A 7th Heaven Reunion? Only If Reverend Camden Dies, Says Catherine Hicks

7th Heaven may have just celebrated its 20th anniversary, but don’t expect to see the First Family of The WB together on screen again — unless, of course, it’s at Reverend Camden’s funeral.

TMZ recently stalked “caught up” with Catherine Hicks, who played Stephen Collins‘ (much) better half on the long-running drama, who had lovely things to say about her on-screen family members. Then this happened: “I don’t know,” she said about plans for a reunion. “I mean, we’d have to open with Stephen’s coffin.”

(Collins, in case you’re somehow blissfully unaware, was recently involved in a child molestation scandal. In a 2014 interview with People, Collins admitted to inappropriate conduct with three minors between 1973 and 1994.)

“It’s all up to networks and those types of things,” Hicks continued. “I think we’d all love to be together. … Maybe Eighth Heaven with a new boyfriend for Annie.”

For what it’s worth, Hicks’ pitch isn’t beyond the realm of possibility. Not only did Collins’ character have a bum ticker — a fan theory suggests he was dead for much of the show’s final season — but as this next video shows, Annie’s milkshake still brings all the boys to the yard:

Hit PLAY on Hicks’ ambush interview above, then drop a comment with your own thoughts on a possible reunion below.

1. NN says:

And if they admit season 11 was a fever dream.

2. Wordsmith says:

I’m kind of appalled that an organization as juvenile and invasive as TMZ continues to exist, but they do seem to have a tremendous ability to turn up candid soundbites and news of celebrity divorces.

3. Marco Piazzo says:

Only if they bring back Catherine Hicks’ previous costar CHUCKY to kill most of the Camdens starting with the father (Catherine was the mother in Child’s Play).

4. Lauren says:

Uhhh. I forgot this? I’m sure I knew about it at the time. It’s sad that there is so much horrible news I can’t remember all of it. Well I’m floored to learn about it for the second time.

5. Larc says:

Bringing 7th Heaven back to life sounds like a typical move for we-have-to-rely-on-old-ideas-because-we aren’t-smart-enough-to-come-up-with-good-new-ones TV producers.

6. Amanda says:

If 7th Heaven comes back or even gets a “Reunion Show”, I want the Cosby Show back ASAP!!!!! If one rapist can get paid, the other should be allowed to too!

7. If TMZ are stalkers, then stop using them as a source.

• Michael says:

You have a point. Mainstream media — the morning talk shows, especially, it seems — often ask guests: “Well, the tabloids claim…” It’s a backdoor way of asking something that they normally might not, but now they can because another outlet has.

• Kathleen Chambers says:

What’s wrong with Full House? I loved it. And I love Fuller House. Haven’t gotten around to seeing Season 2 yet. But I loved Season 1.

8. Iakovos says:

SEVENTH HEAVEN had its day. Not every show/character has a successful reboot or should even get the opportunity. This particular family drama was less than great to begin with, much less worthy of 11 seasons.

Technology has made it possible for television to have such an afterlife. Even so, the product is finite. I do not need to live next door to the Camdens, the FRIENDS, or fictional characters for the rest of my life. yes, some revivals are a mix of artistic integrity and popularity. Oftentimes, it feels the product just is a New Coke. Or a bit of fun that is not destined for the long term.

9. steven says:

Like him or not, he WAS the show.

10. Oliver Covington says:

This could work perhaps she gets a job working with whales in San Francisco and suddenly is taken into the future on board the enterprise

11. SJ says:

Did anyone ever really watch this show because they genuinely enjoyed it? I’m pretty sure it only lasted as long as it did because of the cringe factor and/or hate-watching…

12. Rwanalanders says:

I think it would be a good idea to have a 7th heaven reunion but Eric dies is a good idea cause he played with Heart problems anyway so it’s a great idea. Please do a reunion show.

13. Lindsey says:

What! Catherine Hicks doesn’t want to work with a rapist? I’m shocked! Thank you TMZ for this ground breaking information.

• Butch says:

Exposing your self to minors is horrible and he should never work as an actor again but I would not define that as rape. I don’t think he or his victims admitted more than that.

14. yes i would love for them to have a 7th heaven reunion it would be nice

15. Anna Smith says:

THAT WAS WRONG OF HIM KISSING HER.

16. Anna Smith says:

ON SEPTEMBER 27, 2016. I THINK THAT WAS WRONG OF HIM KISSING HER.

17. Sue says:

I thought Catherine Hicks was one of the worst TV mothers not caring in the least about her husband or wanting to help him. Did not seem to worry much about the children either. She was just like Deborah in Everybody loves Raymond

• Kathleen Chambers says:

She was an awesome mother. She cared about her children and her children’s family and friends. She cared about the parishioners and everyone.
      She helped as much as she was able to with Eric. The only reason she didn’t help him too much is that she couldn’t. Everything Eric was told was confidential. And the people would’ve been upset had he told her.
      Give examples to when you think she should have helped more than she did. And when she didn’t pay enough attention to her kids.

18. Kathleen Chambers says:

I love 7th Heaven. I binge watch it on Hulu. I know the theme song. I do hope that they have a reboot of the show. I don’t care if Eric is in the picture or not. Not saying Steven, saying “Eric”. Maybe have the guy who played Tom play Eric. That would be cool. Gotta keep Eric, though.