Fall TV Preview

Supernatural Promo: Rick Springfield vs. Crowley, Bloody Dean and More

Lucifer is about the rock the hell out of Supernatural.

The first teaser for Season 12 features Rick Springfield as Vince Vincente, the fallen angel’s new rock star vessel, in a confrontation with Crowley, aka the former King of Hell.

While much has been made of the fact that the British Men of Letters take the younger Winchester brother captive — “Right now, all that matters is getting Sam back,” Mary declares — Dean is also in chains and bloodied in the promo. But who’s to blame?

In addition to the returns of Samantha Smith and Elizabeth Blackmore as Mary Winchester and Lady Toni, respectively, Season 12 will also welcome back Adam Rose as Aaron Bass in Episode 5.

Supernatural returns on its new night, Thursday, Oct. 13 at 9/8c on The CW.

Press PLAY above to view the video, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Nick Choo says:

Can’t wait!! I have some reservations about the MoL storyline but I’m actually really excited for Season 12. The footage in the promo seems to have a desaturated look similar to Season 1 – I’m hoping it’s not just for the promo. Bring it on!!

2. ninamags says:

Woohoo!!! Cannot wait.

Although, Sam looks more abused than previous pictures led on. Poor Sammy.

3. Vicki says:

Well for starters the promo does not show DEAN bloodied and in chains, it’s Sam. But wow, although I have my reservations about how well Springfield will fill in for Pellagrino, HE LOOKS DANGEROUS! Just don’t see the need for Mary to stick around too long. They have Cas and Mommy will just be a liability as far as I can see. Let’s not muddy the psychological waters for the boys too much. She needs to be brought up to speed with modern life alone, much less all that the Boys know and have seen in the hunting life. She’s been dead their whole lives…she is more MYTH than MOM. Neither boy really knew her, except for brief periods and that includes their visits to the past. They don’t have the time…and frankly, neither do we.

• Nick Choo says:

Actually, you see bloodied Dean in shackles/chains at the 0:15 mark, right before the title card.

• Ninamags says:

You cannot possibly be saying that a character with absolutely no interesting storyline is better than their own friggin’ mother?!?!

Talk about deluded.

Besides, who says they don’t have the time? When we last left the boys, there was no world-in-peril storyline. It was just the boys facing a (human) enemy.

• Are you kidding me? You just said an entire story arc that they could be dealing with, for a character who has been beloved for years. Who is an actual Winchester.

They never had a problem having Bobby around, so I don’t see how you could possibly think that having Mary around wouldn’t create tons of story potential.

And hell, if they need to free up screentime, they could always kill of crowley.

• Not to mention, she was a hunter before John was. I can’t wait to see her kick ass beside her sons, and have her teach them a thing or two, that their grandfather never bothered to show them, in the year he was around.

• Carrie says:

I’m a huge fan who’s been watching since the very beginning, and I’m totally thrilled and excited to see Mary on the show. I think bringing her back was an awesome idea. I can’t wait for the new season to start.

• “They don’t have the time…and frankly, neither do we.”
      Speak for yourself. Mary’s a hunter herself and she’s important by virtue of being Sam and Dean’s mother. Based on the spoilers, she’ll be there for a while and some of us “have the time” to get to know her better. I’m very excited that she’s back.

4. The more they showcase Men of Letters the more I’m convinced that the Men of Letters needs to be the next spin-off

5. dman6015 says:

Why didn’t they just get Alice Cooper?

6. TracyA says:

I’m Super excited! I’m gonna miss Pellagrino, but will give Alice Cooper, er, I mean Rick Springfield a chance! (What’s with all the GH/Supernatural crossover casting?)

7. Nichole says:

Can’t wait I have watched every episode and see both of these hot guys grow and do there thing season 12 should be a awesome as all the others have been and I have another season to watch Jensen Ackles aka Dean do his thing I could watch him everyday