American Horror Story Renewed

American Horror Story Renewed for (Top-Secret, Duh) Season 7 at FX

Hooray — another year of American Horror Story premise speculation can officially begin!

FX on Tuesday renewed Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s hit horror anthology series for Season 7, although it’s a potential eighth installment that has everyone buzzing. Last week, Murphy told EW.com that he’s plotting a “secret season” of AHS that would air at some point after Season 7.

“I’ve been working with a writer on a season that only he and I know,” Murphy said. “It’s like a two-year project that we’ll continue to work on the sly and not tell anybody. I don’t know when it will [air] but it’s also an experiment. It’s a different way of doing it. It’s one person writing all episodes.”

The Season 7 pickup comes nearly a month into the launch of the series’ Roanoke-themed sixth season. Per FX, the premiere drew a combined linear and non-linear audience of 13 million viewers, making it the franchise’s third biggest bow (behind only the debuts of AHS: Freak Show and AHS: Hotel.)

“Ryan, Brad and their team of remarkable writers have done an amazing job of keeping American Horror Story endlessly inventive, shocking and entertaining and we are honored to move ahead with them on the seventh installment,” said FX prez John Landgraf in a statement. “The sustained success through six installments only proves how intensely the series resonates with fans. AHS confronts our deepest fears with unmatched suspense and style. Each new installment is a cultural event, hotly anticipated for its theme, imagery, cast and twists. We thank the creators and their team, the cast and everyone who has continued to make AHS such an extraordinary series.”

1. Adam says:

Given that it is being done on the side over the course of the two years, I wonder if it is going to be a true anthology series where each episode is different similar to Twilight Zone, perhaps one episode in each of the other seven stories/locations/ensembles that have been told previously as either an epilogue or spinoff.

2. Steven says:

Please make it a summer camp season.

3. kate says:

Super mysterious season 7…funny because three episodes in, I feel like FX in their advertisements aren’t super certain about what the theme is this year (I mean Comcast isn’t, they refuse to name it on my DVR recordings, its just AHS 6, Chapter ?).

• Hoj says:

FX and their advertisements clearly refer to this season as AHS: Roanoke. The reason Comcast doesn’t have any of the info (I have bright house and it just says AHS: 6) was to preserve the theme. remember how TV guide mislabeled the season AHS: The Mist? The names have to be provided ahead of time so that they can be represented in the guide clearly. Since AHS wanted to preserve the mystery, the default name that will be carried
      Out over the course of the season on the guides will be AHS: 6

• jybh says:

I still suspect that there might be a change in theme coming, and that’s why there hasn’t been a theme song yet. “Roanoke” just doesn’t quite seem to fit in comfortably with the other themes, and it’s already been announced that there will be a big twist soon.

4. Brandy says:

Can someone please tell Ryan Murphy personally that fans would love for him to cast Lana Parrilla on his show someday? Please and thank you.

5. Yeahman says:

Double or nothing it’s gonna be a satanic cult.

6. Gabriel says:

I’m a young actor and I want to star in AHS! I want to play a villain like Dandy in Freak Show.

7. kat says:

I’d like a season set in space/the future.

8. Marlena says:

So far I’m diggin this season. It’s more about the suspense, less about the gore. Almost reminds me of Murder House

9. hollymarlon says:

Looking forward to the series

10. BrianR says:

Hope its better than the current one that I have stopped watching becuse it is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

11. C. Caputo says:

We have given this season a fair chace….BORING! I do believe this series is done, they will not be back for season eight!

12. kel h says:

this is great news! so happy to have a fresh and exciting show on tv.

13. I would love to see previous actors from Murphys past shows join the American Horror Story alums such as Dylan Walsh, Julian McMahon, Joely Richardson, John Hensley & Roma Mafia of Nip Tuck Fame, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Mark Salling, Diana Agron, Heather Morris, Naya Rivera & Matthew Morrison of Glee fame, Sterling K. Brown, Nathan Lane, David Schwimmer, Courtney b. Vance & John Travolta from The People Vs OJ, Jamie Lee Curtis,Skylar Samuels, Abigail Breslin & Diego Bonita from Scream Queens, Stanley Tucci, Susan Sarandon, Catherine Zeta Jones or Alfred Molina from Feud and i would love to see favorites Zachary Quinto, James Cromwell & Dylan McDermott return. In a perfect world these talented actors all a part of the Ryan Murphy family will work together on murphys most successful show AHS. Please send this to Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk so they can reach out to these actors and get them on AHS asap