Flash Season 3 Ratings

Ratings: Flash Steady vs. Finale; VP Debate Draws Half of Clinton/Trump

The CW’s The Flash opened Season 3 on Tuesday with 3.2 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating (per finals), down a tick from its sophomore premiere (3.6 mil/1.4) but on par with its May finale (3.4 mil/1.3). TVLine readers gave it an average grade of “B+.”

No Tomorrow led out of that with 1.5 mil and a 0.5 (and a “B” grade), down from iZombie‘s year-ago rating (1.5 mil/0.7) but on par with Containment‘s post-Flash launch (1.7 mil/0.5).

Coverage of the VP debate amassed 37.1 million total viewers across all broadcast and cable networks, down 27 percent from the 2012 VP face-off and well below half of what this year’s first presidential debate drew.

Elsewhere….

CBS | NCIS (14.4 mil/1.9) dipped 7 and 9 percent.

FOX | Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2.4 mil/1.0) and New Girl (2 mil/1.0) were flat.

ABC | Dancing With the Stars (9.1 mil/1.4) ticked up week-to-week.

NBC | The Voice‘s clip show did 7.9 mil and a 2.0, leading all regular programming in the demo.

1. TheloNaGrapso says:

I think after a couple of seasons some people are getting tired of the Flash. I’m planning to record a bunch of that and Arrow and binge while fast forwarding. Granted I don’t have a Nielsen box so I don’t count but there you have it.

• Leona says:

I’m sick of all the speedsters and the speed force. I’m not a comic book reader, so I find it mind-numbing. I just want to see Flash save the day like in S1.

2. Iakovos says:

I am tired of superheroes across the board. Many of the shows lack the fun and shazam, so focused on the doom and gloom and personal backstories.

The CW has a gem in NO TOMORROW. I hope to God the web nurtures this one.

• Patrick says:

Flash S1 was fun and light. No one who liked that wanted a darker, grittier version. They should look at Buffy. The earlier, lighter seasons, with touches of darkness, were beloved by fans. The darker seasons were widely panned.
      I think a lot of the writers and show runners in Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Comic genres want to write dark, gritty, fare. But lots of fans want the fun and breezy elements. Problem is, the dark and gritty are far easier to write than light and breezy.

• QueenB says:

I disagree. I think it’s far easier to write fun breezy stories. FYI, those fun lighthearted earlier seasons of Buffy were dark. I want The Flash to do both which is what the premiere delivered I loved it plus the audience for the flash isn’t just children and teenagers I think it was down because of the debate

• QueenB says:

Those lighthearted early seasons of Buffy were dark just not as dark as the sixth season I like t.v. that challenges the viewer and allows the characters to evolve and grown if I want fun lighthearted entertainment I’d watch Teen Titans

• QueenB says:

The Flash was down because of the debate

3. JJ says:

Lol. A 1.2 is nothing to be worried.The Flash is still The CW’s top rated show!!! The S3 premiere was incredible!

4. ndixit says:

Even with lower ratings than last year, the Flash is likely the highest rated superhero show of the season unless Supergirl beats it. AOS and Gotham have fallen to 1.0 and 0.9 in this last few weeks. Arrow and LoT are constantly below it. No idea how well Supergirl will do.

• wrstlgirl says:

The Flash is easily my favorite of the lot. Second being Arrow, then Supergirl. I do enjoy LoT and Gotham but wouldn’t cry if they were canceled. I’m really close to canceling Shield myself. Just my 2-cents.

• ndixit says:

Well, I gave up Arrow 2 seasons ago. Supergirl I watch on and off mostly because Benoist is so appealing. LoT is a mess but I enjoy some of the dynamics. AOS I finally gave up after last season after they killed off Ward. Gotham I still watch because it is entertainingly morbid even when it’s a mess.

5. Rick Katze says:

Surprised that many people watched the debate.

6. Josh says:

So I feel they are doing things wrong with whole time travel thing and are contradicting themselves big time. In the first season it made a lot more sense and was simpler. I could go all day with where they went wrong but when ever they plan to cancel the show I would end it with Barry going back in time to save his youngerself from Reverse Flash. Maybe it still might at the very end. By the way things are going Im guessing maybe he will learn his lesson about messing with the time line and maybe realize he needs Reverse Flash. They always hint that they will meet up in the future. Maybe Im wrong but Im waiting for an episode where Barry travels to the future and meets Reverese Flash for the first time and gives him the insentive to come after Barry. But all these multiple trips back to his moms death are getting muddled up. It does not make sense anymore. But for now at the end of the first episode of flashpoint what Id realy like to know is where did Reverse Flash run off too?

7. ScottJ says:

I hated Flashpoint when it was in the comics, and I hate it on the show. At least it looks like its not going to run on for too long.

8. amah lydia says:

I Really Fell In Love With The Flash When I Watched Season 1 And Am Still In Love With It.Everytin Was On Point In The Season 1.But The Season Two Was Messed Up And Even With The Season 3 I Have Now Started Liking The Part 2 At Least We Are All Anxious Of Wat Will Happen.I Wish There Was No Flashpoint,so Many Speedters,earth Zero Earth 19,52 Blah Blah Blah So Many Earth.I Dont Kown Wat The Writers Are Tryin To Do Their Like “Yah We Wrote The Season 1 But We Have No Idea How To Go Abt The Rest Of The Seasons”.Berry Is Always Travellng God They’ve Really Make Him A Good Traveller Am Really Annoyed With Wally Having Powers.Anyway With The Prophecy I Think Wally Will Betray The Team Iris Will Die And Berry Will Surfer A Fate Worst Than Death.But Iris Will Not Die For Long Berry “the Good Traveller” Will Travel Back In Time To Save Her After all Am Stil Watching Becos Of westallen