Fall TV Preview
Scorpion Lea Thompson

Scorpion Casts Switched at Birth Star Lea Thompson as Paige's Mother

There’s no time like Thanksgiving for a complicated family reunion.

Switched at Birth‘s Lea Thompson has landed a potentially recurring role on CBS’ Scorpion as Paige’s con artist mother, EW.com reports.

Veronica Dineen comes back into her disapproving daughter’s life during an upcoming Thanksgiving-themed installment after years behind bars. With some dangerous colleagues on her tail after her discovery of a forgotten nuclear reactor, Veronica brings the team a surprising case. She’s also eager to reconnect with Paige and the grandson she’s never met, but has some secrets of her own that she’d like to keep hidden.

Thompson — who is best known for the Back to the Future movies — will appear in at least two November episodes. The actress has already wrapped filming on Switched at Birth‘s final season.

1. Bella says:

I love Lea. I didn’t realize that Paige’s mother had this background. Is this new? Or was it mentioned in prior episodes? Either way, our Scorpion crew sure has some interesting family dynamics. No wonder they cling together.

2. Collette says:

That’s cool. I’m all about Eddie Kaye Thomas but love the whole show.

3. grys03 says:

My enjoyment of this show is directly proportional to the amount of romance angst. Great when there’s a good story & ingenious solution. Poor when it dwells on Toby/Happy & Walter/Paige. Conversely Sylvester/Megan was handled beautifully.
    Love Lea T & hope that she helps Walter/Paige cut through the crap.
    Don’t like how the Tim character has been written & that’s obvious from the comments I’ve read.

• PatriciaLee says:

I find the whole Tim character rather odd, as far as story placement goes. I can’t figure him out. However, the husband, “That guy that is trying to steal Page away? I don’t like him.” sees a different character than I do. Tell me it can’t be that, being he’s a nice guy and all, but not catching my eye. Don’t see it. Maybe the mother will be a smart one, too, and where the kid gets the talent?

• Jess says:

Technically that makes it indirectly or inversely proportional…the higher one thing goes, the lower the other :)

4. JC says:

Oooooh Marty’s mom from Back To The Future! Good casting ….. looking forward to this! Do any of the characters though come from functional families?! Lol

• Did you notice the line Lea said when they were being shot at? “They found me. I don’t know how, but they found me.” That’s the exact same thing that Doc said when the Libyans found him.

5. Will says:

Another log on the fire for the non-romance between Paige and Walter. Lea comes in, sees Paige and Walter together and comments what a wonderful couple they would make, Paige goes into a tailspin with the relationship with Tim and the whole romance thing goes on and on.

The story of Team Scorpion is slowing devolving into the Paige and Walter story being written by a bunch of preteens. Enough with the fake romance triangle. We all know that Paige and Walter will get together at some point and Tim will be out of the picture. Make it sooner rather than later.

6. HAP says:

Lea actually appeared toplining Caroline In the City in more episodes than Switched At Birth.