Exclusive

Greys Anatomy Sneak Peek: Meredith Declares, 'We're the Bad Guys'

Alex is definitely going down, the only question is whether Meredith is going with him.

In this exclusive Grey’s Anatomy Season 13 promo, which is an expanded version of the truncated sneak peek we ran earlier this week, Alex and Meredith are seen having a rather tense pow-wow about his current, rather precarious predicament (you know, him beating Andrew to near death).

Despite sporting knuckles that look like they were put through a wood chipper, Karev seems to think he can get away with attempted murder. Meredith, meanwhile, thinks he’s nuts. Curiously, she also can be heard telling him, “We’re the bad guys,” suggesting that perhaps she is going to help him cover up the crime.

Watch the teaser for the Sept. 22 premiere above and then share your predictions/theories in the comments.

1. Jessica says:

I can’t wait! Season 13 looks so good.

2. G says:

This by no means is a Sneak Peek, more like an extended promo.
    Stop lying!

3. Nikki says:

I cannot wait. I’m so happy that Alex is getting some real storyline instead of being Ann Landers to the sisters. Bring it!

4. Alyson says:

I really wanted Alex to get a storyline. This isn’t quite what I had in mind, though.

Alex Karev is the definition of character development. I hope they don’t ruin it.

• jhall1ny says:

His storyline is so aggravating! He has worked so hard to better himself over the years and yet shonda rhymes always goes back to the dependable– his scrappy upbringing. We’ve watched him evolve from a jerk face self effacing intern to

5. Ellajasper says:

I cannot believe this story line. Seriously. Alex had become a good, caring doctor and friend. He would not do this. Bad idea. Not interested. Wake me up when this part is over.

6. Guest says:

I can’t believe that ever since the first promo came out people have been either blaming Jo or DeLuca for something Alex did. He’s the only one to blame here. He walked out that day, so even if Jo had hooked up with DeLuca it wasn’t his business anymore since they were broken up. I get that as a guy you’d get angry seeing the woman you love with another guy, but one or two punches would’ve been enough. Just because Alex has been on the show since the start people shouldn’t excuse everything he does and blame it on others.

Also as a feminist show GA sure knows how to ignore the woman who was involved when everything happened. They only show Alex and DeLuca. Where is Jo? Or is her face bruised up as well and they can’t show her?

• Joan says:

Seriously, where is Jo? The domestic violence story is so important and so far it looks like they’re only making it about Alex and DeLuca. Which should be dealt with too but Jo is important in this SL as well. What’s up with the writers?

• G says:

I completely agree with you! I pretty much wrote the same thing in one of the many promos on YouTube

• Cynthia says:

I think she ran off. I mean she ran off from her ex husband for beating her why not?

7. Jess says:

See, you know who I don’t give a crap about in this storyline? Meredith! She’s not a part of this and she’s not involved at all but God forbid they do a SL with Alex and leave her out. While there’s no sign of Jo. What is she doing, sleeping while Alex brings DeLuca in? Are the writers serious? Her reaction to all of this matters more than Meredith’s. But on GA everything is being made about Meredith. Yes she’s the main character but it makes for bad storytelling if she gets more focus in a storyline she has nothing to do with than a character who was in the middle of the incident.

• G says:

I hope they don’t go that route, but this Grey’s and Let’s make everything about Mer.
      Yes, I know her last name in The title, but while she is the Lead; she no way needs to be the center in everything

• Sara says:

She is Alex’s bestfriend/family, It would be weird if she’s not part of this, when Alex is in this crisis and big trouble. If she’s not involved, people would call her a ”bad friend” she can’t win huh? Alex was involved so heavily in her centric episode, when she was attacked last season, I didn’t see anyone moaning he shouldn’t be involved. What is Meredith going to do when Alex is facing this? Go drinking at Joe’s or party what? Of course she’s going to be there for him and help him even if that’s making her ‘a bad guy too’

• Exactly. I think it’s natural for Meredith to be a part of it. If Alex is going to go to anyone…it’s her. It’s not going to be Jackson or Maggie or Owen, etc. I also find this amusing because all the time people are like ‘Meredith is never there for Alex, when he is there for her all the time’ but when she is there for him…they want her to not be there? It’s so weird.

• Sara says:

Yes, very weird, and unnecessary drama. Of course it’s given that from all people, Alex is going to her, to help him, like I said she’s his family and the person knows him the most.

• Marissa says:

Mer is the main character and Alex is her bff so of corse she is involved . It’s called Grey’s anatomy. Mer is inter connected in everyone sl.

• Sandi Posey says:

How do you know there is no sign of Jo?? Have you already seen the season premiere? The only thing that has been released is a storyline and a few photos. None of us know how this is going to play out. If you don’t recall, Joe was hammered when Alex got there so it is very doubtful that she is going anywhere in that state. Maybe Alex called Meredith over to stay with Jo while he took Deluca to the hospital and that is how Meredith end up finding out exactly what happened.

8. Kathleen says:

Are these doctors dumb? Who brought Deluca in? Alex. Who has bruised up hands? Alex. Isn’t it crystal clear who did this to Deluca? Why are they making such a huge deal about someone selling Alex out? He should confess to doing it himself.

Also I agree that by not showing Jo the writers are messing up big time. She hasn’t been on any promo photos though so maybe she tried to go between Alex and Deluca and got accidentally hit by Alex too and that’s how he stopped.

I’ve been a DV victim myself and I want her storyline to be done justice. Deluca having been beat up is bad too, but I hope it won’t overshadow what Jo had to go through. Knowing the viewers they will blame her for everything again instead of being reasonable enough to admit that Alex screwed up.

• Marissa says:

I think both Jo and Alex are at fault .

• Dylan Ann says:

How exactly is a woman to blame for a man choosing to almost kill another guy? Did she force him to beat him to a pulp? She shares blame in their relationship falling apart – she holds NO BLAME for Alex physically beating another person. Period.

• G says:

Oh! I really want to ‘Like’ comment a 1000x because
          Yes, you are making perfect sense! I don’t understand the people who are blaming Jo for Alex’s actions!
          In their relationship problems, yes Jo has fault. In Alex beating DeLuca senseless, nope. Absolutely not. She yells at Alex to stop

• Kendall says:

Honestly, knowing GA, Deluca probably only has a couple bruises or a broken bone or two. They always make the last episode seem so horrific and the next season opener is kind of a let down to the build up.

• Phil says:

I will not hold by breath expecting a reasonable development with this plot. Anyone remembers what happened the last time something like this happened? Jo beat up the guy she was seeing to the point of him needing brain surgery (black guy from pediatrics I think). They made a whole deal out of Jo getting a black eye when the guy was trying to defend himself from her. And when he regained consciousness, Alex blackmailed the guy into not pressing charges against Jo by threatening to end his career, promising to spread the word he beat her, ensuring no one would hire him. For all the issues she brings up, Shonda sure goes full on hypocrite sometimes.

9. Larc says:

What Alex did is realistically cause for dismissal from Grey-Sloan as well as some serious time in the slammer. That multiplies several times if Andrew doesn’t make it.

10. Diane says:

Seriously? Alex in the wrong for the beat up. That said, Jo isn’t ready for a mature relationship because she hasn’t dealt with her issues. She can’t admit to Alex that she’s been abused and still married? Alex has carried his hurt over the rejection from Jo way too far.

11. andrew hass says:

I can’t wait to see what happens because what Alex did could cause him to explore his family’s past of violence.As for Meredith, i do think she’ll help Alex deal with what he did but i don’t see her breaking the law because she has kids who depend on her.Plus Meredith saying that she and Alex are the bad guys could mean a lot of things.

12. Mary says:

I think that Alex and Meredith need to be together. I am not caring for him being this guy who can’t control his temper he’s grown from that guy over the years and seasons….am I the only one wanting Meredith and Alex together?? They have been through EVERYTHING TOGETHER………..

• susan says:

It would be a nice story line but like many friends that have feelings for each other they wouldn’t want jeopardize their friendship if things didn’t work out and they work together too which would make it awkward .

13. EM says:

Glad that Alex is getting a great story line and Mer is a part of it. I will reserve judgement of how they handle domestic abuse until I see it. This is a lot of hype for new season but I suspect it will be handled well. Watch and then comment.

14. Quina says:

Alex better not forgive Jo fast She is a liar and has been stringing him on

15. Don’t you go all ‘Coming September 22nd” on me! Tell me what’s gonna happen NOW :(

16. Alex reminds me of George this poor guy can’t never catch a break. We all know in real world he will be finished fired and in jail but of course this is TV and I’m sure there figure some way to fix everything

17. SallySlattery says:

Yes like the show wait to see it I love this show

18. Sharon says:

When dose it start in uk please

19. Brandon says:

I used to like this show…..but, since Jesse Williams has shown himself to be a self-loathing racist, and hater of anyone ‘white’ (that’s the self-lathing part) I will never watch it again. I’m biracial, as is Jesse, and I understand his emotional need to ‘belong’, but his racist bent is unacceptable. His anger is predictable. It’s coming from a man who can not reconcile his own identity. It’s tragic. Goodbye Greys….

20. evlin karasenty says:

Patric dampsi (derek) must be return
    Rings no good and the serie no interesing merdit and derek are a ideal couple ther game tougether is wonderful
    The game from riggs is not good.
    The serie lost it you must be derek retourn in serie 14.
    Please?

21. Ki says:

Oh so he die and Alex on the line for his death wow that’s crazy. Let’s see how he gets out of this, please don’t take Alex off the show

22. Karen says:

I am so excited to see tonight show and can’t wait. Poor Karev temper might have done him in, sure hope not.