Exclusive
Scott Michael Foster Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Crazy Ex Casts Scott Michael Foster in Major Season 2 Recurring Role

Rebecca Bunch may really have something to sing about now.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend has tapped Scott Michael Foster to join the cast as a possible love interest for Rachel Bloom’s vocally inclined drama queen, TVLine has learned exclusively. The Greek and Once Upon a Time alum will have a major recurring presence throughout Season 2 and could return in Season 3 as a full-fledged series regular (should the CW comedy score a renewal).

Foster, who’s coming off a a stint in the now-defunct Freeform tear-jearker Chasing Life, will play Nathaniel, a lawyer from a prominent family who technically is from the San Gabriel Valley but who is nonetheless from a very different world. When he collides with Rebecca and the people in her life, he affects everyone’s future.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend returns with its second season on Friday, Oct. 21 at 9/8c.

1. Jo Jo says:

Such great news!!!!!

2. Beth says:

Awesome news heading into the weekend! Love this show so much & I’m rewatching now to prepare for S2

3. Kim J says:

Ugh my love and fan girlness for Scott Michael Foster is gonna have me watching this stupid show. 😫

4. Kris says:

Love this casting news. He was great on Greek, and I think he’ll fit in well with this show.

5. girlieq24 says:

Excellent news! Love him and the show.

6. abz says:

I don’t know how popular my opinion, but I still love Greg and want to see Rebecca and Greg give it a real shot at some point.

• lindsay says:

I’m with you. (Is this not popular opinion? I just assumed everyone must love them together as much as me.)

• Ian says:

That’s my feeling. Shows do this all the time, bring in multiple love interests as the seasons roll on, even though the soulmate is right there, and it just kills my enthusiasm and will to watch at all. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend can’t afford to make mistakes now because it was barely renewed. And Rachel Bloom and SMF? They look like siblings first of all anyway, and Chasing Life is still way too fresh. Plus, I don’t want to suspend my disbelief for the sake of actresses with their own shows that like to have men outside their league be love interests for their characters, i.e. Lena Dunham and Mindy Kaling and that show Younger. It’s just so… predatory.

7. Lori says:

Yay, definitely watching season 2 now.

8. Joey Padron says:

Happy Scott is coming back to TV! I’ll watch the episodes of season 2 to see him act again and maybe sing too.

9. Ashbash says:

I’ve watched every show Scott Michael Foster has been on so I guess I’m going to have to catch up with crazy ex-girlfriend. This casting definitely increases my interest in this show.

10. Wooster182 says:

Well, they just became endgame. Because that’s what he does. Guess I have to start watching this now…

11. ScottJ says:

How many love interests does Rebecca need? It doesn’t sound too promising for Josh now.

12. Amanda says:

I guess we are just going to forget Blood & Oil?

Love him, though, and love this show.. I will definitely be tuning in. :)

13. Shefali Goel says:

Kristoff vs. Hans? I’m SO in!

14. N!loofar says:

great news

15. N!loofar says:

great new, he was great as Leo. glad it was cancelled instead of being subjected to Dominic fakery.

16. T says:

I have loved him since he was on Greek and super excited he is joining a show I already watch. Watching Blood and Oil last year was painful just to see him

17. Rita Powers says:

You couldn’t find a better actor than Scott Michael Foster. I have been following his career since he was a freshman in high school when I cast him as the groom in Father of the Bride. I was his high school drama teacher. He is a huge talent and a really great guy! Congratulations, Scott! Love you!