This Is Us Ratings

Ratings: This Is Us Still Strong in Week 2

NBC’s This Is Us in Week 2 delivered 8.8 million total viewers and a 2.6 demo rating (per finals), down just 12 and 9 percent from its very strong launch and again ranking No. 2 for the night.This Is Us — which was already picked up for a full season — also has now scored the top two ratings of any freshman drama.

Opening NBC’s night, The Voice (12.1 mil/3.3) ticked down one tenth week-to-week.

RELATED Ratings: This Is Us, Bull Lead Premiere Week’s DVR Gainers

Elsewhere on Tuesday…

CBS | NCIS (15.5 mil/2.1) dipped just a tenth from its season opener, while Bull (13.6 mil/1.9) slipped 14 percent. New Orleans (10.8 mil/1.5) ticked up a tenth.

ABC | Dancing With the Stars (8.1 mil/1.3) dipped two tenths week-to-week. An Easter egg-loaded Agents of SHIELD did 3 mil and a 0.9, slipping two tenths to tie its all-time demo low. (SHIELD, it could be noted, last week enjoyed massive 91 and 82 percent DVR gains.)

FOX | Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2.3 mil/1.0) dipped a tenth, New Girl (2 mil/1.0) was down two tenths and Scream Queens (1.7 mil/0.6) slipped to hit series lows.

THE CW | MADtv‘s finale did 550K and a 0.2

1. Chelsea says:

I love Scream Queens! Regardless of the ratings, i’m still gonna watch it.

2. wrstlgirl says:

YAY for This is Us. To be honest this show had winner written all over it, something just told me it had staying power. Scream Queens, I wish I could quit you. IDK what to think about this one. It’s so stupid but stupid funny.

3. RedReddington says:

I really hope ABC cares about/takes into account those DVR gains for AOS, because people aren’t watching it live for whatever reason. It’s such a good show. I wish people would give it another chance.

• :( says:

I hope that ABC also takes into account that their 10 p.m. time slot hasn’t been particularly solid on Wednesdays in a long time.

• Nero tTVfiddler says:

Nor on Tuesdays at 10pm either! ;) AoS is on ABC/Tues/10pm; Designated is on ABC/Wed 10pm. But your point well taken – ABC will be extra patient with both 10pm mid-week series to see what DVR numbers show at L+3, and even L+7.

Designated has hit written all over it – so that 10pm/Wed slot is set. If (a big IF), ABC feels they need that 10pm Tuesday slot for another series in trouble (Quantico?), that could change the dynamic. But for now, AoS is safe.

• rawley says:

I wasn’t aware it was even still on, much less that people watched it. The first season was so dreadful, I’ll never give it another chance. It was so bad I no longer even watch any of the Marvel movies. Turned me off to the entire franchise.

4. Jared says:

Scream Queens is so good but those ratings are horrible. Curious to see what Fox does with it after this season.

5. Iakovos says:

Happy to see a real drama (THIS IS US) win audiences. I have been looking for something like it since PARENTHOOD left the air. Really, does everything need to be a legal, police or medical procedural, or convoluted conspiracy drama?

6. kmw says:

Nice for This is Us and even better they get a full season. Poor FOX their Tuesday line up is really sinking. No surprises anywhere else.

• Kevin K says:

Fox and ABC have struggle in recent years while CBS is still on top of the world depending on whether their shows for the “house of Moonves” is going to put into retirement. No complaining

7. Kevin K says:

This Is Us – must see on Tuesday nights. Also I’m proud that it got a full season pick up but it’s going to have an 18-episode run.

8. ndixit says:

I am just going to hope that Hulu picks up B99 if it gets cancelled as it is a true gem and never fails to bring a smile to my face. Also, I’m pretty sure NCIS adjusted up to a 2.3 last week, so they technically dropped 0.2.

9. Boiler says:

Too bad for FOX comedies. Both are very good. Unfortunately people don’t seem to want to watch Fox. Think ABC blew it renewing AOS.

• Kevin K says:

Don’t know when and if New Girl is going to end depending on how many seasons they have left.

• Ben says:

“ABC blew it renewing AOS”. Well, not creatively they didn’t. It’s far and away my favourite show airing at this point, and definitely cleans out all of the DC fare for my money (mind you, so did Agent Carter).

• Nick says:

AOS has always been a DVR heavy show. They always get pretty big gains. ABC keeps renewing because, frankly, people are watching. Just not always live.

10. Belle says:

I love the time twist, but I just can’t get into this show…I guess I’m the only one by the looks of it! I think it’s casting that makes me feel this way; a few people aren’t working for me. I was hoping to love it.

11. Intense, funny, and heartfelt. I really didn’t expect to like “This is Us” nearly as much as I do.

12. Cindy says:

Where’s the Bull recap? I love it, along with This is us. Only other show from your list that I watch is NCIS.

• Nero tTVfiddler says:

Cindy – good points, but more importantly, get your DVR powered up! This Is Us is moving (Oct. 11th?) to Tuesday at 9pm – directly opposite – you guessed it, Bull!

Who says there is nothing to watch on broadcast TV anymore? ;)

13. Nero tTVfiddler says:

This Is Us looks very, very good at this point. Full season order – both the production team/staff/actors and NBC have to be very happy at this stage of the season. The next test for the series is in early October when it moves up an hour to 9pm. Competition in that slot includes CBS’ Bull, but other than that, ABC, FOX and CW have no answers.

Once that move to 9pm takes place, This Is Us has the potential to become an even stronger show, pulling in those viewers who may be a bit older and not DVR savvy. If that happens, look out… NBC may have a juggernaut on its hands. That’s a good problem to have, and perhaps a chance for NBC (someday) to add to the rebuilding of its ‘Must See TV’ Thursday night lineup of Superstore, The Good Place and Blacklist.

14. KayCeeCee says:

On “This Is Us”, I was only planning to watch the first 2 episodes, but the show has sucked me in. I am looking forward to episode 3.

I loved the scenes between Randall’s wife and dad. I totally understand what it’s like to have to stop someone from being too generous, so I get Randall’s wife.

15. jacquelyn saintjohn huber says:

Finally, a wonderful show. Clever writing, fabulous acting, ~Guess what, no need for sex. swearing violence etc.Love it…No need to change, no more comedy or it will be too much!~~Please QUIT WHILE AHEAD!~ LOVE this show~