Exclusive
Hilarie Burton Lethal Weapon Season 1 Cast

One Tree Hill's Hilarie Burton to Play Tough DEA Agent on Lethal Weapon

The Feds are coming for Lethal Weapon‘s Riggs and Murtagh.

Hilarie Burton (One Tree Hill) will guest-star on the new Fox drama as an investigator with the United States Drug Enforcement Agency, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Burton will play DEA investigator Karen Palmer, who is described as “tough and smart” and “not afraid to speak her mind” in the official character breakdown. Karen will show up in the process of working the same case — which has been the focus of all her efforts — for the past three years.

Burton will appear in one episode. She joins a Season 1 guest roster that includes Kristoffer Polaha (Life Unexpected), who will play a special agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Firearms and Tobacco.

In addition to playing OTH‘s label head Peyton, Burton’s TV credits include ExtantTogethernessForeverGrey’s Anatomy and White Collar.

1. Ally says:

news of oth cast on the oth day hahaha great for hilarie, is always good seeing the cast on tv

2. Burton will play DEA investigator Karen Palmer, who is described as “tough and smart” and “not afraid to speak her mind” in the official character breakdown.

Dear Network Execs: why would she be afraid to speak her mind in the first place? WHY is this a defining characteristic for a female character?

My apologies to others commenting. I’m sure she’ll be fun for the show …. I just couldn’t help but wincing when I see yet another tone-deaf character description. (See the CW’s Rachel Bloom’s take on the matter…http://www.indiewire.com/2016/08/rachel-bloom-crazy-ex-girlfriend-casting-call-male-gaze-1201715450/)

• Wordsmith says:

You make a good point. Murtagh and Riggs both aren’t afraid to speak their minds, often to disastrous results, but I doubt that their character breakdowns phrased it that way. More likely, they’d be described as “brash,” or “unfiltered,” – terms that could just as easily be employed in female casting notices…

3. Joey Padron says:

Great news she’ll be back on tv again!

4. C says:

haha so basically her white collar role? I could use some more regular showings of Hilarie Burton in my life though. Someone get her a show.

5. Lady K says:

Very happy she is going to be on Lethal Weapon! Hope she becomes a reoccurring character!!

6. Ash says:

Hopefully it sticks to one episode.

7. John NYC says:

Nice casting. I’ve liked her in what I’ve seen. Not OTH but White Collar and some other TV movies.

8. clintbrew says:

The description of her sounds like Lorna Cole from lethal weapon 3 and I wonder if they have gonna add Leo gets

9. rebecca says:

I was kinda hoping she’d maybe go back to Grey’s for a bit.

10. Jamie says:

Ehh, she’s such a weak actress. I loved OTH with all of my heart, but yikes.

• Jackson says:

Highly disagree. She was by far the best actress in that show, and has been great in all her other roles.

• Christian says:

Yeah right.. you don’t know acting, dearie. Sophia and Bethany were miles ahead of wooden Hilarie. She was on par with the boys though because Chad and James can’t act a lick either!

• Jackson says:

Wooden? LOL I’ll let you believe that if it makes you happy. Sophia is one of the most one dimensional actresses I’ve ever seen. Hilarie completely outperformed her during season 1-6 of the show. As did Chad. When they left the show, they placed Sophia at the forefront of it and the ratings decreased drastically. Need i say more?

• meggiesstuff says:

I agree more with Jackson here: Hilarie was a better actress than Sophia (Bethany was as well). Hilarie wasn’t wooden, though she really shined in the quiet moments…she exuded a lot of emotion in her expressions and a viewer didn’t have to guess as much with her as with other characters/actors. I think most people extend character hate/love to the actors, which stinks. For example, while not as strong an actress as others, I don’t think moving Sophia’s character to the forefront ruined OTH…the already over-the-top storylines became even more parodic (and the best friendships all broke up!) and that ruined it. Plus the writer’s habit of telling/exposition instead of showing viewers things….like telling us ad naseum how Brooke became the most selfless character, while showing us that Nathan actually had more of that trait than any of the rest as they grew up/developed.

It will be nice to see Hilarie onscreen again; can’t wait to see how it all turns out!

• Anna says:

Agreed about the wooden quality of her acting. She never actually emoted anything significant. I was always more touched by her character’s words/the writing than her actual delivery. It was always so flat, even when she was crying, etc.

• Anna says:

Throwing a confused side eye out there to the people that think Hilarie Burton’s perpetual 1D whining and resting angst face counted as decent acting or that was anywhere near as good as Sophia Bush or Bethany Joy Lenz on OTH. Peyton was a great character, but Hilarie was on par with James Lafferty in terms of acting skills. Super rough and easily outacted by the little kid who played Jamie…

• Jackson says:

You seem to be having a hard time dealing with all the disagreement towards your opinion on here. Changing names now? Jamie, Christian, Anna, what is you’re actual name?

11. Amanda says:

Lifetime and Hallmark movies is where Hilarie should stick with her acting.