Exclusive

Blue Bloods Sneak Peek: Lori Loughlin Asks Frank to Do the Unthinkable

The typically unflappable Frank Reagan is unexpectedly put on the spot in this exclusive sneak peek from the Season 7 premiere of CBS’ Blue Bloods (airing Friday at 10/9c).

In the season opener, titled “The Greater Good,” Lori Loughlin (Full House) guest-stars as Grace Edwards, a slain police officer’s widow. She, Frank and her son — who is about to graduate the academy himself — are going over the plan to dedicate a street sign in her husband’s honor, when Grace asks for a moment alone with the NYPD commish.

What big favor does Grace have to ask of Frank? Press play above to find out, and see his immediate reaction.

Elsewhere in the premiere: Danny’s world is rocked when Robert Lewis (guest star Michael Imperioli) in the Attorney General’s office obtains new evidence against him in the self-defense shooting case of serial killer Thomas Wilder, while Jamie and Eddie respond to a car crash involving a high-profile drunk driver.

Want scoop on Blue Bloods, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Kevin In CT says:

Love Lori Laughlin!!

2. Debbie Schmidt says:

More stories with Jamie and Eddie !!!!!!!!!

3. Enjoy your show can’t wait to see the new show. Hope miss Abgail Hawks is still your secretary.

4. Ronald Gold says:

Love the show, can’t wait for the season premier, but I wish they would stop showing Frank in uniform. While he may have, like real life NYPD PC Raymond Kelly held every job in the department except Police Woman, the Commissioner is a civilian job and does not wear a uniform.

• Cat says:

In this fictional show the commissioner seems to come from the rank and file and thus wear a uniform, remember the previous commissioner was Henry and he is also seen in a uniform at ceremonies.

5. jim lott says:

interesting start for the year. looking forward to the answer.

6. XXH says:

This show and the actors are HUGELY unrated and under promoted. Love the show!

• karen says:

I believe the people who select the nominating shows are on the left, I love the writers of Blue Bloods. The moral and value they write says a lot to me, they don’t show crookedness in the Reagan family.. woohoo

7. Heather says:

I love this show.

8. Debbie says:

One of the best shows on TV. I don’t think I have ever missed a show and I keep watching reruns. Shame on the Emmy’s for never nominating Blue Bloods. It has outlasted so many other shows yet they never get the recognition they deserve. It is a world class show and I can’t wait to see the season premier tomorrow night. Hope this series stays on for many more years to come.

• karen says:

9. ncmetz says:

I was a member of the Philadelphia Police Department for 26 years and our Police Commissioner is also appointed by the Mayor of the City. The “PC” now serving came up through the ranks and wears his uniform, as did some of his predecessors. The uniform of the “PC” has a rank insignia of 4 stars, while the Deputy Police Commissioner’s uniform has 2 stars, which leads me to believe that the “PC” is entitled to wear the uniform, if he chooses to.

10. Doug says:

No, if I was Frank Reagan, I would not do that. It is up to the mother to talk to her son and try to stop him. Frank should not be placed in that position. It could open up a big can of worms about academy conduct.

11. Doug says:

One of the best shows on TV. Not too many more are as good.

12. Frank isn’t going to go along with that. After all, the young man worked hard towards his chosen career.

13. Stephen says:

I love the show. Too me it’s the #1 show on TV. Would like to see more storylines of Jamie and less of Danny. Possible social interest between Frank and his assistant/secretary or someone else. Frank should not be a widower indefinitely.

14. Karen says:

My elderly mom and I are late-comers to the show. We started watching out of desperation, really … not much else on. After we got hooked, we went back and watched as many back episodes as possible, to fill in our gaps in the story lines. We’ve eagerly been waiting for the new season. I get a bit tired of Danny’s temper, but am fascinated by the personality and character of Jamie. And, I’ve enjoyed Frank’s occasional romantic dalliances … his conflict over them is always interesting to watch. All in all, a good presentation by a traditional network, IMO.

15. Sue says:

Michael Imperioli….YES!!! We need more of him on this show….or any show.

16. anne marie corma says:

why is there some girl telling the viewers what they are seeing.? Is this going to happen in each episode…? Very distracting