Fall TV Preview
Vampire Diaries Michael Trevino Returning

The Vampire Diaries: Michael Trevino to Return in Season 8 — to Save Damon?

Tyler Lockwood — Damon’s unexpected savior?!

Michael Trevino is set to return as the former hybrid during Vampire Diaries‘ eighth and final season, EW.com reports.

The actor first appears in Episode 3 when Tyler comes face-to-face with a spiraling Damon. As the vampire’s mental state continues to get worse following his experience in the vault, Tyler will attempt to talk some sense into Damon by reminding him what and who is important.

Trevino is one of several familiar faces expected to grace TVD during its farewell season. During the Television Critics Association summer press tour in August, CW President Mark Pedowitz confirmed that “discussions are underway” for former leading lady Nina Dobrev to reprise her role as Elena Gilbert.

“We’d love to have Nina back,” he said. “She was great for The CW. She was integral for The Vampire Diaries.”

The Vampire Diaries Season 8 premieres Friday, Oct. 21 at 8/7c.

Vampire Diaries Video: Stars Reveal Their Favorite ‘Ships, Tease Elena’s Final-Season Return and More

1. Steveo says:

It sure sounds like Damon’s gonna kill Tyler.

2. I hope Damon kills Tyler, Tyler is the worst character. I don’t understand why they keep bringing him back

3. Shaun says:

Maybe he’ll embrace the wolf in him.

4. Gina says:

I wish he was coming back for Caroline. I actually really loved them together. I hate her and Stefan. It’s gross. Or her and klaus at least. :p see I’m not too picky lol

• Chris says:

I totally agree with you 100 %, Caroline and Stefan make me want to vomit and seem so uncomfortable. Tyler and Caroline had a thing and definitely Klaus for sure.

• Stacey says:

I completely agree with both of you! I love Klaroline, but I really liked Forwood too. Steroline is just gross and boring. They’re both so awkward, they were so much better as friends. I hope Ty sticks around and gets to interact with Care and Matt, not just Damon. Plus MT is such an under-rated actor, I really enjoy his scenes.

• Missy says:

Yes to all of you about Tyler and Caroline. Steroline are the most boring couple of all time. I’m still wondering how and why they forced those two on us when they were part of other pairings that were interesting and actually had chemistry.

• Samantha says:

I really didn’t like forwood I loved Klaroline more but of all her pairings Steoline is the only one I really can’t watch. I find it funny how all these articles call them fan fav but it doesn’t seem like the fans like them very much. Honestly don’t want to watch another season of that bore feast

5. Hallie says:

Kat said that someone dies pretty early on and it makes sense it could be him but I just think it is stupid to bring him back just to kill him

6. Lauren says:

I’m not gonna hold my breath, but god I hope they have a Tyler and Caroline endgame. They were my favourite couple in all the years of couple swapping.

• Val says:

Agree! There are too many wrongs that Plec needs to right for this to be a ‘good’ series finale and putting TC back together is a start. Making the past four seasons disappear would be great but that’s asking too much. and “couple swapping”…ain’t that the truth? lol

7. Jamie Morales says:

I am a huge fan of Michael Trevino. I just want to wish him the best and I hope to meet him someday. Vampire Diaries will always be my show!!👍😂