Lady Gaga Super Bowl

Lady Gaga Eyeing Super Bowl 51 Halftime Performance — Report

While you wait for “Perfect Illusion” to finally grow on you, here’s something else to wrap your brain around: Lady Gaga could very well be our next Super Bowl halftime performer.

According to Billboard, Gaga is in talks to take the stage at Super Bowl LI — that’s 51 for all my Roman Numerically challenged brethren — after impressing the NFL with her powerful performance of the National Anthem at last year’s big game. The bowl is scheduled to take place at Houston’s NRG Stadium on Feb. 5, 2017.

As you may recall, Adele recently confirmed that she turned down an offer from the NFL to perform at this year’s Super Bowl.

“I mean, come on, that show is not about music,” the singer told her audience at a Los Angeles concert in August. “And I don’t really — I don’t dance or anything like that. They were very kind, they did ask me, but I did say no.”

What say you, Little Monsters and normal-sized humans? Would Gaga make a good fit at Super Bowl LI? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. sa says:

that would be so coul

2. TheloNaGrapso says:

No. Do not need a freak show during the big game.

3. wrstlgirl says:

Love her.

4. HAP says:

She had some major self-esteem issues when she was young and she created that Gaga thing. But, she is so talented and so successful that I really wish she would just go back to being Stefani

5. A. D. says:

God I wish we could get a great band for the Halftime show…..

6. Tom says:

What about someone like Foo Fighters or Metallica or someone, like, you know, not pop? Some good rock. Springsteen? It’s been a few years since there’s been a halftime show I’ve wanted to watch. Aside from ONE Chili Peppers song a couple years back, the last half time show I actually wanted to watch was The Who in 2010. Or, maybe, it’s in Houston this year, get George Strait to do a come back show, it’s been a long while since they’ve had a country show. The last one they had was technically Shania Twain but she did two songs and at that point she was only nominally country, before that it was 1994. Just please, no more SheWhoTakesHerNameFromAHorribleQueenSong, no more Bruno Mars. Give us rock or real country for a change.

• hpeterson169 says:

I know considering the larger portion of viewers of football are adult men, rock seems to be a good choice for those in attendance there as well as for viewers at home, no more pop please!

7. Txviachicago says:

Keep in mind:
    – super bowl 2017 is being held in Houston
    – houston’s 2015 rejection of the recent bill protecting transgender rights accomplishes the same thing as north Carolina’s well known “bathroom bill” rejecting trans rights
    -lady gaga is known to support the rights of LGBT community

Lady gaga should seriously rethink performing in such a bigoted environment as Houston.

8. Stacey says:

Yes, please! Glad Adele turned it down, her music isn’t meant for the half time show. Loved if Bruno came with GaGa too. Please no Beyonce this year!!!

9. GregJ. says:

Absolutely would a good fit!!!! I can just imagine what she would come up with, she’s so creative. Crossing my fingers.

10. David says:

I’ve been waiting for this for years! Yes! She will be EPIC! And stand up for equality!

11. Whole Grain Goodness says:

Gak! I hope not. I’d prefer crickets to her.

12. Colin Kaepernick says: