Larkin Malloy Dead All My Children

AMC's Larkin Malloy Dead at 62

Larkin Malloy, who held roles on several soap operas including All My Children, has died. He was 62.

Malloy played AMC‘s Travis from 1987 to 1998. Walt Willey, who portrayed his on-screen brother Jack on the ABC soap, posted on Facebook Thursday that Malloy had died of complications from a recent heart attack.

Willey wrote:

Larkin Malloy welcomed me like a brother when I joined the cast in 1987. We worked together, did appearances together, partied together, vacationed together. He was an “actor’s actor,” spending many years teaching the craft, and a gentleman in the Old World style. We spent many hours together, both on set and off, and truly were “Irish brothers from another mother.” Tommy, you will be missed. Love you, brother.

Larkin also appeared on the daytime dramas LovingThe Edge of NightGuiding Light and As the World Turns and in a Season 13 episode of Law and Order.

His death comes one day after that of Agnes Nixon, the creator of All My Children and One Life to Live.

1. Jennifer Daly says:

So sad. The Travis/Jackson/Erica triangle was one of my favorite storylines written by the great Agnes Nixon.

2. I admit, to me he will always be Sky on Edge of Night. RIP.

3. kmw says:

So sad I loved him on Guiding Light and All my Children. Rest in peace

4. Wendy Rabon says:

All My Children was a part of my families supper routine!!! I morn the lost of All My Children and now our supper family!!!

5. Ricardo says:

Wow, Larkin was a wonderful actor. May he rest in peace. Larkin was only 62 years old.

6. Tami Tomsa says:

Larkin, you will be missed so very much. I absolutely adored you. I am heartbroken and in shock. My thoughts to your family.

7. Susan says:

I followed him from show to show. He was wonderful. Way too soon.

8. Nancy says:

This is sad. He was too young. I very much enjoyed his story on AMC. He was part of good afternoon TV. I miss Agnes Nixon’s story telling and Travis Montgomery!

9. Jo says:

RIP, Larkin. Loved him on AMC.

10. Julia says:

So sad. I loved him as Sky on The Edge of Night, as Travis on All My Children and as Kyle on The Guiding Light. He was a wonderful actor and seemed to have chemistry with any other actor they paired him with in a scene (a rare and enviable skill).

11. Mary says:

Sad time for us AMC Fans, RIP.

12. LISA B says:

How tragic! So young. Amazing actor. He will be missed.

13. Judiwb says:

Condolences to his family. I watched him as Travis Montgomery on AMC. Great actor. RIP!!

14. naneki says:

I loved Raven & Sky, on EON. Had such a HUGE crush on Larkin when I was a young teen. Then followed him to AMC & GL. He always had wonderful leading women. Fantastic actor. Great to look at and listen to as well. Still so young.

15. Emme says:

Larkin Malloy will always be Schulyer Whitney to me. I know he played Travis on AMC for longer but I first saw him as Sky, so he’ll always be Sky for me. Going to miss him.

16. The Skyler Whitney/Raven story line on EDGE OF NIGHT was great.
    RIP Larkin.

17. BJ says:

I moss all of those soaps. Now today we are stick with junk TV, a lot o reality and talk shows. I wish that they could bring back the old soaps.

18. Cecelia Scovell says:

I’m so hurt to know that Larkin Malloy passed away too soon. I was his biggest fan while he play Kyle on Guiding Light. I actually named my son after his character. He will be greatly missed. My deepest sympathy to his family.

19. Lorraine says:

Wow I’m also sorry remember him from edge of night and all my children rip

20. I grew up watching daytime shows with my mom during summer vacations and watching after I had children of my own. So many wonderful characters and all gone now. I was sad to read of the passing of Larkin Malloy and somehow hearing about Agnes Nixon makes it even more poignant. Those wonderful programs replaced by reality TV and game shows. So sad that a medium that paid for so much in revenue for networks has been tossed aside the way it has. The Guiding Light, As the World Turns, All My Children, all gone forever but not forgotten.

21. Judy says:

IMHO, I believe cancelling a show that remained popular (even after) 40 years on the air was a disastrous mistake and I (like many other AMC fans) have refused the replacing program “The Chew”. It had nothing to do with the fine actors on the new show. “Travis” was a long-term mainstay even after his “move” to Washington. Most fans never gave up he might return with another co-mingled story line. Larkin Malloy was an excellent actor which helped him become a “regular” so quickly accepted by AMC fans. He was much too young to pass away at only 62 years old. He shared his acting gift by providing fans entertainment – I am sure he is entertaining in the realm to where he has passed. He will be missed.

22. alexa says:

Sorry to hear this very sad news. Condolences to his family and friends

23. maria says:

RIP TRAVIS GOD BLESS

24. so sorry for your lost .i remember him on the soap opera

25. andrew hass says:

My condolences to Larkin Malloy’s family and Daytime has lost another legend.

26. AHW says:

I’m so sad to hear this news. Larkin was still so young. I enjoyed his work since childhood, starting with our favorite all-time soap, The Edge of Night. His work with Walt Willey and Susan Lucci on the All My Children triangle was marvelous. I also followed Malloy on Guiding Light and ATWT, not to mention his work on an episode of one of my all-time favorite series, Law and Order. It’s been a tough week for AMC fans.

27. Connie Smith says:

Does anyone remember who Travis married after Erica?

• Cassie says:

It was either Dimitri or her remarriage to Adam (when she wore the black dress and veil).

• Wendy says:

I believe he remarried ex-wife Barbara – and they had a daughter named Molly, Bianca’s half sister. And, for a time, and I now forget why, Tom was helping Barbara to pass Molly off as his child.

28. Paula says:

The Edge of Night romance of Larkin’s Sky Whitney and Raven (the brilliant Sharon Gabet) was one of daytime’s best. I even named one of my cats Sky in his honor. Remember seeing Larkin take part in a Susan Lucci tribute on Oprah several years ago and he was almost unrecognizable. It was obvious back then that he was in very bad health. Hope he is at peace now.

29. MaryAnn says:

So very sad to hear that Larkin has passed. Sending my condolences, prayers and hugs to his family and friends.