Fall TV Preview
Kirstie Alley Scream Queens

Kirstie Alley Joins Scream Queens as Series Regular in Season 2

Cheers to this casting news: Sitcom vet Kirstie Alley will be joining the ladies (and assorted gentlemen) of Scream Queens as a series regular in the Fox comedy’s upcoming second season, TVLine has learned.

A far cry from the show’s original sorority setting, Season 2 — which premieres Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 9/8c — takes place at a hospital, one curiously owned by Jamie Lee Curtis’ character, a former college dean. Joining the original Queens in Season 2 are John Stamos and Taylor Lautner as a pair of handsome doctors with questionable ethics. (If any ethics at all.)

Alley will play the hospital’s “brilliant and devious administrator,” per Fox.

In addition to her starring role on Cheers — for which she received her first Emmy Award in 1991 — Alley also headlined a number of comedy series, including the short-lived Veronica’s Closet (NBC, 1997–2000) and the even shorter-lived Kirstie (TV Land, 2013–2014).

Is this casting right up your… Alley? (Sorry, I had to.) Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Greg says:

Interesting… its hard to see past her personal beliefs, so not sure how much I will enjoy watching her. I have to wonder though, how does a show with such small viewership afford her, Jamie Lee Curtis, John Stamos, Taylor Lautner, or even Emma Roberts…

• Dalyce says:

Well here comes the Kirstie “kiss of death” (Scientology slave and Trump bumpkin notwithstanding).

• Summer says:

Unfortunately, I don’t think any kiss of death is powerful enough to take down a Ryan Murphy show, though I wish there was.

• Cas says:

Guess I am the only one who can like someone with different beliefs than myself?

• kirads09 says:

“its hard to see past her personal beliefs” Ah, such a statement of love, tolerance & inclusion. I might understand your comment somewhat better if she were hosting a talk show, newest member of the View or something like that. A forum for those personal beliefs to be voiced. This is a completely crazy fictional (as I understand it) dark comedy where she will be playing a completely fictional character. Doubt there’ll be any room for talk about her politics or scientology so nothing to worry about there anyway.

• Marf says:

I’m not a fan, I can understand anyone who has different religions, but listen to Leah Remini, it’s a cult, and Kirstey is one of its biggest contributors. I’ll still watch, but agree shes the kiss of death.

2. sludgehound says:

Boy I hope this isn’t some kind of sophomore jinx. Loved the first season with some of the best biting writing out there. Clever, inside, dark enough yet screamingly funny. More please!

3. ScottJ says:

How can she be joining the show as a series regular when the show has already been filming for well over a month? Sounds to me like she’ll have a weekly credit but only appear in a few episodes. Unless the show isn’t filming episode by episode -which is how its done practically everywhere except the USA.

4. Fan4me says:

I love this news! Is she the Blind Item casting?