Fall TV Preview
The Vampire Diaries Spoilers

Vampire Diaries Photos: Damon's Out for Blood in Final Season Premiere

The first batch of photos from The Vampire Diaries‘ final season has arrived — and there’s nary a smile to be seen.

Then again, I can’t say I’m surprised. Last season ended with Damon and Enzo turning evil, Caroline letting Alaric down gently, Matt leaving town and Bonnie losing her magic. So aside from the shining beacon of hope that is “Steroline,” the Mystic Falls gang doesn’t have much to be thankful for heading into Season 8.

Aside from the usual suspects, these new photos also give us our first look at Caroline and Alaric’s new nanny Seline, played by Containment’s Kristen Gutoskie.

“Alaric hasn’t had the best luck with women,” executive producer Julie Plec recently told TVLine. “I don’t know if he should be jumping into anything anytime soon, but if he does, the hot nanny would certainly be viable.”

The Vampire Diaries kicks off its final season on Friday, Oct. 21 at 8/7c.

Click through our gallery of first-look photos from the premiere, then drop a comment with your hopes for TVD’s final season.

1. marydspain says:

Can’t wait for Steroline this season #SterolineJuneWedding

• Charlotte says:

Sadly a few things ruined this once great show.
      1. Damon should have stayed a flirt/badboy/killer

• Charlotte says:

2. Bonnie should have been on screen more
        3. Elena and Stefan should have had the, “Epic Lovestory” the show was based on.
        4. Never should have put Caroline with Stefan. Literally looks creepy together.
        5. Alaric should have continued with his tough, vampire slayer.
        6. Shouldn’t have killed off Sheriff Forbes.
        7. Shouldn’t have made Elena so pathetic. All she did since season 4 was bed Damon, chase Damon, beg Damon, kicked her friends and family to the curb.
        8. Bring back the Vampire Diaries of Seasons 1, 2 and 3.

• Nikki says:

yeah, they were great seasons but move on already..it was over 4 years ago and try to find something you do like about the show now.

• Erika says:

The problem is there’s nothing to like about the show anymore that’s why so many have moved on. Seems as though Julie and Co would take a hint and try something, you know, NEW instead of the same things over and over again.

• Charlotte says:

Problem is I really have tried to watch TVD’s because I was a huge fan since the beginning. Me and my friends would get together like we used to when the show was hot but honestly. The show lost its excitement and it’s boring. From the ratings we’re not the only ones who go bored of what they did to the show.
            Look, I get having to move forward and change things up. BUT, face it whether you’re a Stelena or not. They really were the heart of the show and Damon was great when he just flirted with Elena and wreaked havic with Mystic Falls.

• Sharon says:

I try so hard to find something I like but it’s impossible…and if there is something I start to like, they ruin it.

Oh Stefan and Caroline are such great friends…let’s make them romantic and completely ruin their friendship. Caroline and Bonnie are best friends…C will do anything to bring B back from where ever she disappeared to… B is back yet more focused on Damon, who by the way has always been horrible to C.

• Jam says:

I completely Agreed to you . I love Season 1-3 when Stefan and Elena fell in love with each other

• Noa says:

I’m hoping Calaric get back together since Caroline gets jealous of the new nanny. They are cute together.

2. S.Q says:

Can’t wait for the Steroline scenes #SterolineJuneWedding

• Alexa says:

“If the shining beacon of hope is “Steroline” than season 8 is doomed.
      Please end this bore of a couple and let Caroline have a life.” If this ain’t the truth!!

3. Krista says:

Exciting for New season and more steroline 🙌😻

4. Mery says:

Can you give us some #Klaroline good news?we want them back :)

5. Lara says:

WE WANT KLAROLINE

6. Angie says:

Klaroline Is the only thing that matters :)

7. Camille says:

Hoping for some Klaroline scenes this season, especially after this wonderful crossover last year !

8. Abbi Fortune says:

So excited for this season, especially for Steroline! STEROLINE FOREVER! <3 #SterolineJuneWedding #TVDForever

9. Nat says:

i really hope that Steroline will end soon cause their scenes are all Stefan centic with Caroline demanding he’d show her some respect :( :( it’s degrading her character :( I’d rather watch some new klaroline scenes! :) However long it takes

10. Lucia says:

Do you have any good news for klaroline fandom?

• Trolle says:

Your trial will end soon!!! Tvd will be over with a steroline endgame and y’all can finally put your abusive ship to rest and get therapy!!

11. Chloe says:

Are we going to get more of klaroline mentions and scenes this season?.

12. Sharon says:

If the shining beacon of hope is “Steroline” than season 8 is doomed.

Please end this bore of a couple and let Caroline have a life,

• Missy says:

THIS! But both need to have a life. The writing for them is terrible individually and as a couple. This ship should’ve died in s6. There’s nothing to look forward to in s8. Sterosnooze, Bonnie without her magic and Damon, Alaric and his nanny, Enzo = s8 failure.

• Erika says:

LOL “shining beacon of hope…” agree with both you and Missy. TVD is just a sad shell now.

• Rin says:

Ditto this has become pathetic

13. luvi says:

my steroline luv you so much june wedding cmin up and klaroline fans will finally get a hint that klaroline is dead an never cmin back….

• Asher says:

It’s funny how a dead ship has ppl scared. I’d rather have a ‘dead’ ship with chemistry than a boring no chemistry one that no one wants to watch and wants dead.

• Trolle says:

Yuck. You say chemistry, but what you mean is emotional and physical abuse. I’d rather ship a slowburn friends to lovers ship that rabid preteens hate over a popular ship that’s all about hurt, manipulation, murder and ships a woman with a man she can’t ever love. Just bc yall find Klaus so Hot.

14. Karen Milton says:

I loved vamp diaries will miss it.x

15. Jenna says:

I’m so sad this and the Originals are the only vampire shows that really exist anymore and soon it will just be the Originals. I feel like these days it’s all about zombie stuff and I’m feeling suffocated, I miss the vampire era! I mean I tried watching that show Fear the Walking Dead…terrible stuff, made me appreciate the vampires more. I wish Damon and Stefan would show those zombies and the people running from them a thing or two!!

16. Betty garcia says:

No!!! Please this series have to be longer than 8 season😣I want to Elena back and also katherine.Damon is so cute when is bad 😈but Stèfan is mooore😇I want to see them until at least season 10.I promise to watch the show every day and In all my tv.etc 📺💻📲

17. Selena says:

In hope for a stelena moment! And still rooting for klaroline❤️❤️

18. kla says:

I don’t know how the writers don’t see that there is no real chemistry between Stefan and Caroline it just comes off as awkward and forced. In the first season Caroline tries to hit on Stefan and he looks at Elena and basically tells Caroline that he will never ever be interested in her. So this just feels like Stefan will just go for anyone who likes him because his ego is still hurt after Elena, the love of his life, dumped him for his brother. Caroline and Klaus definitely had some real chemistry and I think Klaus should fulfill his promise of showing Caroline the world. I think they should bring in a whole new character for Stefan to have an epic love story with either that or just let him be single and take time to focus on making a better life for himself.

19. Paige says:

Don’t won’t to put a downer on anything and I dont care what anybody thinks but my opinion is that KLAROLINE should happen!!!! Caroline should go to New Orleans. They can’t promise us that klaus is going to be her last love and then leave us hanging I don’t no about anybody els but I have literally been waiting years for this couple to sail and every time it goes to take of it doesn’t get very far and as for steroline… what is that? if I remember correctly she never wanted to be second choice like she always was to elena and yet she goes with Stefan hate to say it but second choice AGAIN but first choice to klaus!!!!!!