’t you take your stereotypical ass and bitch to someone else.

3. Mr. Smith says:

Can’t wait! Did I see Peter Weller listed as a director on The Last Ship this past season?

4. Simon Jester says:

No matter where you go, there you are.

5. Allie says:

This show was one of the worst let-downs ever. After reading the brilliant book the show just sucked. It’s nothing like the book. The actors over-act so badly that it’s like a bad SNL skit. I was excited to see Adam Baldwin show up on this show and even his character is boring. I gave up on it last season.

6. first of all theyy not directly show us tex dead.so may be there is chance to tex is back.and please we need that murder of rachel and his master mackdowel to more suffer death.unlike one shot and go to hell.come on we need more suffer death to villain like viking,Got.last ship as best tv series.please do that