Fall TV Preview

Supergirl Season 2 Photos: Superman, Lena Luthor and, Yes, Cat Grant

The first batch of Supergirl Season 2 photos are quite super indeed, featuring much of the reunited Kryptonian cousins.

In addition to seeing Teen Wolf alum Tyler Hoechlin as both Superman and Clark Kent, you’ll also spy Lex Luthor’s sister Lena (Merlin’s Katie McGrath), as well as CatCo overlord Cat Grant (Calista Flockhart is confirmed to appear in the first two episodes, Greg Berlanti told IndieWire, and in a total of at least six).

Supergirl made a number of significant casting moves as it transitions from CBS to The CW, most notably tapping Hoechlin to guest-star as Superman. Other key hires include Cougar Town alum Ian Gomez as Kara’s new supervisor, Snapper Carr; Floriana Lima (The Family) as Science Crimes captain Maggie Sawyer; Containment‘s Chris Wood as Mon-El (aka the mystery pod’s passenger); and Frederick Schmidt as John Corben aka Metallo.

Supergirl Season 2 premieres Monday, Oct. 10 at 8/7c on The CW, leading into Jane the Virgin.

1. Ninamags says:

Even though I care not at all for the Clark/Supes casting, I cannot wait for this to start up again.

Maybe it’s the appearance of a heavy/full beard waiting to grow in that kills the illusion for me. Seriously, dude needs a better razor.

2. Doug Henning says:

He sure does look like a younger version of Kara’s adopted father??

3. Azerty says:

I am still doubtful about the Supes cast. He looks like the same age that Kara and James and for me that’s a mistake. I am waiting to see what story they will want to tell with Clark but if they are going with a mentor storyline they should have casted a more mature Superman., mid-40’s or 50’s. Then again it depends on what story and maybe a mentor role would be too much like Hank’s role. BTW I hope they won’t forget that Hank and Clark are supposed to be “friends” like Hank suggested in season 1.

• clintbrew says:

it well known that kryptonians age slower on earth due to yellow sun also it looks like the reason for the Supes/martian standoff looks to be like superman protecting his cousin

• Azerty says:

I know I know, but some would argue that in that case Kara should look younger too, like 15, even though she grew up a few years under Krypton’s red sun. Anyway we can explain it with DC logic, it is just a feeling. But at first I didn’t believe in Amell’s cast as Oliver Queen and now I can’t see anyone else, not even Justin Hartley so maybe when I will see him acting I will believe in him.

4. Dominique says:

i think these pictures look much better than that promo pic of melissa and tyler, so i’m excited!

5. Phun says:

Thank you TVLine! The pics are awesome! Can’t wait!

6. I don’t seem like such a bad idea after all, huh? – Nicholas Cage.

7. Wordsmith says:

While I’m interested to see how they develop the Clark/Kara relationship, I’m actually more excited to see the interplay between best buddies Clark and Jimmy, and alien allies Clark and J’onn.

8. JC1 says:

I have no issues with the casting of Superman (yet anyway). I do however have issues with that suit. I kept hoping it would look better than it initially appeared, but no such luck. Sorry, but I think it looks terrible.

9. Elle says:

Hoechlin definitely has the face, but, I’m sorry, these tiny platforms under his heels are not nearly enough to give him the stature needed. This might make me a bad, shallow person, but I don’t think I’ll be able to take seriously a Superman who’s a head shorter than half of the cast.

• jrex says:

Melissa is listed online as 5′ 8″ and Tyler is 6′. Neither is short but Mechad is clearly very tall and makes everyone else look short.

10. Kent Nelson says:

I’m looking forward to the channel change. The cross overs not sooooo much. I think the FLASH brought to much story forward to fast. Seriously…. The Reverse Flash should have been brought in a bit gradual…. Especially since they’re now doing ‘Flashpoint’. DC brought the character back too life just to PHCUKING KILL HIM…..WTF I think RF never got his due since in the comics various players took up the mantle and they were all “Crazy” in some way…. Borderline “NUTS”…. I did hope the TV show would provide a different approach but over time….. I guess we’ll see.

RF is now dead in the comics and rightfully so; they made him way to powerfully and way off kilter to the point where a core fan would be like “Just kill him again….”

I do like the Superman addition. He’ll do fine, he’s not Nick Cage so were good!!

Peace

11. Diane Kuehnapfel says:

He looks better as Clark Kent instead of Superman.

12. Steven Wright says:

I LOVE CAT GRANT!!!!. She. Has. The Best. ONE. LINERS!!

13. Simon Jester says:

More Lynda Carter, please!

14. Joey Padron says:

Good photos from season premiere episode. Excited to watch new season next month!

15. frr says:

If Supergirls friend made her costume for her….how is it that superman has the same exact one….

16. Clark Kent says:

I’ll reserve judgment on the casting. I’ve seen him in Teen Wolf, and he could be fine. I’m just looking forward to a version of Superman that doesn’t suck like Cavill’s does. Better writers are involved than in the movies.

17. Robert Dassler says:

I’d never considered it before but two actors wearing those costumes in tandem looks really weird. If It was just Superman or just Supergirl by themselves I wouldn’t give it a second glance… but together, in live action, sheesh!

18. Cass says:

O.M.G! That is NOT superman. Is someone punking me?
    He’s not muscular, handsome or at all inspiring. I kinda wish the guy from Smallville reprised his role for the cameos in supergirl here. Hell they invited cast members from Lois and Clark the new adventures of Superman AND Smallville in the past…. I want to weep at this cruel casting injustice. What are you thinking?!?

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

If they were to cast Tom Welling they would more likely have him in a different role. Just like Helen Slater, Dean Cain, and Laura Vandervoort play different characters.