Outlander Season 3

Outlander Season 3: Newcomer Cast as Laoghaire's Daughter Marsali

Outlander has cast another pivotal role ahead of Season 3, tapping British newcomer Lauren Lyle to portray Laoghaire’s (Nell Hudson) high-spirited daughter Marsali, TVLine has learned.

The 18-year-old character, whose importance to the story grows as Diana Gabaldon’s books go on, has a rebellious and romantic mind of her own. She knows what she wants and she goes after it — reputation and propriety be damned.

Lyle’s credits include the UK series Broken, Holby City and Radges.

ordr6cejvq2r6y-algk673ewpw9q6aoqobxorlgx5dmzer9hprrto2bukyjyi3nmhwtvk_kdk6jtsmgienisgtlnjqabjaijowmj6wimqspaxtmwtptjzaz59ydeqojkyqtsdfhoxznfyx7al-qwmhqjzgpdlopsbcy4qd8aviqasllz9za2db0fimhnoeil8hpievwmIn other Outlander casting news, Starz is officially confirming that César Domboy (The Borgias) has been tapped to play the older version of Fergus, the French pickpocket Jamie and Claire took under their wing last season. Born into a brothel, Fergus has grown up into a charming, devilishly handsome man with a strong sense of loyalty and decorum, despite his unconventional upbringing.

Outlander Season 3 — based on Voyager, the third of Diana Gabaldon’s eight books in the Outlander series — picks up right after Claire travels through the stones to return to her life in 1948. Now pregnant, she struggles with the fallout of her sudden reappearance and its effect on her marriage to her first husband, Frank. Meanwhile, in the 18th century, Jamie suffers from the aftermath of his doomed last stand at the historic battle of Culloden, as well as the loss of Claire.

Outlander Season 3 is slated to premiere on Starz in 2017.

1. JenE says:

I was prepared to hate Marsali but she became one of my favorite characters in the books. Like this casting. *spoiler* already picturing her with the new Fergus. Fingers crossed there as they are one of my favorite couples.

2. Winter says:

So they made 18 instead of 15 which I think is good. I do not think modern watchers of the show would have accepted her and her story line as a 15 year old.

• hannah says:

And I’m sick of them pandering to modern sensibilities for fear of pissing off someone . Let her be 15 and let them be uncomfortable .

• Zoe says:

Their pandering to modern sensibilities is rather selective. They have no problem showing a kid being raped on screen, not to mention ultra graphic rape of Jamie, which went on, and on…and on. But they omitted Fergus’s backstory as a child-prostitute and now aged up Marsali.

• Winter says:

Honestly it doesn’t make much difference storywise to make her a few years older, and it means I don’t have to listen to stupid people call Fergus a pedophile so I’m okay with it. I have been driven half insane by stupid people unable to accept how things were in the past because god forbid they open a book.

• Alichat says:

See I feel the opposite. It’s the 1700s. I think people today would completely understand her being married at 15 in that period of time. Especially since Jamie is so against it because of her age. My great grandmother was 16 when she got married and that was the early 1900s. So I don’t understand aging her up.

On another note, she looks exactly as I pictured Marsali.

3. leftword says:

Ugh, I wish they would recast Brianna. Sophie Skelton’s portrayal is just painful to watch.

4. sm says:

Somehow had the false impression that the Outlander series had finished-glad that is not so. Mostly like it-with a few exceptions….looking forward to it!

5. Anna Bolic says:

Marsali is 15, not 18.

6. Angela Shaw says:

I just wanted to say there are nine full novels in the outlander series but the article says eight . I say full because there are a few novelettes well . I was all ready to hate Marsali character at first but I grew to love her .

7. Penny says:

That actress is much prettier than what my mind made her up as. And as far as the 15 & 18 debate, I highly doubt they’re even going to bring up how old she is. She kind of can’t be 18 though with the timeline of when Jamie became involved. (Spoiler alert for the non book readers) But the timeline is kind of specific to when everything happens to when Claire comes back in the fold.

8. Alexis Dash says:

Marsali is suppose to be 15 not 18 in book/season 3. So are they making her 18 in the show to lessen the age different between her and Fergus who is 30. it actually goes with the time period though because it was very common for women to marry in their late teens/ early 20s during the 18th century . only women in the nobility/ aristocracy married very young.

9. Liz says:

Can’t wait for season 3 !!!