Atlanta Renewed

Atlanta, Better Things Renewed at FX

The future is looking bright for the newest additions to FX’s comedy roster.

The network on Tuesday announced that both Atlanta and Better Things have been renewed for second seasons.

Atlanta, which premiered on Sept. 6, stars Donald Glover (Community) as a Princeton dropout working to jump start his cousin’s rap career. And Better Things, which debuted just a few days later, finds Pamela Adlon (Louie) playing a divorced actress raising her three daughters.

Your thoughts on Atlanta and Better Things‘ renewals? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. flowerduh says:

YAY! Both shows are funny, honest and real life! I’m glad that FX has given both shows seasons. Hazzah!

2. Joey Padron says:

Happy Atlanta got renewed for season 2! The show been good so far.

3. Billy Meacham says:

Knowing FXs track record on their comedy shows, they’ll probably cancel it after season 2.

4. dan says:

I love Better Things so far. It’s sort of a female approach at Louie (no wonder), maybe with a lighter side, but it’s fine. But I couldn’t get on with Atlanta. I abhore rap and the whole “let’s portray ignorance and ghetto life as something normal on TV”. More power to Donald Glover for presenting his own voice, tho.

• Traci Walters says:

No one has rapped a single lyric in Atlanta. Even though one of the lead characters is a rapper and drug dealer. It just the back drop of modern day urban Atlanta. Very Intellectual show in the writing and screenplay. Very funny also. More than one critic has called it a “hood Seinfeld” lol!

5. Jim says:

I’ll watch Pamela Adlon do anything. But Better Things isn’t working so far. Hope it finds its voice soon.

6. JScout says:

Glad to hear this. I’ve enjoyed both shows so far.

7. TV Gord says:

I love Atlanta, but Better Things is still growing on me. I love Pamela Adlon, though, so I’m in for the long haul, traveling hopefully!

8. chavez says:

Atlanta way better than empire and any other show running name great story line I’ll give it a 4.5 out of five stars keep the show running it’s a great show paper boy lol

9. Freddie Katz says:

Better things is brilliant! Script and acting. The three generation thing is marvelous. Each of the girls is more adorable than the next. Love love love this show