Beauty and the Beast Series Finale Recap: La Belle et la Bête

Did Beauty and the Beast live happily ever after?

The CW’s version of that tale as old as time came to a close on Thursday night, with VinCat out to 1) prevent Braxton’s bombing of the final cabal member, a crown prince, and 2) take down Braxton himself, to stop once and for all the manufacture of beasts.

First, Vincent and Catherine “cozied up to” the prince’s assistant, convincing him that his boss was in great danger. That gave them access to the prince’s travel route into the city from LaGuardia. We spied Braxton, meanwhile, crafting an explosive that was attached to a powerful magnet, which he then hid beneath a small manhole cover, somewhere.

Left (for the first time in a long time!) with nothing to do but wait, VinCat went about with their not-so-stealthy goodbyes — starting with Heather, who caught her sister preparing a Last Will and Testament. Many tears were shed (by Heather) as Cat explained her wish to see her sister move on with her own life once the beast business is behind all of them. And to that end, she has prepaid Heather’s lease and signed over her car.

Vincent meanwhile surprises J.T. with a top-of-the-line laptop, to replace the equipment he sold away weeks ago. But J.T. sees it for the farewell gift it is, grumbling that although the “brothers” knew this day was coming, it doesn’t make it any easier. Tess doesn’t handle the inevitable much better, refusing to say the G-word to her BFF.

With that blast of emotions out of the way, Vincent and Catherine resume their plan, “blurring” themselves into the prince’s limousine to explain the dire situation, just before his convoy heads onto the targeted Queensboro Bridge. They abruptly drop off the prince and his driver, then drive the limo onto — and then sharply off of! — the bridge, just as the bomb that had [Clunk!] attached itself minutes earlier exploded, with the vehicle midair halfway to the river. J.T. watched in horror, knowing that Vincent and Catherine were inside.

And yet of course they weren’t. Which might have been a tiny surprise had they not just reminded us of Vincent’s “blurring” power earlier in the scene.

Tess went Beauty and the Beastabout intercepting Braxton at the getaway jet, putting a few fatal bullets into the baddie. She, J.T., Heather and Kyle (who I thought for sure would be revealed as a beast!!!) days later gathered for the funeral of their loved ones. Afterward at the cemetery, though, J.T. was approached with a plum job offer by a man who had been sent by Vincent… days earlier, yet with the funeral’s place and time already in hand. Hmmm. Heather meanwhile discovered that the wigs and burner phones she bought for VinCat had gone missing.

THEY’RE ALIVE :-O

Months (?) later, we see Vincent and Catherine taking a carriage ride through Paris, en route to a cafe where Vincent has an anniversary surprise waiting for his wife — Tess, J.T. and Heather! And no sooner have they all gotten caught up on who is living in sin with whom back home, than Vincent and Catherine dash out the door to stop a random purse-snatching.

As heroes do.

What did you think of B&TB‘s bon voyage?

1. RichieS says:

B&B certainly wasn’t a Top 10 type show but it really was not that bad. Austin Basis imo is a very underrated actor and I hope his next role may let him break out of the “nervous bestie” typecast rut . And Kristin Kreuk is one of the most beautiful actresses working in TV and her and Ryan had reasonable chemistry. Good luck to all cast members in their future roles.

2. wrstlgirl says:

That was the lamest fake out I’ve seen in a long time. It’s over moving on.

3. A says:

I actually cried when Vincent and Cat were saying their one on one good-bye to Heather, Tess, and J.T. I wish the cast Good Luck on Future Projects.

4. Tdyy says:

Im gonna miss this show So much.

5. Shaun says:

This sounds a lot like Nikitas finale,lol.

• Tony Lang says:

I was thinking the EXACT same thing – this is like Nikki and MIcheal, kicking it on a tropical island when they catch sight of a criminal and run after him. Coincidence that both are CW shows?

• It’s probably the laziest way I can think of to end a series (although I thought Nikita did it quite well). I checked out of this show after season 1 and it doesn’t sounds like it ever got any better…. this is the problem when you only write a show ‘for the fans’, it ends up being predictable, gutless and uninspiring all in the name of protecting the ship.

6. Michael says:

One thing never made sense to me- in “Meet the New Beast”, Vincent says of Ecklund’s killer- “I sensed something but it’s like he was invisible or camouflaged”. So who killed Ecklund? If it was Braxton, then how did he manage to hide himself from Vincent’s senses? If Braxton had some sort of way to make himself invisible, he certainly didn’t use it when JT and Tess confronted him.

7. Kirstine McCune says:

I loved this program and will miss watching it. It was fantastic! Thank you!

8. I kinda’ wished Vincent and Kat had died Romeo & Juliette style, because otherwise it was quite a predictable ending. But all in all, it wasn’t that terrible and a happily ever after was what they deserved.

9. Jen says:

Best ending in time EVER❣ Wow …. Hope the series finds a way to rock it into the next chapter. Awesome characters …. It’s like losing friends. The crew was wonderful. Will miss you all so very much. Thank you all for an AWESOME ride❣👍

10. steven says:

Tale as old as time, wrong Beauty and the Beast!

• wrstlgirl says:

Honestly it was laughable. I mean the entire series was one bad guy after another with these two trying to make things right so they could have a nice life together and all of a sudden in the last ep of the series, poof, all cleaned up in a nice little bow. And I have to add that the acting when they thought Kat and Vincent were dead was horrid. Literally laughed out loud at how unconvincing it was.

11. Antoinette says:

who I thought for sure would be revealed as a beast!!!) OMG So did I…Anytime someone new just shows up they are always the bad guy. I was like heather is a magnet for scumbags LOL

12. Jared says:

BATB had such a beautiful finale. Exactly the type of ending fans were wanting. So sad it’s over but happy The CW gave it 4 seasons.

13. Joe says:

I loved the show it had everything in it. I wished they didn’t cancel the show its nice to get away and enjoy a show that shows the strength of love and friendship. Please bring it back please!

14. Kim R says:

I love a happy ending. No complaints here. :)

15. Carolina says:

Totally in love with BatB. I really love all the goodbyes they did a great performances so emotional. I will always love Vincat and they deserved the happy ever after. Xoxo

16. N.M says:

No one noticed that VinCat called thamselfes IsaBelle and Adam? Like The Movie Beauty and the Beast

17. Rebecca Ross says:

I am miserable due to this series ending! Loved it from the start and the finale was awesome, although bittersweet. Gratified that Vincent and Cat are safe and have moved on, but the series was so loved and will be greatly missed.

18. Barry says:

I felt the scene where it looked like Vincent and Kat died was weak in spite of his ability to blur. Other than that I liked it and did like the series.

19. Lina says:

The finale was well done. Everything was what they had been striving for all season. I will miss this show, the characters were all so endearing. Great job to all involved!

20. Alichat says:

Ridiculously predictable ending, but not surprising. After season 1 the writing became sloppy and redundant. I always loved the cast (except Heather) and the Vincent and Katherine chemistry, but it was time to end it. If they weren’t going to progress the characters, there wasn’t a reason to keep it going. Oh….and I too thought Heather’s boyfriend would end up being the beast they were tracking until it veered into Braxton-land.

21. Chris says:

I have one thing to say

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL
    BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

22. katiefanatic says:

maybe it’s because i only ever cared about vincat (literally beauty and the beast) but i found the finale super boring. last year’s was better.

23. J says:

It sucks these morons at the networks always cancels the good shows and stick us with the so called fake realty b.s

24. Papas says:

The Braxton story made no sense & was a let down as I was hoping with S4 renewal they would create a believable, suspenseful story that ended with a satisfying & heartwarming finale!

Standout performances by the two leads as always but Nicole Anderson as Heather was stellar in this finale. She brought energy, light & heart to each scene she was in, and without her this finale would of gotten a D!

Austins performance was off or he couldn’t pull off all the emotional scenes given to him as the cemetery scene with him as the lead was horrible – I found myself tuning out with each of his scenes.

Final scene with VinCat scene was ok, tying up loose ends in a pretty little Parisian bow.

Was one of my favourite shows – should of ended after S2.

25. Armida says:

I love this show. My all time favorite. Love the romance, action and drama. The power of love, friendship, family bond and girl power are highly incoporated. Triple B show. It has Beauty, Brains and Brawns. It is a perfect ending for a continuation to season five. Hello, AdElle! Take your time S5. I will be right here waiting till we meet again BATB.😘

26. mikeX says:

I watched the entire series and it sure changed. If you go back and watch the first season and see how raw it was then how it changed. Seeing Vincent and how his abilities morphed into ridiculousness and the light weight stories that lead to the conclusion were just too out of character. The ending was stupid IMO!

• Rebecca Ross says:

Loved everything about this series from the beginning, never missing an episode. From what I see it’s the least of the “sci-Fi” shows on the CW, and most believable. Fantastic acting among the cast members and awesome chemistry between the leads, Jay Ryan and Kristin Kreuk. I will miss it so much! A mistake on CW’s part to cancel it.

• Rebecca Ross says:

Sorry Mike X didn’t like BATB. A good number of us loved it! Of course it made changes during the course of the show, from S1 to S4. Vincent’s beast make-up and prosthetics were simplified to allow the actor shorter time in the make up chair. The first season was procedural, and the writers decided to go in a different direction in S2. The awesome actors carried this series and did an amazing job. I will miss this series so much and I think the CW made a terrible mistake in cancelling it. They also made errors in not promoting it, like they’ve done on some of the other crap shows on that network. What a shame. The finale left a terrific opportunity for a sequel, and I hope it happens, but on a different network.

27. Ryan says:

I think they should make more seasons.. They should make it where cat gets turned into a “beast” and how they live out there lives, and then all of a sudden a baby. But I would love it if they would make 3-4 more seasons

28. Joyvonejelagat says:

I didn’t like how it end there many questions hanging like Aron Keller Vincent’s nephew he needed to know that his uncle is alive, cat and Vincent are happy at the end again without jobs are they going to raised a family? can beast be transmitted to the baby I case they had one? is Vincent going to live for many years like liam of 18th century Vincent fought so had to get is life back as a doctor an I the nothing…. its incomplete…

29. Joyvonejelagat says:

I think there should be more seasons. i love this show its among the best

30. Sana Patel says:

I thought Kyle would be a beast too 😂😂😂

31. brittany says:

They need to make another season for beauty and the beast. They left it wide open for more and I want more. It’s an amazing Show and I want to know more.

32. brittany says:

They need to make another season of B&B . They left it wide open for more and I want to know what happens next. Where does this take them since they are going after a purse napper. What happens next.