Ugly Betty Reunion

Ugly Betty Reunion: 'We're Having Conversations,' Says America Ferrera

America Ferrera is just itching to get back into Betty’s braces.

During a visit to Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live on Thursday to promote the second season of Superstore, Ferrera fielded questions from viewers, one of which asked about the chances of an Ugly Betty reunion movie on Netflix or Hulu.

“That is a conversation that’s happening,” she said. “It’s been six years since we’ve been off the air, and 10 since we shot the pilot. We had an Ugly Betty reunion at [the ATX Television Festival], and we sort of started a hashtag #HuluBringBackUglyBetty, which I think kind of made Hulu mad — but who cares?”

Ugly Betty, which starred Ferrera as an unconventional assistant at a major fashion magazine, ran for four seasons (2006–2010) on ABC; a late-notice cancellation forced the writers to wrap things up sooner than they had planned.

To make sure Ferrera wasn’t just blowing hot air, host Andy Cohen pressed the actress further about the severity of this “conversation.”

“We’re having conversations,” Ferrera insisted. “The more our fans make noise about it, the more likely it is, so keep it up!”

Would you like to see an Ugly Betty reunion? If so, in what form? (Movie, limited series, etc.) Drop a comment with your hopes for the show’s second life below.

1. BetsyBoo says:

I do! I want to see Daniel and Betty married. I never shipped them during the show – in fact that was one of my favorite things – they were friends and looked out for each other. But then I liked how Daniel evolved into realizing that maybe that’s the kind of relationship he wanted/needed. I still rate this series finale as one of my top 5 of all time.

2. andrew hass says:

I hope there is a Ugly Betty reunion movie in which we can see where all the characters are now.

3. Dani says:

Please not Hulu! As someone that’s not from the US I’d like to be able to watch this.

4. fan says:

Um….since she got the braces off before the finale, wouldn’t it be more appropriate to say she wants to get back into Betty’s poncho or something?

• Jeff D says:

That’s what I was thinking. I’m like, she didn’t have braces at the end of the series. I guess the writer hasn’t seen Ugly Betty.

5. iHeart says:

uh can’t you just do a reunion special instead of a reboot? is Superstore not doing well right now?

6. Katie says:

I want this so much. I adored Ugly Betty and I would love to check in with the characters again. I didn’t ship Daniel and Betty during the show’s run either but since they gave us a taste of that in the finale, I would like to see them together. See how they could make it work. And though another run (like Fuller House) would be ideal, even a movie would be enough to satisfy me, I think. The most important thing to me is just allowing them to truly wrap it up, since the last couple of episodes felt rather rushed to me.

7. Carmen says:

I loved ” Ugly Betty” and I was so sad when it got cancelled. Please, please, bring back Ugly Betty!!!

8. BRYNNA says:

Oh yes! Limited series on Netflix???

9. Vikki says:

Would love to see what happened between. Daniel and betty.

10. Josh Emerson says:

I would love to see Ugly Betty again! Although I’m afraid they’d have her end up with Daniel, which I’m against, I would love to see the characters again.

11. Brock says:

Yes. Please. I want to see Marc and Amanda so bad, and Wilhelmina too! :) Movie or 4 parter. SOMETHING!

12. Jane says:

I want to Betty and Daniel Together

13. Paloma says:

It would be fun to have a one-off movie so we can catch up on Betty, see where she is in her relationship with Daniel. See where she’s gotten with her writing. I like to see how he continued to grow up and where it got him in the past six years

14. A says:

a short 5th season would be great!

15. Nicole says:

I’m actually just rewatching the series now. I love these characters so much. It would be fun to go back if it’s done right

16. Sueallen Lobo says:

Wow..i hope it comes true..il keep dreaming till it comes alive..I am a true ugly betty fan n she reminds me of what it was..fingers crossed!!

17. Jennifer says:

A movie would be amazing!!

18. Anna says:

I don’t care how it is packaged or who airs it, I will watch anything that puts Marc and Amanda back on my screen.